Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Yeah but, Edsall is doing a marvelous job with our culture.

Reaction Score
Culture matters if you are winning, period. We have 1 game under Hurley. I think he was a great hire, but I am not ready to put him up on wall of honor. At this stage of KO's tenure, there were folks screaming about him not getting a LT deal from the AD and how his we take the stairs culture was perfect. These things are a process.

I may be the last of the Mohicans, but I have faith in HCRE. He can't make 3-4 roster moves, bring in a grad transfer and solve all of his problems. It's obvious he took a look at what he inherited, shook his head, and set off to completely dismantle the thing. We have had a decade of curmudgeons, guys who looked cool in short sleeve shirts, and fast talking car salesmen systematically destroy the program. This is going to be painful, but there is no turning back, IMO. And in 2 years when they are bowl bound, we will talk about the culture differently than we do now. Not because the culture will have changed, but because they will be winning.
Boy HCRE2.0 and HCREDreamSchool1.0 sure had bad luck with the teams taken over since he gave up on being HCRE1.0. The rather successful Maryland program needed a culture change. 2-10, 4-8, 7-6, 7-6, 2-4 was enough of a change for Maryland and HCREDreamSchool1.0 was given the door. HCRE2.0 is 3-9, 1-8 and then who knows. Not sure this is the culture I want to see at UConn football. How about we go with a QB who can pass (or let the current one at least try to do it) as our next try at improving the culture. How many scholarship slots should we allocate each year for "study hall non players"?
I'll say it again, it's never too early to stop going the wrong direction! 2017 had 5 games within one score (3 wins 2 losses). 2018 3 games within one score (1 win 2 loses). I'll take any of remaining 3 games being within 1 score (or blow out win!)
What youngster in his right mind would sign up to be a recruit to play on the 2019 UConn team? This is not going to be getting better in 2019 unless the problem was the QB couldn't pass in 2018 and the new guy can, the current players make super/duper improvements, grad transfers and juco's really help, some 2019 recruits are game ready or ????????
Want a stat? If UConn scored 4 more touchdowns in each of its 8 FBS loses it would still be only 2-6!!!!

Reaction Score
Another worry is he can play Krajewski or at the very least can get him in the game to give Pindell a rest said:
This is very alarming. Can we at least see if one of the young QBs (Krajewski) can throw the ball? Liked what T.J. Weist did in '13 when he first gave Boyle a chance for 4 games, and then when he wasn't the answer, he went with Cochran. CC was great over the last four games that year and gave the fans an exciting passing game and hope for the '14 season. And, then he got concussed in the opener against BYU.

But Randy 2.0 is the same as the 1.0 version. What has he got to lose (other than more football games and he has got that down).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom