Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
50818.jpeg

That is scary. Coach Prime is probably glad he's on the DL, not around all those hippies

Reaction Score
I saw Robert Plant and Alison Krauss at Bethel Woods in New York. Absolutely beautiful venue and the grounds overlook the site of the original Woodstock. Concert was downright fantastic. Four Led Zeppelin covers including an goosebump-inflicting Battle of Evermore and a gritty version of When the Levee Breaks.

Attachments

• rp-ak1.jpeg
    rp-ak1.jpeg
    851.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 7.1.23 setlist.jpeg
    7.1.23 setlist.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 76
Reaction Score
Caught Harry Manx for free at Ridgefield Playhouse on Monday, my first CHIRP concert, which is a non-profit that organizes free concerts in Ridgefield.

IMG_2778.jpeg

Really innovative Blues guitarist/singer who brings a ton of influence from India.

For those interested, here’s the website that shares the remaining shows CHIRP will organize this summer:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Were off to Maine. While in Portland we'll be seeing The Reverend Horton Heat. Psychobilly. We'll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Caught Harry Manx for free at Ridgefield Playhouse on Monday, my first CHIRP concert, which is a non-profit that organizes free concerts in Ridgefield.

View attachment 89461

Really innovative Blues guitarist/singer who brings a ton of influence from India.

For those interested, here’s the website that shares the remaining shows CHIRP will organize this summer:

Saw John Papa Gros at lats years Rhythm and Roots Festival in RI. He was really good. Grace Potter headlined.

Reaction Score
Went to the most empty show I think I’ve ever seen. Will Bernard (jazz guitarist) played at Park City Music Hall in Bridgeport.

Show time at 8:00 and about five people in attendance (pic below). Set started 20 minutes later to about ten.

Good set, though, I guess Sunday nights are tough sells.

71063962509__F0479EA3-74C3-4798-9816-4D11E14A62DC.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Went to the most empty show I think I’ve ever seen. Will Bernard (jazz guitarist) played at Park City Music Hall in Bridgeport.

Show time at 8:00 and about five people in attendance (pic below). Set started 20 minutes later to about ten.

View attachment 89609
That’s really sad for the artist.

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the band nor will I be in town, but there is a 2-for-1 deal to see Fitz and the Tantrums in Stamford on Thursday for their Alive at Five series in Mill River Park.

I caught Jon Batiste at the same venue two years ago and the city has done a great job moving those concerts from Columbus Park (shout to out seeing Boyz II Men there twice, seriously, an underrated show) to Mill River Park.

Anyhoo, here's the link and the discount code is below.

fitz2for1

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

View attachment 89609
Will is awesome!

its a crying shame I can put a couple hundred in that room playing Jerry Garcia (not even Grateful Dead!) covers. I mean that sincerely. Will is a special talent and Im a cover band hack he deserves WAY better. It also couldve had a ton to do with the date. Summer is ROUGH bookings in CT. Seriously. And yeah, Sundays are even worse. God bless Park City for hosting that, and god bless you for showing up. Its the right thing on both counts.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Will is awesome!

its a crying shame I can put a couple hundred in that room playing Jerry Garcia (not even Grateful Dead!) covers. I mean that sincerely. Will is a special talent and Im a cover band hack he deserves WAY better. It also couldve had a ton to do with the date. Summer is ROUGH bookings in CT. Seriously. And yeah, Sundays are even worse. God bless Park City for hosting that, and god bless you for showing up. Its the right thing on both counts.
Will Bernard aka Chilly Willy (I named him that, he knows, remind him "Kalbs manager") is the bomb. They love CT gigs, I've known John Torrres owner of Park City since we worked 1st shift ticketing Summit @ ILCC 2002, musician owned clubs are the best!

Reaction Score
Even though I live in Norwalk, finally made it out to my first show at the Levitt in Westport. Caught Gambian musician Sona Jobarteh, who sings and mostly plays the kora.

Free show and was still over an hour despite the rain delay. Beautiful venue, especially during night shows with the sunset views along the Naugatuck River.

Had a great time.

IMG_2910.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just learned Lyle Lovett was passing thru town with his Large Band, so wife and I are here. Always a great show. He's a fabulous entertainer and the band is oh so tight. This version has Leland Sklar on bass and the live mix really showcases his talent.

IMG_20230727_203245.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Saw Berlin, Howard Jones and Culture Club on Tuesday. Has a phone mistake and missed a great video Of Terri Nunn. Boy George still has a phenonanal voice. They were quite good including a couple cool covers Terri and Howard can still sing too. She did an A capella intro to “Take my Breath Away”.

IMG_1814.jpeg

Reaction Score
Caught The National at Westville last night. They’re a band I’ve wanted to see for years and they put on a great show.

For how moody their music could be Matt Barringer is an intriguing performer highlighted by a couple visits into the crowd towards the end of the set.

Their first couple albums were recorded in Bridgeport and they brought out the producer of those albums out for a hearty CT cheer.

Westville is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues.

IMG_2988.jpeg

Reaction Score
Last night @Letsgohuskies11 and I ventured up to the Palace Theater in Waterbury to catch Ryan Adams and the Cardinals.

He’s seen Adams a few times and it was my first show, not realizing that the premise of his recent tour are long 2+ hour shows that feature ~ a dozen songs, some of which jammed out, mostly with heavy blues/rock themes. For example, their first song, Peaceful Valley, went 21 minutes that featured a Black Sabbath medley in the middle.

While I am not fearful of a good jam, I tended to enjoy the songs that kept closer to the spirit of the original, most due to the fact that as gifted he is as a writer, “good jamming” takes a lot of practice and a certain mentality. Adams doesn’t strike me as that.

There’s also getting used to Adams as the performer. Most of the show, he spoke in a Saturday Night Horror Feature ghoul voice and, in typical Adams fashion, was very sensitive to the crowd, most of which was awesome (he complimented the general crowd a few times) but as a handful got more wasted they embraced the role as the Adams agitator, relishing the verbal attacks from center stage.

Two particular guys in the back were the main culprits, but after someone requested “Summer of ‘69”, Adams halted the show and finished with a monologue about his bad press about that song (google it) and how that helped him become sober, etc.

You might ask: this show sounded unusual, right? The answer is yes, but overall, I enjoyed myself for most of the time and glad to have finally seen him. It was my first time in The Palace Theater in ~15 years, and the restoration is beautiful.

Oh, and there was a lot of smoke:

IMG_3006.jpeg

Reaction Score
Caught The National at Westville last night. They’re a band I’ve wanted to see for years and they put on a great show.

For how moody their music could be Matt Barringer is an intriguing performer highlighted by a couple visits into the crowd towards the end of the set.

Their first couple albums were recorded in Bridgeport and they brought out the producer of those albums out for a hearty CT cheer.

Westville is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues.

View attachment 90345
I was also there. I agree that they put on a great show. I haven’t listed to them as much over the past few years, but this show reminded me of why I liked them so much to begin with.

Westville is such a nice venue. There isn’t really a bad seat, the sound is always good, and concessions and bathrooms don’t have much of a wait. Just as importantly, I like the types of acts it attracts. I’ve seen The National, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gov’t Mule, Australian Pink Floyd Show, and Wilco there, and missed a few others I was interested in.

Reaction Score
5 days to the G n' R show at MetLife. Extremely excited that the Pretenders are the opening act! Can't locate my shirt from 1990 so I'm gonna have to hit Newberry Comics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom