Your predictions for the season | The Boneyard

Your predictions for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I would hope there could be a win against over of the ACC teams to get to 8-4, but I'm not sure that's realistic. Barring that, I'll take 6-6 with no blowout or shutout losses (and losses <= 10 points)...really though, I want 8 wins and to beat Puke.

Reaction Score
I think that’s a reasonable expectation for this year. I think .500 is very doable so 7-5 is not out of reach. A lot depends on the new QB.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With this schedule and with the players Mora has this season I think 8-4
The portal adds and the offense ticking way up should be a key for that. Can't stay at 117th and 121st in points scored like the last 2 years and expect much improvement in the W-L's. Despite playing 9 teams that had losing records last year (below, but so did Uconn).
Mora hasn't said much for a long time but his talk this past week regarding Evers and the "WR room", gives me hope...Head bang ...
that the O could finally feature more than sideline tosses and bubble screens ( + more points ?) in the passing game !

1722615869371.jpeg

Reaction Score

3-9 with a win at UMass to put JM on the hot seat officially. Not quite "out" unless there's a mass exodus of talent he worked so hard to get and he decides he's personally done and packs up for Idaho. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 again in 2025, then it's over for this JM era.

Reaction Score
If we had Maryland at home to start the season I would potentially put them on upset alert as week 1 is usually when the weaker teams on paper can beat the better teams. Seeing how we have never been a good road team even during the RE1 prime years. Maryland and Duke will likely be in the L column. After that we need to go on a nice streak with our home schedule If we can steal a victory from either Wake Forest or Syracuse we will be in good position. The string of Rice-Georgia State-UAB will be a good indicator of our season. Go 3-0 or 2 of 3 and we should be in good shape.

Reaction Score
6-6, maybe 7-5 assuming the new QB develops quickly and we can play the (gulp) 3-3-5 a lot more effectively than under Edsall/Crocker, which we should.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The nightmare ends now!

A few kids step in on the offensive line, the transfers at WR end up better than advertised and we develop Evers into the QB Oklahoma was expecting when they recruited him out of high school. Our defense kicks it up to a level we haven't seen in more than a decade and steamroll everyone in our path once the calendar turns to September.

08/31 - at Maryland - Tossup
09/07 – Merrimack - Win
09/14 - at Duke - Win
09/21 - Florida Atlantic - Win
09/28 - Buffalo - Win
10/05 - Temple - Win
10/19 - Wake Forest - Win
10/26 - Rice - Win
11/01 - Georgia State - Win (payback)
11/09 - at UAB - Win
11/23 - at Syracuse - Win
11/30 - at UMass - Win

As Maryland and Wake end up with their respective conference’s automatic bid to the new playoff, the committee ends up with no choice but to give us an at-large bid.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The nightmare ends now!
Does that mean you wont' have ten times more food than we can eat at your tailgate? At large bid? I thought you stopped smoking crack years ago ;):p

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does that mean you wont' have ten times more food than we can eat at your tailgate? At large bid? I thought you stopped smoking crack years ago ;):p
There will always be more than enough food. I grew up in an Italian home, that's all I know.

Never was really into anything harder than alcohol. Was very good at putting that away when I was younger however.

Reaction Score
I broke this down in another thread, but here's my analysis of our schedule. It's hard to gauge how good a team will be because of the portal but here we go:

1. MUST WINS (5): Merrimack, Buffalo, Temple, Rice, UMass. These are teams we should definitely beat, because they're not good. It would be a giant disappointment if we don't beat all of these teams.

2. EXPECTED WINS (2): FAU, UAB. These are teams we can beat if we are much improved from last year, which I believe (and hope) we are. It would be disappointing to lose these, but not horribly embarrassing like the MUST WINS.

3. LEGITIMATE SHOTS (2): Wake, Ga State. I think we can beat these two teams, but I'm not expecting it.

4. LONGSHOTS (3): Maryland, Duke, Syracuse. These are Ls. None of these are like Tennessee last year or Michigan the year before, so I don't quite give these a zero chance. If we have a magical season, and they have bad games, maybe, just maybe we can pick one of these off, but it's a fool's bet.

Therefore:
7 wins is a successful season to me.
8-9 wins and we've made real progress as a program.
10+ wins and we should pinch ourselves.
But...
5-6 wins is mildly disappointing.
<5 wins is a disaster.

Now my predictions:

08/31 - at Maryland - L
09/07 – Merrimack - W
09/14 - at Duke - L
09/21 - Florida Atlantic - W
09/28 - Buffalo - W
10/05 - Temple - W
10/19 - Wake Forest - W
10/26 - Rice - W
11/01 - Georgia State - L
11/09 - at UAB - W
11/23 - at Syracuse - L
11/30 - at UMass - W

We will go 8-4. Pretty good.

Reaction Score

3-9 with a win at UMass to put JM on the hot seat officially. Not quite "out" unless there's a mass exodus of talent he worked so hard to get and he decides he's personally done and packs up for Idaho. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 again in 2025, then it's over for this JM era.

Yikes! That's a depressing take. :(

Reaction Score
The portal adds and the offense ticking way up should be a key for that. Can't stay at 117th and 121st in points scored like the last 2 years and expect much improvement in the W-L's. Despite playing 9 teams that had losing records last year (below, but so did Uconn).
Mora hasn't said much for a long time but his talk this past week regarding Evers and the "WR room", gives me hope...Head bang ...
that the O could finally feature more than sideline tosses and bubble screens ( + more points ?) in the passing game !

View attachment 102667
All the games we need to have at home ARE at home. It’s very possible we go undefeated at home. A win on the road other than UMass is gravy.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Yikes! That's a depressing take. :(
It's the result of a decade of mediocrity and regression during last season. It's also not beyond the realm of possibility given the bad luck and performance we've seen. So to achieve the Captain Obvious award, the only way to mitigate having only 3 wins is to get 4 wins and then go win some more. Despite last year's record, there were some close games. I'm cautiously optimistic this year. If they can hang with Maryland and move the ball using both facets of the offense (and NOT lose the starting QB due to injury), I think we'll be in for a treat.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
It should be 5 or 6 wins. I’ll say 6.

4 would be disappointing. 7 would be amazing.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I’m an optimist, but this thread needs to be reeled in a bit. The sports books have us at 4.5 wins this season. The way you guys are talking, I could bet the house on the over and make back all the money I’ve lost betting on this team in the past!

Reaction Score
Realistically I see us with 5 in the win column. Maybe we go 6-6 and win a bowl game.

If we won 7 and went to a bowl and won I'd be ecstatic at this point.

Reaction Score
A really good quarterback can make a huge difference. James Madison had a top flight guy last year who is at a P4 now. Liberty had a guy who got drafted the year they went unbeaten. I don’t expect us to go 12-0 but if Evers is a top notch guy we could win 8-9. We’ll probably be over matched against 4 P4 teams in terms of talent but especially depth. Basically our backups <theirs. But maybe we steal one. But that largely depends on the quality of the quarterback.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
5-7, but if Syracuse has another meltdown we could stun them. UAB is not a winnable game, they will kill us, and Rice is a tossup at best. FAU and GAST will be tough but maybe we spring a minor home upset.

We will show enough improvement to feel good about 2025, but until proven otherwise we have no QB. A shame - we have legitimate weapons on offense.

Reaction Score
Last year the loss to Georgia State was the end of the season.
I think this year its game 1. We cant get embarassed. They are a middle of the road B1G school.
we need to be in the game at halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds