Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft

Reaction Score
Good for him, hope he and JH go very high in the draft. That helps future recruiting.

Reaction Score
this is going to be the most stressful draft night ever. a team has to take a chance on him in the second round. in the tourney he demonstrated he doesnt have any more glaring holes in his game. he can score down low, around the elbow, out to the 3 pt line, he can pass, he can hedge, he can block shots. he has the best motor and the biggest heart.

Reaction Score
I remember being so perturbed that first class seems like we wasted a ton of time of Kofi $$$ and then missed on Wahab and Carlton was really struggling. Next class, Sanogo is heavy lean to Seton Hall, we get involved and he comes in (possibly a year early?) and I was like Kofi who!! One of the all-time great Huskies to us middle-aged dudes. As said on here, to me the best offensive big to ever wear a Husky uniform since I started following mid 90s.

I often felt by quotes from coaches and teammates all last year, Adama was totally embarrassed by the two early exits, particularly NM St., and his incredible work ethic and pride in craft and team pushed our group to heights we may not have achieved without his mentality. (Obviously not without his talent as well).

AN ALL-TIME HUSKY GREAT! Nothing but LOVE for Adama!!!

Reaction Score
I remember being so perturbed that first class seems like we wasted a ton of time of Kofi $$$ and then missed on Wahab and Carlton was really struggling. Next class, Sanogo is heavy lean to Seton Hall, we get involved and he comes in (possibly a year early?) and I was like Kofi who!! One of the all-time great Huskies to us middle-aged dudes. As said on here, to me the best offensive big to ever wear a Husky uniform since I started following mid 90s.

I often felt by quotes from coaches and teammates all last year, Adama was totally embarrassed by the two early exits, particularly NM St., and his incredible work ethic and pride in craft and team pushed our group to heights we may not have achieved without his mentality. (Obviously not without his talent as well).

He did come a year early. So he'll be the age of many of the sophomores in the class. In a league that values youth, it should help him a bit in the draft. Just turned 21 this February iirc.

Hawkins turns 21 in a week. Bouk turned 21 a couple months before his first NBA game.

You get the idea. Since he didn't prep, he is younger than most juniors in the draft. Younger than some sophomores even.

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Zagoria seems more interested in getting the scoop than getting it right. Should have waited to hear from Adama directly.
And nothing on Zagoria's site about it either yet.

Reaction Score
Thank you so much for everything you brought to the program, Adama!

Absolutely showed what great things can happen with hard work, persistence, and grace.

An All-time UConn Husky great! Go be the man at the next level!!!!

Reaction Score
One of my favorite Huskies ever.

I'm telling you, going 19-52 from three this season (36.5%) and 98-128 from the line (76.6%) is what's getting him drafted this summer.

That's thanks to his unnerving hard work and dedication to his craft. Great guy too.
The FT line is key. He has showed he can improve his shooting. Now, it’s a matter if he can defend.

Reaction Score

It still blows my mind that Kofi was a 7-footer who averaged 21 and 11 as a junior and went undrafted. He might have been the #1 pick 30 years ago, instead he's playing in Japan.

Reaction Score
It still blows my mind that Kofi was a 7-footer who averaged 21 and 11 as a junior and went undrafted. He might have been the #1 pick 30 years ago, instead he's playing in Japan.

Just looked up Kofi as well, does not bode well for Adama but Adama can shoot so we'll see.

What does Tristan Thompson do to keep being in the NBA that Kofi Cockburn can't?

Reaction Score
I hope he got good advice from his advisors on his NBA chances. He needs to have good workouts or he might not get drafted. Close to a $1M is a lot of NIL money to leave on the table and to continue to develop and get your degree.

Wish him the best. His game not only was a step up from sophomore to junior years, but from first half to second half. Most positive energy Husky I can remember.

Reaction Score
Selfishly glad I don’t need to see him in another school’s jersey
Selfishly as well for me as well. It would be tough seeing him in another school’s uniform

Reaction Score

He was going to SHU until literally the 25th hour. I have that on good authority. Boy, was that a break that worked in our favor.

Reaction Score
And to think I was worried about his tournament production. He started great and never slowed down. A great season from a great guy.
Yeah it was funny listening to his post game interviews on the court. He would always answer the question and then repeat the same point about how much he hated that they lost in the first round the last 2 years.
Adama is a Husky legend that will be truly missed but never forgotten.

Reaction Score
I’m really not sure there’s another guy who I’m happier for and whose additional success would make me even happier. One of my all time favorite huskies. either way - best of luck Adama !!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
  • All-time great UConn Husky, top 2 or 3 big in program history
  • Tremendous kid... so easy to root for and hearing him interview brings a smile to my face.
  • Hard work ethic... expanded his game and improved dramatically year-over-year. Development of his post moves, footwork, 3-pt shot% and FT% a testament to his determination and ability.
  • National champ, tournament MOP, and eventual Husky of Honor
We'll miss you, Adama. Go get paid my guy!

Reaction Score
Go Adama! He will rise on draft boards during the combine, workouts, etc. DH and the current UConn program is the best NBA preparation for a confident, driven player (see Tyrese Martin)
Yes he will have a great support staff that includes the UConn coaching staff and former UConn greats. Tyrese Martin would be a great advisor to him.

Reaction Score
It's remarkable how much more efficient he became from 2022 to 2023.

Dunks
2022: 29-32 (91%)
2023: 28-34 (82%)

At the rim
2022: 111-175 (63%)
2023: 199-261 (76%)

Other 2-pt
2022: 68-179 (38%)
2023: 59-144 (41%)

2-pt overall
2022: 179-354 (51%)
2023: 258-405 (64%)