Zags Blog on BE COY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags Blog on BE COY

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
So if PC wins out and finishes 7th; Cooley isn't in the mix?

A lot depends on the final few games. ATM Ollie, Thompson and Buzz all are ahead or should be.

Also, losing to DePaul automatically eliminates any chances, didn't you know? JK.

Reaction Score

Sure, he'd be in the mix if he wins out. But there are three other coaches who would be 100% locks if they win out. We can speculate all we want about how the season plays out, but Cooley's not in the top 3 as of today.

Reaction Score
Winning counts, GU was picked 5th if they win BE Thompson will get coach of the year award. If UConn finishes tied for second, it will be a bigger accomplishment but no one remembers second place finishers. Only olympic gold counts, no one cares about silver medals. At least they don't in the USA.

Reaction Score
Winning counts, GU was picked 5th if they win BE Thompson will get coach of the year award. If UConn finishes tied for second, it will be a bigger accomplishment but no one remembers second place finishers. Only olympic gold counts, no one cares about silver medals. At least they don't in the USA.
I think that is true, but in coach of the year stuff, other factors come into play such as whether some coaches are ticked at others, who is on the hot seat or not. had Ollie not gotten an extension yet, I have no doubt, for example, that he'd be a very likely candidate. The other thing is that it is partly a question of who you coach. UConn finishing in the top 5 of the Big East is more or less "normal." If you're coaching DePaul and get them up to 10th, that might be a huge accomplishment. Frankly this(well not only the Big East version, most conference COY awards) is one of the more bogus awards in sports.

Reaction Score

Yeah, if PC wins out, you would have to at least give him a look. I don't think Providence deserved to be ranked last in the pre-season polls, though - they are a solid club that would be in the mix for a bid if it weren't for the injuries earlier in the season. Cooley has done a good job, though. I think he's fourth or fifth right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom