OT: - Your Favorite Instrumentals | The Boneyard

OT: Your Favorite Instrumentals

Reaction Score
I have a number of them, but I'll kick it off with Brian Auger's Oblivion Express doing the Wes Montgomery classic:

Reaction Score
I wanted to post Norwegian Wood by the Beatles only to find out it isn't an instrumental - my first and most memorable recollection of the song is from when I wandered in to a rehearsal of the La Tech stage band and Norwegian Wood is what was being rehearsed as an instrumental. With a lead flute for the melody it was a strikingly beautiful performance....

oh well here is a bonafide instrumental from Help! album

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Count Basie - "The Kid from Red Bank."

Glenn Miller - "In the Mood" and "Moonlight Serenade."

Buddy Rich - "Channel One Suite."

Duke Ellington - "Take the A Train", "Satin Doll"

Maynard Ferguson - "MacArthur Park", "Birdland" and "Gospel John."

I know some will go "how old is he?" Well I'm retired and I play in a big band as lead trumpet. Started playing in jazz bands in high school and haven't really stopped. Also taught jazz band for 30+ years in the public schools. Once you start you just can't stop!

I've played all these songs and many, any more. My list could easily hit 100 numbers. As an instrumentalist, it doesn't get any better than this!

Reaction Score
This version of "San Lorenzo" by the Pat Metheny group is from a release-to-radio-stations only EP, it has to still be the best version of it I've ever heard:

Reaction Score
This John Klemmer song, along with the Pat Metheny tune I posted earlier, have to be the two most beautiful instrumentals I have heard in my lifetime:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom