Zergiotis starter moving forward | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zergiotis starter moving forward

Reaction Score
With all of the leadership qualities MB is said to have to keep him on the field why not move him over to TE at 6’5 250 that’s a big target and it was his main position in HS
People on this board are so dumb sometimes. Jesus.

Reaction Score
He has a strong arm and confidence. I like what I saw.

What I didn’t like was running on third and two with 7 min left in the game and not converting. I thought that was the biggest factor in losing honestly. That and the two field goals early on. We needed to step on throats

Reaction Score
I can’t tell if it’s a Premium ($) article so if it is let me know and I’ll delete it to prevent frustration:

Reaction Score
Can we slow the roll a little on this kid. He looked like he has some ability throwing the ball and making plays which UConn never sees at QB but all this raving from Randy is a little much considering he wasn't going to be QB unless there was an injury on a team that doesn't have a legit QB.
Looking back I think Randy loved him from the beginning. But being Randy he didn’t want to go with a true freshman. Plus he had a highly rated guy as a backup. But being the new and improved Randy he said screw it and went with his gut. Kid looked like the real deal to me.

Reaction Score
Not me, now if you're saying that Grothe was not a tall pro style QB, then I agree 100%. Look at Russell Wilson, is he a tall pro style QB, no. Is he a gamer, for sure yes, and he's a great passer but maybe in a different way, and I think you could say the same for Jack Zergiotis.
Grothe threw 18 touchdowns to 14 interceptions and averaged 200 yards a game in his best year...he isn't a great passer in any way.

Reaction Score
I think Grothe killed us a couple times. Probably wasn’t as good as he looked against us.

Reaction Score
Grothe was an excellent improver and a very good college QB. Our best QB comparison to Grothe is Tyler Lorenson. Z doesn't look to have that type of running ability but is a better pure passer. Our best comparison to Z is probably (fingers crossed) Orlovsky.

Reaction Score
Frankly. You’re the one out of step.

Zergiotis positives - acknowledge his flaws in Game One - has to give you eyebrow raising thoughts. He could be really good. Two variables we can’t control - one we know & one we don’t. It’s gonna take a QB Whisperer QBC to guide him. UConn had Moorhead & Ambrose (in retrospect) & I praise Dunn for last year. Can Moyseenko raise Jack Zergiotis. And Two ... is this a kid that makes the extra effort to get far better. Dan O did.

But based on one Saturday early in September ... it’s a damn good marker.

Reaction Score
Looking back I think Randy loved him from the beginning. But being Randy he didn’t want to go with a true freshman. Plus he had a highly rated guy as a backup. But being the new and improved Randy he said screw it and went with his gut. Kid looked like the real deal to me.
I have no idea what is going on in Randy’s head. First he says that Beaudry is going to be the starting quarterback because he can command the huddle and has experience. He also said his decision was not just based on statistics but also intangibles.

RE said Krajewski did well and made the decision very difficult and that he felt confident if Steven Krajewski had to go into the game. He also said, “This is another kid that worked his butt off to put himself in a position to be on the field”

Then one day he walks into practice and has this epiphany and goes with Zergiotis because “he has swag?” I’m not saying that your gut feeling can’t be right but this isn’t s multiple choice question we’re talking about here. I hope everything works out and we end up with a winning record and maybe go bowling.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what is going on in Randy’s head. First he says that Beaudry is going to be the starting quarterback because he can command the huddle and has experience. He also said his decision was not just based on statistics but also intangibles.

RE said Krajewski did well and made the decision very difficult and that he felt confident if Steven Krajewski had to go into the game. He also said, “This is another kid that worked his butt off to put himself in a position to be on the field”

Then one day he walks into practice and has this epiphany and goes with Zergiotis because “he has swag?” I’m not saying that your gut feeling can’t be right but this isn’t s multiple choice question we’re talking about here. I hope everything works out and we end up with a winning record and maybe go bowling.

Things change daily in practice .. hence Edsalls changes in QB at this time. I bet we will know for sure in another few weeks .. until then let’s just wait and see ..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom