Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft

Reaction Score
I am happy for him, also happy he announced this now so that staff can make plans. Feel like we need a big guy on the bench now, doesnt have to be good but need another body in case

Reaction Score
But he can pull back if he doesn't like feedback??

He's earned te right to do it and like everyone else wish him the best moving forward.
Yes. He can get feedback and then return to school. However, I think he will likely move on to the next chapter in his life and career. Good for him.

Reaction Score
Only hope is that this was the planned announcement & that Zags didn’t ruin the moment for a LEGEND.

Although no over the top announcement & a simple tweet & getting to work would be on brand for Adama

Reaction Score
He could still be maintaining his college eligibility?

Either way I’m happy for Adama. I’d love for us to hear three Huskies get drafted on draft night this year.

Husky LEGEND.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Very happy for him.

It will be very interesting to see DC's development and how Hurley integrates him as a starter
Los Angeles Lakers Basketball GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty
Los Angeles Lakers Basketball GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
One of my favorite Huskies ever.

I'm telling you, going 19-52 from three this season (36.5%) and 98-128 from the line (76.6%) is what's getting him drafted this summer.

That's thanks to his unnerving hard work and dedication to his craft. Great guy too.

Reaction Score
Go Adama! He will rise on draft boards during the combine, workouts, etc. DH and the current UConn program is the best NBA preparation for a confident, driven player (see Tyrese Martin)

Reaction Score
Right move, was always going to be very difficult to raise your stock as a Junior who just won NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player- no matter what he did his senior year- his style & his physical attributes are not going to change. If you want an ultra strong big who works his butt off & has wonderful touch around the basket you go use a pick on him- think you’ll be smiling in a few years.

Side note his defensive motor was extra in the tournament- blocked & altered shots each game- much more than he did in the regular season.

Thanks for winning a chip! GL in the League!!

Reaction Score
There’s no doubt he’s one of our two or three best bigs ever. He’s honestly one of the most important players in UConn history. There was no guarantee we’d win a title again when Hurley took this job. He played as large a role in getting us back as anyone. All the credit in the world goes to Adama for improving his game, and to the staff for identifying and developing him. I wouldn’t count him out when it comes to the NBA, even if he’s undrafted.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Feels like the right move for Adama. He'll make money in the NBA, G-League or overseas. Should have a long career. Wishing for great things in his future. One of my favorite Huskies ever.

Reaction Score
Extremely happy for him! It's the right I move and I strongly believe it was a 50-50 choice for him, especially since it looks like they figured out NIL compensation for him.

From a basketball standpoint for both him and the team, it's best for both parties IMO. Clingan needs those 30 mpg next year, and as many people dream about it, I just don't see both of them playing together as a viable option (see Arizona this year with their two bigs). His NIL was valued around ~$700K so he actually could be leaving (theoretic) money on the table but he'll be able to carve out a nice pro career with his skillset. Maybe a team like OKC will take a second round flier on him (let's hope they rely on their UConn roots!)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very happy for him, hopefully he gets a legitimate shot.

He's a clear example of someone who can excel in the right system. If he lands on a team that can put four shooters on the floor, he should be able to do pretty well offensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom