Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown's recruitiment part of investigation

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: For UConn men, ‘vibes’ good, results bad
According to Hearst Connecticut Media sources, the inquiry is looking at the recruitment of at least five such players. Again these are questions, not convictions, and each circumstance could have varying degrees of veracity.

According to multiple sources, Zach Brown’s recruitment is among those in the inquiry. The 7-foot Miami native, once ranked No. 35 nationally by ESPN in his class, de-committed from UConn in 2016 and signed with St. John’s. After one of his multiple arrests, St. John’s released Brown from his letter of intent early in 2017. Brown is currently in prison for violating parole.

Michael Lipman, Brown's former legal guardian, told Dave Borges of Hearst Connecticut Media the NCAA has not contacted him regarding Brown's recruitment by UConn. He told Borges that UConn's compliance office was diligent in making sure the school's recruitment of Brown was on the up-and-up. According to Lipman, the school determined former UConn player Boo Willingham's mentor-like relationship with Brown wasn’t a conflict of interest since that relationship had started when Brown was in sixth grade. Had it started when Brown was a seventh-grader or later, it could have been an issue.
Good God Jacobs is a dog on a bone with that vibes are good bulldung. I am so tired of reporting these days

Reaction Score
Both in work and in retirement I made a living and a great pastime from predicting or finding clues that give you the correct outcome.
I told I’m a very good genealogist because of this skill set.
Does anyone else see a connection to our old BiG East friend St John’s
A couple more facts and a root cause
analysis will scream St John’s revenge

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Zach Brown doesn't sound like a tourney ban to me. Next.

P.S. and yet, World Wide Wes's relationship with Kentucky and certain kids is clean. What a joke.
How about the photo of WWW and JayZ in the KY lockeroom after their NC. Agents in the locker room?

Reaction Score
Other than they don’t have any authority in those situations....
Pardon my confusion, but NCAA sanctioned PSU after their scandal. How are UNC, Baylor and MSU different?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Other than they don’t have any authority in those situations....

If we got punished for taking classes by the ncaa, how does the ncaa not punish unc for not taking classes?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now I do not like what is going on with Uconn. I even agree, F the NCAAA.

But persecution? Come on, a bit strong considering history.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or is spot on, considering the history.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we got punished for taking classes by the ncaa, how does the ncaa not punish unc for not taking classes?

I’m not a lawyer. That’s what the lawyers determined about UNC.

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or is spot on, considering the history.
So as a way to avoid proper dialouge you post an unrelated, overused, cliche meme that has nothing to do with what I said or addresses what I said? I suggest you look up groups of people, such as the Jew, who were truly "persecuted" in the past. Vendetta? Totally. Unfair targeting? Oh yah. Grudge? duh. Persecution? A basketball team? mmm, not so much. That is not "Conspiracy" (look that up too), that is fact.

EDIT: "Persecution is the systematic mistreatment individual or group by another individual or group. The most common forms are religious persecution, racism and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms. The inflicting of suffering, harassment, imprisonment, internment, fear, or pain are all factors that may establish persecution, but not all suffering will necessarily establish persecution. The suffering experienced by the victim must be sufficiently severe. The threshold level of severity has been a source of much debate."

But I am sure that thresehold does not include a basketball team..Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Plausible scenario: Boo greased the wheels with Zach's handlers, SJ found out about it after they got the commit but kept it under wraps. After the Sid Wilson situation played out, SJ no longer felt obligated to play nice and blew the whistle.

The question is: who are the other 2-4 recruits supposedly being investigated?

How much money could they give the rich guy who was his handler/guardian to attract him? Gee, I know you're independently very wealthy, but here's $5k to subvert the kid's interests.

Reaction Score
Willingham was Brown's AAU coach.

Which is a whole other basket of apples - but i'm kind of wondering if they're just being cased to make sure there's no quid pro quo going on here. Which is entirely reasonable. I mean UConn supposed to do? NOT recruit off teams coached by alums or something?

But nothing here - at least in this particular case (just Brown) - seems like it's anything serious. We'll see what else is out there.

Reaction Score
N.C.A.A. Questioned Its Authority in Penalizing Penn State

N.C.A.A. Decides to Roll Back Sanctions Against Penn State

They aren’t different PSU just allowed some before they fought back.

The NCAA admitted no legal ability to sanction UNC for their fake classes.

The NCAA screwed up the Penn State punishment badly. They could have given it the death penalty. Instead they loaded the punishment with a $60m fine payable to the NCAA. They were going to be challenged on that and lose that lawsuit on day 1. Hard to believe they even tried to do that in the first place.

As always they were greedy for money. And it blew up in their face.

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or is not used enough?
Go look up Persecution .

Here is a start. Persecution is the systematic mistreatment individual or group by another individual or group. The most common forms are religious persecution, racism and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms. The inflicting of suffering, harassment, imprisonment, internment, fear, or pain are all factors that may establish persecution, but not all suffering will necessarily establish persecution. The suffering experienced by the victim must be sufficiently severe. The threshold level of severity has been a source of much debate."

Next go look up Conspiracy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sometime I feel like reading JJ is almost like a conversation. In this case JJ writes a column and the BY discusses. JJ writes follow up based upon board discussion. I'm not complaining about it in the least, since it is like interactive media, but it also is good journalism. JJ has adapted over the years. He uses the BY to the betterment of his work. Kudos to him.

And can you imagine the content for the casual fan?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The NCAA screwed up the Penn State punishment badly. They could have given it the death penalty. Instead they loaded the punishment with a $60m fine payable to the NCAA. They were going to be challenged on that and lose that lawsuit on day 1. Hard to believe they even tried to do that in the first place.

As always they were greedy for money. And it blew up in their face.

The money was supposed to go to a national survivor program. Isn’t that why PA sued to keep it in a PA program?

Reaction Score
So as a way to avoid proper dialouge you post an unrelated, overused, cliche meme that has nothing to do with what I said or addresses what I said? I suggest you look up groups of people, such as the Jew, who were truly "persecuted" in the past. Vendetta? Totally. Unfair targeting? Oh yah. Grudge? duh. Persecution? A basketball team? mmm, not so much. That is not "Conspiracy" (look that up too), that is fact.

EDIT: "Persecution is the systematic mistreatment individual or group by another individual or group. The most common forms are religious persecution, racism and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms. The inflicting of suffering, harassment, imprisonment, internment, fear, or pain are all factors that may establish persecution, but not all suffering will necessarily establish persecution. The suffering experienced by the victim must be sufficiently severe. The threshold level of severity has been a source of much debate."

But I am sure that thresehold does not include a basketball team..Just sayin.

This is seriously your argument, that you don't think the NCAA's treatment of UConn maps to whatever literal definition of the word "persecution" you dug up online? Good lord this place sucks these days. I mean, this is just arguing for the sake of being a . If you were around when the NCAA was ex post facto-ing the hell out of UConn you wouldn't be picking this almost comically stupid hill to die on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Emmert survives the MSU scandal AD Dave should hire away one of Emmert's underlings. Bring someone he likes into the athletic department. If you think this is a long standing vendetta against UConn then we should make it hard for him to continue to hate us. We have enough wasted salaries as it is in this incompetent athletic department, what's one more if it will give us some immunity moving forwards? play the game

Problem: Emmert doesn't actually like anybody. He has not friends. He's a slimy, worm-like, perfidious little twa t.

Better to pay one of his underlings, who surely despises that @ssbag, to spill the inside beans on all his dastardly, duplicitous dealings.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
And how exactly do you want the NCAA to do that?

Well they could start by coercing him to rat out a bunch of people that may have broken their archaic rule system. That would probably help with the rehabilitation process.

C

Chief00

So you’re saying St. John’s saw the Sid appeal as an act by our Athletics Dept that put their program in the NCAA’s crosshairs. So they retaliated by filing a complaint against us?

Even though fake classes are ok per the NCAA it’s not something a university likes having highlighted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom