Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Ooph, check your sarcasm meter guys.
There really needs to be a sarcastic font...when in doubt just assume that I am being sarcastic though

We aren't doomed but I'm actually legit concerned that Brown's chances of actually being a part of the team at any point in time is looking bleak. KO and staff can't be all too pleased with this

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There really needs to be a sarcastic font...when in doubt just assume that I am being sarcastic though

We aren't doomed but I'm actually legit concerned that Brown's chances of actually being a part of the team at any point in time is looking bleak. KO and staff can't be all too pleased with this
:cool::cool:;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm not too pleased either. Too much smoke with this kid. Get it together and be welcomed to the team. But we can't chase trouble. I realize this could all be minor. But it is time to stay away from altercations, stop switching schools and deal with what is in front of you.

Reaction Score
I heard that Brown fought Diarra and Hamidou which led to him getting kicked out, which will lead to Diarra de-committing, which will lead to Hamidou never committing, which will lead to ruining any relationship we have built with PSA and which will almost certainly lead to Brown never stepping foot on UConn's campus again.

First reported by Chris Mortensen.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not reclassifying, per Borges. Good thing if you ask me. Front court will be plenty crowded with Enoch, Brimah, Facey, Diarra, and possibly Durham next season.

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting closely - why do you say "possibly" Durham? As in he may not be here next year or he may not be good enough/ready enough to get minutes next year? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not reclassifying, per Borges. Good thing if you ask me. Front court will be plenty crowded with Enoch, Brimah, Facey, Diarra, and possibly Durham next season.
Would have made it much more possible and likely that Durham would redshirt, which would have benefited both the player and the team. As I think we've seen this year, our team could use an extra skilled big man or two. Good to see that Brown seems to have his head back on his shoulders though.

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting closely - why do you say "possibly" Durham? As in he may not be here next year or he may not be good enough/ready enough to get minutes next year? Thanks.
Just that it may be in the best interest for all parties if he redshirts next year to continue rehabbing his knee. We don't want him to come not 100% and waste a year of eligibility. But he's 100% UConn.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

It depends on how he recovers from his torn ACL. I would assume there's a chance he may redshirt if he hasn't progressed enough.

Reaction Score
Ah, had no idea he tore his ACL. That blows. Thanks for the info.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I suspect Jackson will play a lot of minutes as a stretch 4 as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ah, had no idea he tore his ACL. That blows. Thanks for the info.
He tore BOTH ACL's

I know nothing (kinda redundant having to say that) , but I would put the odds on redshirting at 75%. It just makes sense for all parties involved.

Reaction Score
I don't think Durham is projected to be able to return to the court until September. Since he will have been out of the game for close to a year and a half, and be on two untested knees there is probably a good chance he redshirts.

Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2016/02/zach-brown-back-at-miami-beach-high.html

After a whirlwind past few weeks that saw him commit to UConn, transfer from Miami High to Putnam Science Academy, then leave school to return to his Miami home, Zach Brown is back at his original school: Miami Beach High.

Brown played there for coach Jacob Shaw his first two years of high school before transferring to Miami High this past year, then PSA a few weeks ago.

“We’re happy to have him back in our program," said Shaw. "It’s not just me, it’s my whole coaching staff, the principal, the administration, our goal is to make sure Zach’s in the right mind, playing good basketball. This is something Zach wanted. Everything is all about what he wants right now. He’s ready to get back and have some fun in a positive way."

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Bump

Any updates on this kid? What happened with the whole dismissal thing at PSA? Is he still on track to come play for UConn?

Reaction Score
He recently played in the AAU Easter Classic in Florida this past weekend for the team Balkman Elite, not sure if thats who he will playing with during the summer or if hes staying with Nike South Beach.

He's still commited and hes back on the court which are some positives.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

UConnStats, those are some stats.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's getting points with actual skills, not just because of his size, right? Context: I haven't watched the kid play 1 minute of ball.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99