YTTV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

YTTV

Reaction Score
I saved about $1000 in a little less than a year and haven't missed any event I've wanted to watch
I'm glad it's worked for both of you. Obviously it must for many people since so many people are cutting the cord. But I'm going to wait until the streaming services have a better product. I'm sure it will come very soon.

Reaction Score
Reading this thread make me so happy I have stuck with Verizon FIOS and not tried cutting the cord. Do I pay more than one of the streaming services? Certainly. But I don't have to worry about whether I can watch any sporting event I want. And if for some reason there's ever a sporting event I want to watch that I don't have, then I can order an extra package and then cancel it later. None of this, "Oh my streaming service doesn't even have that channel even if I wanted it."

Cut the cord? Cut this! :)
For me it had/has nothing to do with money. I could no longer take the absolutely horrid customer service that Comcast has. And the box always had errors occurring.
I don’t mind searching around for better apps. I’ve got YouTube TV now and sort of enjoy looking at other solutions. I don’t have any contracts and can always try something new for free if it’s interesting. I don’t feel chained to and supportive of an awful company any longer. It’s liberating.

Reaction Score
For me it had/has nothing to do with money. I could no longer take the absolutely horrid customer service that Comcast has. And the box always had errors occurring.
I don’t mind searching around for better apps. I’ve got YouTube TV now and sort of enjoy looking at other solutions. I don’t have any contracts and can always try something new for free if it’s interesting. I don’t feel chained to and supportive of an awful company any longer. It’s liberating.
Bingo. It was a happy day when I told Comcast shove it but I still need them for internet which they rape me for at $80 a month.

Reaction Score
I'm glad it's worked for both of you. Obviously it must for many people since so many people are cutting the cord. But I'm going to wait until the streaming services have a better product. I'm sure it will come very soon.
Just an fyi, I actually like the product better. I was a little nervous when I did the math and saw I'd only save like $40 per month. That adds up, but it wasn't life changing.

The best feature has been the freedom to watch on any device, anywhere. Paying for ugly fios boxes bugged me. I had firesticks for my streaming services already, but didn't get boxes for a few of my tvs. Now I have access to YTTV on all the devices, my ipad, etc. I bring the firestick with me when I travel so I don't have to deal with the hotel television stations and can rewind stuff. No regrets.

Reaction Score
Bingo. It was a happy day when I told Comcast shove it but I still need them for internet which they rape me for at $80 a month.
Yes, we still have to pay for internet. But I don’t have a choice there so there’s nothing I can do to change it. If something comes up I’ll listen but my real problems were with Comcast cable and not the internet connection. I’ve never missed a game and like others have said; the product is better. If UConn games suddenly change to something new I can get a trial or subscription to any channel in less than 1 minute. Can’t do that with cable. I’ve been off cable for 6 months now and will never go back.

Reaction Score
I feel ya. I'm so happy our local electric co-op utility started a fiber internet arm and they started to put down lines in my neighborhood last week. Can't wait to get off Comcast completely for good. It'll be like $60 for 1Gbps symmetrical.

Reaction Score
If this happens I think I’ll drop YTTV and get Fubo They’ve got everything and everyone that has Fubo seems to like it. For $69 you get 4k, all house, 3 screens outside and 1000 hrs of dvr. Anyone got any reasons to stay away from it?
I currently have Fubo after dropping YouTube tv when they dropped NESN but I recently learned of a much less expensive streaming service - CMCtv (CutMyCable tv). $30/mo for 2 devices, 6000+ channels. I just ordered a fire cube because it doesn't work with Roku.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reading this thread make me so happy I have stuck with Verizon FIOS and not tried cutting the cord. Do I pay more than one of the streaming services? Certainly. But I don't have to worry about whether I can watch any sporting event I want. And if for some reason there's ever a sporting event I want to watch that I don't have, then I can order an extra package and then cancel it later. None of this, "Oh my streaming service doesn't even have that channel even if I wanted it."

Cut the cord? Cut this! :)
Isn’t Fios just there internet service? I have Fios but not the cable offerings.

Reaction Score
I was paying around $340 for Cox cable with HBO and Showtime, with internet. We had Disney+ and Netflix anyway for stuff the kids wanted to watch.

With YTTV, for the same package minus NESN and a handful of channels I didn't watch anyway, I'm paying roughly $230. Cox is crazy expensive even compared to other cable companies.

I'm nearly certain that the ESPN thing will resolve itself. If it doesn't, I'll live.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Verizon Fios, also marketed as Fios by Verizon, is a bundled Internet access, telephone, and television service that operates over a fiber-optic communications network with over 5 million customers in nine U.S. states.

This is the FIOS Gigabyte internet only plan that I have:
8D6EDFB6-1BCD-4D1F-AE21-A6C4E373A8FE.jpeg

I’m guessing that any of their fiber optic products are marketed under the Fios brand. For what it’s worth, it is everything I need it to do including having four people in the house stream movies or life shows at the same time without any apparent band with issues.

Reaction Score
Just got notice that their distribution rights with Disney expire on the 17th.
Goodbye ESPN, E2, + and the other Disney channels. If terminated, they’ll lower your monthly rate by $15.
Adios
At least they have the decency to drop the price unlike scumbag cable providers. Yeah, im looking at you cox.

Reaction Score
I was paying around $340 for Cox cable with HBO and Showtime, with internet. We had Disney+ and Netflix anyway for stuff the kids wanted to watch.

With YTTV, for the same package minus NESN and a handful of channels I didn't watch anyway, I'm paying roughly $230. Cox is crazy expensive even compared to other cable companies.

I'm nearly certain that the ESPN thing will resolve itself. If it doesn't, I'll live.
That’s an extraordinary amount for internet, cable and add ons. I’m in shock.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can't imagine it lasts long. YT would like a lot of viewers without ABC Disney ESPN etc. If they want to stay in the space they will have to make something work

Reaction Score
Have to agree with @KembaStepback, it shouldn't last long but at the same time just cancelled YT TV and signed up with HULU Live TV, from previous account I had with them...and with a 7 trial offer. If YT TV and Disney kiss and make up within this coming week will cancel HULU TV.

On cancelling YT TV asked for reason of cancelling, first question was whether the missing Disney channels. I proceeded to click on that radio button as reason.

For me it's all about the ESPN channels, similar reason I did not go with FUBO TV up until they finally added the ESPN channels. I can't see YT TV holding out too long without the ESPN's family of channels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom