Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think Randy is going to have his hands full convincing any player worth his snuff to come back next year. Talking about “no one’s spot is gauranteed for a 5th year.” Not like we’re going to have 5* (or 3*) kids banging down the door. What does he think his team will look like if we scares off all his veterans? Another squad of true freshmen?

Reaction Score
He's an average coach with no passing threat right now, and he knows it.
An average coach is around .500 with 60 of the 130 teams going to a bowl game. The average coach flirts with 4, 5 and 6 win seasons. I’d say RE 1.0 was slightly better than average given what he built... but then burnt it down chasing his “dream job”. RE 2.0 is simply Terp RE, sans great resources, recruiting ground and conference.

In retrospect, maybe the question should have been if he couldn’t do it in Maryland why would he be able to do it in Storrs with less of everything.

Reaction Score
He's an average coach with no passing threat right now, and he knows it.

That has been the Randy Edsall we have all known - even during his first tour of duty. Save for Dan O and Lashee (who let Shariffs actually throw the ball like he was trying to win a game), Randy has never had good passers, or more correctly never let his QBs try to be be become good passers.

Reaction Score
An average coach is around .500 with 60 of the 130 teams going to a bowl game. The average coach flirts with 4, 5 and 6 win seasons. I’d say RE 1.0 was slightly better than average given what he built... but then burnt it down chasing his “dream job”. RE 2.0 is simply Terp RE, sans great resources, recruiting ground and conference.

In retrospect, maybe the question should have been if he couldn’t do it in Maryland why would he be able to do it in Storrs with less of everything.
Entire reason for getting a HCRE retread was that he was cheap and wasn’t going anywhere else. With a 1-11 record , HCRE isn’t going anywhere and we have him for the rest of our natural lives..

Reaction Score
Entire reason for getting a HCRE retread was that he was cheap and wasn’t going anywhere else. With a 1-11 record , HCRE isn’t going anywhere and we have him for the rest of our natural lives..

Yes, but our culture is better.

Reaction Score
Every kid who is looking for any semblance of football success will be transfering at the end of this season, most likely to an FCS team...
Why would they stay?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Every kid who is looking for any semblance of football success will be transfering at the end of this season, most likely to an FCS team...
Why would they stay?

Nice try.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well thought out reply. Care to make a bet that we have a disproportionate # of transfers after this year vs other years?

That's a ridiculous notion on your part.

Reaction Score
If you say so. Let’s see what really happens after we end up 1-11.

Reaction Score
Why would they stay?

Maybe some have more loyalty than some UConn fans (and Boneyard critics) do? Also maybe some might still want a degree from a great school?

Reaction Score
That has been the Randy Edsall we have all known - even during his first tour of duty. Save for Dan O and Lashee (who let Shariffs actually throw the ball like he was trying to win a game), Randy has never had good passers, or more correctly never let his QBs try to be be become good passers.
Mike Nebrich turned out to be a pretty good passer, and Edsall recruited him. I thought Zach Frazier was a good passer as well. When Bryant took over for Pindell last season you think Edsall had nothing to do with that? What about Krajewski, Edsall had no part in recruiting him? I don't like his play calling anymore than you do, but come on.

Reaction Score
Mike Nebrich turned out to be a pretty good passer, and Edsall recruited him. I thought Zach Frazier was a good passer as well. When Bryant took over for Pindell last season you think Edsall had nothing to do with that? What about Krajewski, Edsall had no part in recruiting him? I don't like his play calling anymore than you do, but come on.
Anybody defending this collection of losers and retreads needs their head checked. Randy has lost all credibility. His window to get buy in closed after UMass. No kid in is right mind believes anything the staff is spewing. The only hope is fire the DC and OC and pick up the pieces and hope new faces make a difference. He screwed the program putting a collar on Lashlee and keeping a total putz at DC.

Reaction Score
Randy lost the team last week when he refused to throw the ball downfield. But it's been building for the last few weeks. When have we used our tight ends? Has Kevin Mensah suddenly turned into Donald Brown? Um no.

And then the absurd comments about not playing to win. The season ended right there. Anyone who puts down their money from here on is making a donation out of loyalty. I don't care who the players are the measuring stick is improvement and being competitive. This year he failed and it turned with the UMass game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Randy lost the team last week when he refused to throw the ball downfield. But it's been building for the last few weeks. When have we used our tight ends? Has Kevin Mensah suddenly turned into Donald Brown? Um no.

And then the absurd comments about not playing to win. The season ended right there. Anyone who puts down their money from here on is making a donation out of loyalty. I don't care who the players are the measuring stick is improvement and being competitive. This year he failed and it turned with the UMass game.

Might be time to adjust the sig, just saying

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Randy spent all week talking about how unimportant winning was and then is shocked the kids stop competing.

This was always my issue with him- its a false unearned arrogance that fails to realize that his words have consequences.

Reaction Score
Anybody defending this collection of losers and retreads needs their head checked. Randy has lost all credibility. His window to get buy in closed after UMass. No kid in is right mind believes anything the staff is spewing. The only hope is fire the DC and OC and pick up the pieces and hope new faces make a difference. He screwed the program putting a collar on Lashlee and keeping a total putz at DC.

He's hasn't been here two years, inherited a disaster, has been forced to play true freshman all over the place, and you're ready to fire him and his staff? I don't like the way he's running things either, but I'm willing to give him another two years. This is FBS football not five kids running up and down a basketball court.

Reaction Score
How the heck did he go to a bowl game? Beat Houston? This entire progression has me stunned.
Didn't he lose like all his starters on defense at the end of last season? Building a depth chart will take time.

Reaction Score
He's hasn't been here two years, inherited a disaster, has been forced to play true freshman all over the place, and you're ready to fire him and his staff? I don't like the way he's running things either, but I'm willing to give him another two years. This is FBS football not five kids running up and down a basketball court.
He should only get more year...just like pp and diaco...no special treatment for someone whose teams are actually worse then what the two coaches prior did. He needs to make a bowl next year or he should be gone

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
He should only get more year...just like pp and diaco...no special treatment for someone whose teams are actually worse then what the two coaches prior did. He needs to make a bowl next year or he should be gone
Please. Unless there is a field trip to Lucky Strike Lanes, this team is NOT going bowling next year.

Reaction Score
Well thought out reply. Care to make a bet that we have a disproportionate # of transfers after this year vs other years?

I think we will have a lot of transfers but I think it will be players dropping down a level because they want playing time.

Reaction Score
Hear what you and others are saying, but if the guy who built a decent program from nothing beginning in the late 90's, and inherited a disaster from 18th hole red pants, is fired after only three years, then no coach in his right mind would take this job. If he wants to make a splash and make some headlines in the off season, fire Crocker and reach out to Pasqualoni as DC. Another worry is he can play Krajewski or at the very least can get him in the game to give Pindell a rest, without burning a redshirt. Yet he hasn't done it. Plus I wonder if putting Krajewski in the game would not give the offense (from a passing perspective) a shot in the arm like Bryant did last season when he came in for Pindell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom