You guys rock!!! | The Boneyard

You guys rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
When I started asking for how much you would donate to a cool gift, I had no idea what I was getting into or where it would lead.

Major props to Deepster for coming up with the idea that we should plan some kind of tribute to Coach Calhoun and other sacrifices he had to make during the journey.

Also major props to John who is our liaison with the foundation. He has been a great partner in helping us set up an easy to use secure way to donate funds. We would never have been able to do this without his help. He also found a great idea to donate toward - we'll just call it the Boneyard Life Saving Pump of Destiny. You would know him as UConnFound.

When we set a target of $25,000, I thought I was going to be stuck grinding people into the New Year. Less than two weeks later, you got us to our target and beyond. As I type, we're at $26,240. We've grown $1,240 just today after meeting our target.

I've tried to respond to each of you individually via 'conversation' to thank you and I hope you realize I am very sincere in my thanks. I know I have missed people who responded directly in the threads. I want you to know that even though I didn't respond directly, I've made sure to add you to the Donor thread and I equally appreciate your donations. If I haven't added you, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to add your name.

This has been an amazing experience for me. There have been really large donors that have pushed us along, but I've read so many PMs from people who are in school or with spouses out of work, or kids who have just a little from chores who have managed to donate funds that are rather significant to them just because of what JC has meant to them. That's what this is all about. We, as a very bizarre group, want to honor a man that has meant so much to us.

I can't tell you how cool you are. Great Job!

Reaction Score
WELL stated jleves......"cool" is the word.

As I said Deep and I had a discussion about how truly unbelievable the same people on the BY, who we hammer with back and forth over the years in the cyber world, could come through so glowingly at a time like this. It is remarkable, and when he and I talked earlier this week we were at 17K plus. I, like you jleves, thought maybe we would hover around the 20's for a while or at least a couple weeks. Little did we know how quickly we could get to the goal.......again WOW........and a special thanks to you for reaching out to all of us!!

Amazing stuff everyone, proud to be a Jim Calhoun Fan and a donated to his and Pat's special cause!!

Reaction Score
Happy to help make your vision of the BLSPoD a reality. As we said to Fishy on the phone last night, on many general levels, our daily work is to help match up a donor's philanthropic vision with the University's needs, and this was a textbook example of how teamwork happens toward that end. You guys did all the heavy lifting. Thank you again. As the people who gave online saw, after you gave, we offered a chance to tell us WHY, via an online survey. We got a note from someone who apologized that their donation "is so little." There is no such thing as a "little" donation, and everyone here showed that. Collectively, you moved a mountain.

Back in September, when we asked the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center what the priorities would be with a theoretical donation from this group in the region of $25,000, the very first preference was supporting a cardiopulmonary bypass pump. That it happened in 10 days is pretty remarkable. Thank you again.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
- we'll just call it the Boneyard Life Saving Pump of Destiny.

I think we have it in us for a double pump!

The man gave us three national titles. The least we can do is get him two pumps of destiny.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well said jleves and thanks to you, Deep and John for making it so easy for us to donate. Great idea and thank you Coach Calhoun for all the years of joy you gave us fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom