Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture.

Reaction Score
If he wants to make a splash and make some headlines in the off season, fire Crocker and reach out to Pasqualoni as DC.

52A18FC5-EFC8-4774-B8D6-DDC718DEC151.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't he lose like all his starters on defense at the end of last season? Building a depth chart will take time.
Why do you pretend the UMass game didn't happen? Like how that Navy game exposed Diaco, the UMass game exposed HCRE 2.0. JimDish is right, his incompetent game managing has lost the team. Has nothing to do with the depth chart.

Reaction Score
He's hasn't been here two years, inherited a disaster, has been forced to play true freshman all over the place, and you're ready to fire him and his staff? I don't like the way he's running things either, but I'm willing to give him another two years. This is FBS football not five kids running up and down a basketball court.
Edsall is the disaster. P and Diaco fielded more competitive teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Randy spent all week talking about how unimportant winning was and then is shocked the kids stop competing.

This was always my issue with him- its a false unearned arrogance that fails to realize that his words have consequences.
Unearned arrogance is well said. These players aren't stupid, they recognize it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Hear what you and others are saying, but if the guy who built a decent program from nothing beginning in the late 90's, and inherited a disaster from 18th hole red pants, is fired after only three years, then no coach in his right mind would take this job. If he wants to make a splash and make some headlines in the off season, fire Crocker and reach out to Pasqualoni as DC. Another worry is he can play Krajewski or at the very least can get him in the game to give Pindell a rest, without burning a redshirt. Yet he hasn't done it. Plus I wonder if putting Krajewski in the game would not give the offense (from a passing perspective) a shot in the arm like Bryant did last season when he came in for Pindell.
PP? Oh no, you didn't.

C

Chief00

How do these other AAC schools hire young coaches who become stars, who then go to big time programs?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy deserves many arrows for the UMass game and many other problems but he’s going to successfully make the argument that he gets next year to see what he can do with a new QB and another off season of S&C.

C

Chief00

Randy deserves many arrows for the UMass game and many other problems but he’s going to successfully make the argument that he gets next year to see what he can do with a new QB and another off season of S&C.
His new QBs - one is suspended and the other he won’t play despite the 4 games doesn’t burn a redshirt rule. How’s that looking?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
His new QBs - one is suspended and the other he won’t play despite the 4 games doesn’t burn a redshirt rule. How’s that looking?
Might have more to do with that porous O line than Krajewski. Passing lanes are few and narrow.

Reaction Score
So basically you are saying - if Dave had hired Lashlee as the head coach - we would be sitting in a better place today?
No I'm saying we don't have that smart an AD

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How do these other AAC schools hire young coaches who become stars, who then go to big time programs?
Superior local talent. Which AAC program is out performing it’s native talent level?

C

Chief00

Superior local talent. Which AAC program is out performing it’s native talent level?
Just like robbing - banks get robbed cuz that’s where the money is - the same with recruiting - recruit where the players are.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No I'm saying we don't have that smart an AD
Not sure how fair this is, almost everybody loved this hire. It was "brilliant", the best coach we could get for the money. The way they all slurped up that introductory press conference was nauseating.

Reaction Score
Not sure how fair this is, almost everybody loved this hire. It was "brilliant", the best coach we could get for the money. The way they all slurped up that introductory press conference was nauseating.
It was a safe/cheap hire. Not looking good now

Reaction Score
It was a safe/cheap hire. Not looking good now
It was safe and comfort hire. I know he will change things up. It’s just when will that happen. Hopefully we see some good headlines this off season. This team is lacking talent but freshman that we have doesn’t surprise me. One thing that these kids need is a wake up call. Randy has to stop being nice and be the ass he was his first time. I like the jones kids and darrien beavers at DE is great. Can’t wait for Dillon Harris to come in. We just need players that can play on and stop hanging their heads. Some of these kids never experienced a losing season and they just need to get pissed off and come back next year with a chip on their shoulders. We always look good from the start but fade the rest of the games.

Reaction Score
Ironic that all of the talk on the BB board is about the culture Hurley is building and here apparently culture is overrated.

Reaction Score
Might have more to do with that porous O line than Krajewski. Passing lanes are few and narrow.

OL isn't great but at least ok. Need to pass and make opponents guard the whole field. One on one man by opponents on outside and TE's that only go toward sidelines does not stretch the defense. Other teams seem to be able to spread out defenses and run pass routes to get open which also opens the running game, but not UConn. Pindell's passes all float and take forever to get to receiver. With him at QB there is no terror in the hearts of UConn's opponent's DB's or even LB's when they are in coverage.
I'm figuring rather than Krajewski having problem with porous offensive line the question will be why didn't HCRE2.0 put him in earlier in the season. Pindell is a better runner than most QB's, I tried to name one QB on a team we played that has a worse passer as starting QB and couldn't; I then tried to name any team in FBS football that has a worse passer at QB in the games I watched (and I watched a lot) and couldn't.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Had to expect that the chirps would be getting louder about HCRE after this turd yesterday... My biggest concern with 1.0 was the play not to lose on offense and bend but don't break mentality on defense. Both on full exhibit yesterday with 6 pass plays and a defense that was stout in the first half and then made some adjustments which seemed to have given UMASS a 1st round draft pick in Isabella (sp?).

At this point though, I just don't see any path right now except to see if Edsall can get this thing out of reverse. I'm as frustrated as anyone on this board watching the demise of Uconn Football the past 6 years. Getting rid of Edsall right now would only put football deeper in the hole.

Edsall's plan is to rebuild the program from the bottom up and basically start over with the players and coaches. Doing that essentially added 1-2 years of rebuilding. It is clear that any wins this season are a complete fluke. It's also clear that next year isn't likely to be a bowl season.

Realistic expectations need to be made and the fans have to realize that those expectations are reality. There isn't a win left on this season. So when the team loses, take it for what it's worth. Young players getting serious playing time and hopefully building for the next 2-3 seasons. If the team wins one more game this season, pure gravy.

Next year, I really don't expect much either at this point. I would start at 2-3 wins tops. Those calling for 6 wins or a bowl appearance are setting themselves up for misery. I just don't see it.

Right now, the ship is in drydock, the propellers are off, and the engines are flooded with saltwater. But hopefully with some consistency for a change and with Edsall's ability to develop talent this ship is ready to leave port for the 2020 season.
We're gonna need a bigger boat...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That has been the Randy Edsall we have all known - even during his first tour of duty. Save for Dan O and Lashee (who let Shariffs actually throw the ball like he was trying to win a game), Randy has never had good passers, or more correctly never let his QBs try to be be become good passers.
LOL it's all about the passing

hahahaha

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ironic that all of the talk on the BB board is about the culture Hurley is building and here apparently culture is overrated.
You can see the culture Hurley is trying to build for the BB team after only one game. HCRE has been here a year and a half and his talk of culture is just talk. It's certainly not a winning-focused culture. More like a culture of excuse making and blame shifting.

Reaction Score
Culture matters if you are winning, period. We have 1 game under Hurley. I think he was a great hire, but I am not ready to put him up on wall of honor. At this stage of KO's tenure, there were folks screaming about him not getting a LT deal from the AD and how his we take the stairs culture was perfect. These things are a process.

I may be the last of the Mohicans, but I have faith in HCRE. He can't make 3-4 roster moves, bring in a grad transfer and solve all of his problems. It's obvious he took a look at what he inherited, shook his head, and set off to completely dismantle the thing. We have had a decade of curmudgeons, guys who looked cool in short sleeve shirts, and fast talking car salesmen systematically destroy the program. This is going to be painful, but there is no turning back, IMO. And in 2 years when they are bowl bound, we will talk about the culture differently than we do now. Not because the culture will have changed, but because they will be winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom