Yo! Vacation pictures | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yo! Vacation pictures

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
If you've never been to the Alsace in France, you're missing a lot... A marriage of French and German in everything... This is from last fall at the time of their grape harvest.
DSC_2522 (2).JPG

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Lastly dinner in Strasbourg
DSCF5093 (2).JPG
with dear friends with a precocious daughter...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pictures not so likely - but
- The St. Louis Arch, The St. Louis Zoo, the glass art of Craig Mitchell Smith at the Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Taliesin, the home of Frank Lloyd Wright in Wisconsin
- now in Vermont - Lighthouse Cruise on Lake Sunapee, NH tomorrow
- will be in NJ for 5 days, bury my Mom's ashes and not sure what we will be seeing.
- return to Pittsburgh to see a glass art show at the Phipps Conservatory - we were in Pittsburgh over the weekend, but the wife was ill, as is common.

Plus lots of friends and family at various places. A month all told.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Pennecamp is a great dive when the weather is right, but be sure to put Key West on your dive bucket list for future visits. The reef north and south of Sand Key is awesome as is the reef around Calder Light.
I'd love to haul butt and get to Key West - just not enough time. Was down there to bird the Dry Tortugas (pre-diving). Will settle for my first Florida dive and go from there :)

Reaction Score
I just spent a week in LA stuck in traffic for most of the trip if that counts?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Nan...your photos are awesome...I went to the same places and took pictures but yours...are something else. What kind of camera did you shoot them on?

Reaction Score
no pictures of being stuck in traffic?

No - but the Maserati Bora revving his engine to creep forward six inches at a time for a few miles sure made me pine for a boom mike and a small reel to reel deck.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan...your photos are awesome...I went to the same places and took pictures but yours...are something else. What kind of camera did you shoot them on?
iPhone 6. M kids have Samsungs and the pictures are even better.

The canal in Milan.

IMG_0448.JPG

CTyankee

Reaction Score
My kids hated the food in Strasbourg. I had some awful potato sour cream dish as well.

Ahhh, but if you are with some locals, and married to a girl from just across the border, you have a much better chance of a decent meal.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Did you get to see Pulisic play?

I was with my wife's cousin, avid fan, who procured premium seats complete with unlimited food and drink before, during and after... I can't remember who played.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was with my wife's cousin, avid fan, who procured premium seats complete with unlimited food and drink before, during and after... I can't remember who played.
Pulisic is the young, new American "phenom". #22 for Dortmund. Sounds like you had a great time.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Ahhh, but if you are with some locals, and married to a girl from just across the border, you have a much better chance of a decent meal.
I needed a local. My wife's family is actually from right across the border (in Luxembourg) but no current relatives are around. I'm sure the meals were fine, just not what any of us were used to!

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Pulisic is the young, new American "phenom". #22 for Dortmund. Sounds like you had a great time.

Yes, I know who he is but he wasn't the star of the show... Match was against SC Freiburg. Aubameyang and Dembele were outstanding that night. 80,000 in attendance...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom