Zergiotis starter moving forward | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zergiotis starter moving forward

Reaction Score
Curious how this is going over over with Beaudry and Krajewski. While Beaudry is likely the backup and in a violent game, the second QB has strong odds of playing, he can’t be happy. Steve K has been waiting and working. A true freshman coming in and getting the keys has to be tough. Meanwhile, we have the best college QB in Canada since Warren Moon or whoever coming in next year.

This has some interesting storylines to watch.

Reaction Score
Endres had great touch. Go back and watch the TD he threw to Kashief Moore at Rutgers. I do think this kid is better, Endres had lead feet. Similar attitudes however. Endres thought he was The Man also.
I think Endres was much taller. He was listed around 6 feet 4. And he had a tremendous arm.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Curious how this is going over over with Beaudry and Krajewski. While Beaudry is likely the backup and in a violent game, the second QB has strong odds of playing, he can’t be happy. Steve K has been waiting and working. A true freshman coming in and getting the keys has to be tough. Meanwhile, we have the best college QB in Canada since Warren Moon or whoever coming in next year.

This has some interesting storylines to watch.
I feel for Steve, but I do feel like the position was his to lose Mike went down.

Reaction Score
With all of the leadership qualities MB is said to have to keep him on the field why not move him over to TE at 6’5 250 that’s a big target and it was his main position in HS

Reaction Score
With all of the leadership qualities MB is said to have to keep him on the field why not move him over to TE at 6’5 250 that’s a big target and it was his main position in HS
He doesn’t look very fast and he is hugely injury prone. I don’t think he could last more then a game.

Reaction Score
The box score certainly doesnt do justice with how good Zergiotis looked out there. Love his confidence and attitude. Itll take some time to make sure he makes fewer silly mistakes but a very solid first game.

Reaction Score
Best way I can describe him was he looked like he was a quarterback. Not a fullback playing the position. Not a running back playing there. An honest to gosh real quarterback. Who could absolutely sling it.

Reaction Score
This Zergiotis kid comes off as a Baker Mayfield.

He'll be a senior when we play Clemson?
Zergiotis reminds me a lot of Matt Grothe. Let's hope Zergiotis stays healthy though as Grothe did not, the ACL injury killed his career.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Zergiotis reminds me a lot of Matt Grothe. Let's hope Zergiotis stays healthy though as Grothe did not, the ACL injury killed his career.
Maybe as a passer....but Grothe was a very good runner. I don’t see that in Jack Zergiotis.

Reaction Score
Maybe as a passer....but Grothe was a very good runner. I don’t see that in Jack Zergiotis.
Yeah, I meant as a passer, although give Jack Zergiotis some time, he's agile enough. He showed me he can run when he ran out of the pocket and hit Williams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grothe was not a good passer. More of a gamer.
22 touchdown passes in 2007, and a season high 382 passing yards against Cincinnati. Maxwell and Manning watch lists, and he wasn't a good passer? Care to elaborate? BEFOY.

Reaction Score
22 touchdown passes in 2007, and a season high 382 passing yards against Cincinnati. Maxwell and Manning watch lists, and he wasn't a good passer? Care to elaborate? BEFOY.
Just remember him being a gritty gamer type. Not what i would call pretty passer. It's not a knock. Some guys are great college qbs and aren't great passers. Tim Tebow for one.

Reaction Score
Just remember him being a gritty gamer type. Not what i would call pretty passer. It's not a knock. Some guys are great college qbs and aren't great passers. Tim Tebow for one.
I don't think anyone would not disagree with calling Jack Zergiotis a gamer too, Edsall said as much in his presser that there was just something about the kid in his confidence and poise. Grothe was a very good passer, you should rethink that, though I do agree Tebow was not.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would not disagree with calling Jack Zergiotis a gamer too, Edsall said as much in his presser that there was just something about the kid in his confidence and poise. Grothe was a very good passer, you should rethink that, though I do agree Tebow was not.
Agree to disagree on Grothe. I thought Tebow could pass it better than him.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree on Grothe. I thought Tebow could pass it better than him.
Not me, now if you're saying that Grothe was not a tall pro style QB, then I agree 100%. Look at Russell Wilson, is he a tall pro style QB, no. Is he a gamer, for sure yes, and he's a great passer but maybe in a different way, and I think you could say the same for Jack Zergiotis.

Reaction Score
He’s not tall enough like CC, Whitmer, and Nebrich and can’t see over the linemen. Just kidding. Hope he’s a Dude!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just to verify...is Randy pounding Molsons with a true freshman?

Reaction Score
Can we slow the roll a little on this kid. He looked like he has some ability throwing the ball and making plays which UConn never sees at QB but all this raving from Randy is a little much considering he wasn't going to be QB unless there was an injury on a team that doesn't have a legit QB.

Reaction Score
Z = Drew Brees. > someday, maybe
Good comparison, although Zergiotis is a little bigger than Brees. Zergiotis is bigger than people think, just because you see him standing next to Beaudry and Krajewski on the sideline don't think he's a shrimp, he's 6'1" 225.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom