Yanks | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Yanks

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What's a bad call LOSER
That's me. A loser. In fact, I became a Yankee fan when the lost to the Pirates in 1960. I thought Bill Mazeroski hitting that ball over the wall at Forbes field was the saddest thing I ever saw. But I loved the way the Yankees played the game and the class they demonstrated. So for 58 years I have claimed to be a yankee fan. I stuck them through the 80's and all the George crap and the Billy Martin escapades. I don't know of another organization that could do what they did this year. No whining, just winning. And then there are the lucky guys like you whose team must win every year. I assume you were a red sox fan last year and now you are an astro fan. Unles they lose to the Nats in case you have a Nats jersey stashed for the occasion.

But if you would like a direct answer to your question; A bad call is to call someone you don't know a loser. That's childish.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Yanks are done and will be next year and ensuing years to injuries/suspensions and front office screwballs
Lets close this thread or swing it to the baseball area
My Cubbies are done and I want to concentrate on UConn and Celtics basketball

Reaction Score
You forgot Judge. A core of Judge, Gleyber, DJ, Andujar, and Gio. I let Didi walk, and only bring back Gardner if he takes a 1 year deal for not much money. Get a couple bats who spray the ball and don't swing for the fences.

I like Paxton, Tanaka, and Sevy but they need a true ace. Got to get Cole. I have no clue what to do with Gary, he's wildly overrated. He improved behind the plate but still scares me and he can't hit good playoff pitching. He's a mistake hitter and playoff pitchers rarely make mistakes.

Gary Sanchez is a problem. He's a 1B and DH at this point. He's one I would trade, and it's mainly because his catching bothers me. Let Encarnacion go.

Didi is hard for me. Was hurt all year. Can they get Lindor out of Cleveland? Go Gleybar a SS and Lemheiu at second. I would go for Sanchez at first and go get a catcher. That's just me though.

Reaction Score
Gary Sanchez is a problem. He's a 1B and DH at this point. He's one I would trade, and it's mainly because his catching bothers me. Let Encarnacion go.

Didi is hard for me. Was hurt all year. Can they get Lindor out of Cleveland? Go Gleybar a SS and Lemheiu at second. I would go for Sanchez at first and go get a catcher. That's just me though.
I'm really sick of Sanchez. What about Andujar at 1st, DJ at second, Gleyber at short, and Gio at third.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Stanton and Elsbury were big mistakes. Els from day one. Yanks love how Sanchez works with the pitchers. He's a mixed bag
But an ace starter would have put them in the world series in 17 and 19. We have to stop repeating this problem.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
For as much as people want to get on the starting pitching, it was the hitters that didn't come through for the Yanks. Not to say they couldn't use Cole or Strasburg in free agency, but they had opportunities with RISP and didn't convert.

I have a feeling the Yankees let Didi, Gardy, and Betances walk. They'll slide Gleyber to SS and DJ to 2B.

I'd wager Urshella doesn't come anywhere close to this seasons numbers and will compete with Andujar at 3B.

Voit, who was having a fantastic season, probably opens up at 1B.

Stanton, Hicks, Judge, Tauchman, in the OF/DH.

Gary back at C.

Frazier dealt for a RP to backfill for Betances.

If they can sign the ace, they'll look good headed into the season and try and make another run. Hope I'm wrong about some of the above but seems likely to happen.

Reaction Score
Mets have been to more World Series this decade than the Yanks. Poverty franchise isn't even as relevant as THE METS LOL

Reaction Score
Mets have been to more World Series this decade than the Yanks. Poverty franchise isn't even as relevant as THE METS LOL

Witty comeback took you a day and a half for that crap LOL. Go back in that hole farts come from!

Reaction Score
For as much as people want to get on the starting pitching, it was the hitters that didn't come through for the Yanks. Not to say they couldn't use Cole or Strasburg in free agency, but they had opportunities with RISP and didn't convert.

I have a feeling the Yankees let Didi, Gardy, and Betances walk. They'll slide Gleyber to SS and DJ to 2B.

I'd wager Urshella doesn't come anywhere close to this seasons numbers and will compete with Andujar at 3B.

Voit, who was having a fantastic season, probably opens up at 1B.

Stanton, Hicks, Judge, Tauchman, in the OF/DH.

Gary back at C.

Frazier dealt for a RP to backfill for Betances.

If they can sign the ace, they'll look good headed into the season and try and make another run. Hope I'm wrong about some of the above but seems likely to happen.
It's not that they could use an ace, they absolutely need an ace. The bullpen was fried because even if the starter is pitching great they have zero confidence of them getting through the lineup a third time. You aren't going to win it all with the Yankees game plan, counting on all your relievers to be on every single night. I don't see any way Gio isn't the third baseman, he's awesome over there. IMO, smartest move is turning Andujar into a first baseman and moving DJ to his natural second base, things would shake our differently if they get Lindor. I think they let Voit walk, the team is already loaded with righty power hitting dh types.

They have to do something about their entire strength and conditioning program. It's not just a fluke, there has to be something wrong for them to be the most injured team in history.

Reaction Score
I hope they keep Gardner. He lives and breathes pinstripes. He's played his entire 12 year career as a Yankee, a great veteran. Very good outfielder and he just had career highs in HR and RBI's.

Reaction Score
Betances if healthy I believe stays. As sj says they need a stud starter, if Cole will come to NYC spend the dough.

Voit not being on the roster told you something, he's out I think. Andujar or Urshela is a tough one. Don't think Urshela is that .300m hitter we saw but what he is, a man good 3rd baseman exactly what Andujar isn't. Hitter or defense? Maybe 1st base for Andujar will be interesting. He's a .290.300 hitter we need more of those in the lineup.

Gardy love him for who he was but it's over. Always has that one month which you say man he's tough but ultimately he's a .240 hitter at best. OBP is always decent though but his days are numbered. Dreadful in the playoffs.

Sanchez sorry I try to like him but overall a crappy hitter minus the power and also had a rather disgusting post season lazy on D and swinging at lots os crappy pitches. Someone must like him enough to give you an impact player if you package him? Do it...

I see talk about Lindor here I mean by all means but not sure if he's a FA or trade?

Judge is interesting. I mean hell yeah he's the face of the Yankees. Great guy, really nice player both defensively and offensively. Need full years out of him though injury prone so how does he get paid? His rookie year was sensational his next 2 very good but injured and streaky. Time to be a good teammate and take what you deserve, a big 2020 would do wonders for him especially if he stays healthy. Not sure when he's up for the contract don't follow the financials but need to keep him obviously just need to be sire not to overpay just because!

They're actually not too many moves from getting it done but a couple need to happen for sure or it will be a few playoff games yet again after a solid regular season.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not that they could use an ace, they absolutely need an ace. The bullpen was fried because even if the starter is pitching great they have zero confidence of them getting through the lineup a third time. You aren't going to win it all with the Yankees game plan, counting on all your relievers to be on every single night. I don't see any way Gio isn't the third baseman, he's awesome over there. IMO, smartest move is turning Andujar into a first baseman and moving DJ to his natural second base, things would shake our differently if they get Lindor. I think they let Voit walk, the team is already loaded with righty power hitting dh types.

They have to do something about their entire strength and conditioning program. It's not just a fluke, there has to be something wrong for them to be the most injured team in history.

You could say the same thing about every single team in baseball regarding an ace. It was the hitting that let them down this postseason. The Yankees scored: 7, 2, 1, 3, 4, 4 in the 6 games this series and left countless runners on base.

I think the Yankees post season managerial strategy needs to change. You can't burn your pen out by Game 3 of the ALCS. You just have to trust your starters to give your more length than the Yankees are asking.

It doesn't matter if it was Randy Johnson or Kei Igawa out there, the leash for Tanaka, Severino, and Paxson was absurdly short. It's not sustainable.

Regarding Urshella, I think his hitting this year was perhaps a 1 year wonder. There is nothing in his career that would indicate he's anywhere near this type of performer. That said, if he plays D and keeps the strikeouts down, he's fine.

I'd be fine with trying Andujar out at 1B, LF, DH. Ideally I'd like to roll into next season with:

3B - Urshella
SS - Didi
2B - Gleyber
1B - DJ / Andjuar / Voit
DH - Andujar / Voit
LF - Stanton
CF - Hicks
RF - Judge

BN - Romine, Tauchman, Wade, Voit/Andujar

SP - Cole/Strasburg, Severino, Tanaka, Paxson, German
RP - Same cast of characters, plus a resigned Betances

Reaction Score
Witty comeback took you a day and a half for that crap LOL. Go back in that hole farts come from!
Actually its been 3638 days since the last time there was a world series in the Bronx. Notre Dame of baseball LMAO

Reaction Score
Actually its been 3638 days since the last time there was a world series in the Bronx. Notre Dame of baseball LMAO

You did have plenty of time to add up those numbers with a team that crapped the bed once again after winning something. Awful follow up to the WS underachieving. Not as bad as that 69-93 team a few years back but this one was healthy and the same guys basically with some who had career years and somehow you ended up 19 games behind the team you are making fun of, yeah 19 LOL. Out of it since July August man that sucks huh fartdude? No wonder you just showed up haven't had a reason to watch baseball for 3 months.

Reaction Score
You did have plenty of time to add up those numbers with a team that crapped the bed once again after winning something. Awful follow up to the WS underachieving. Not as bad as that 69-93 team a few years back but this one was healthy and the same guys basically with some who had career years and somehow you ended up 19 games behind the team you are making fun of, yeah 19 LOL. Out of it since July August man that sucks huh fartdude? No wonder you just showed up haven't had a reason to watch baseball for 3 months.
That really sucks huh? I'd rather win 1 division title since 2013 than 2 world titles. Am i being a Yankee fan yet??

Reaction Score
You could say the same thing about every single team in baseball regarding an ace. It was the hitting that let them down this postseason. The Yankees scored: 7, 2, 1, 3, 4, 4 in the 6 games this series and left countless runners on base.

I think the Yankees post season managerial strategy needs to change. You can't burn your pen out by Game 3 of the ALCS. You just have to trust your starters to give your more length than the Yankees are asking.

It doesn't matter if it was Randy Johnson or Kei Igawa out there, the leash for Tanaka, Severino, and Paxson was absurdly short. It's not sustainable.

Regarding Urshella, I think his hitting this year was perhaps a 1 year wonder. There is nothing in his career that would indicate he's anywhere near this type of performer. That said, if he plays D and keeps the strikeouts down, he's fine.

I'd be fine with trying Andujar out at 1B, LF, DH. Ideally I'd like to roll into next season with:

3B - Urshella
SS - Didi
2B - Gleyber
1B - DJ / Andjuar / Voit
DH - Andujar / Voit
LF - Stanton
CF - Hicks
RF - Judge

BN - Romine, Tauchman, Wade, Voit/Andujar

SP - Cole/Strasburg, Severino, Tanaka, Paxson, German
RP - Same cast of characters, plus a resigned Betances
Every other team in baseball isn't an ace away from winning a world series. If Yankees had an ace they would be in two World Series the past three years, IMO. I'm just stressing without an ace they will come up short again next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Every other team in baseball isn't an ace away from winning a world series. If Yankees had an ace they would be in two World Series the past three years, IMO. I'm just stressing without an ace they will come up short again next year.

What was more to blame: the starting pitching or the hitting.

Reaction Score

That's a good question. Both in this series I think. Can't have Brett Gardner hitting 3rd at any point of the series let's be honest that's embarrassing. Then follow it up after Torres with Sanchez, Hicks, Didi all batting .100 and you have zero chance to grab runs here and there. Thought the pitching was really solid with some hitting they win. I mean think about Game 5 that they won. 3 run homer for Hicks then 1 hit the rest of the game? Need better hitters as I've said all along. Can't win a series with guys who beat up on the crappy pitching during the regular season need more .280-.310 guys so you can string some runs together, hit and run etc etc maybe even bunt LOL.

Reaction Score
The hitting, the lineup was a mess. Boone had Encarnacion batting 3rd and 5th and wouldn't dh Stanton yet kept him around in case the World Series happened which sacrificed another bat. Neither team could hit but Astros have aces that can pitch the whole game, even when the Yankees starting pitching looked good they were pulled out of the game because the analytics robots didn't want Yankees starters facing batters for a third time, Yankees bullpen was fried. The Yankees absolutely need an ace, it's not that difficult to understand. Pay Cole whatever it takes.

Reaction Score
On top of not getting a starting pitcher CC work load was not managed properly and German being a POS.

Reaction Score

Fartman69, grow up. Every fan base has idiots. Go ahead and pretend the Red Sox don't have plenty of losers. Are you okay with Fenway faithful calling players N*****s?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The hitting, the lineup was a mess. Boone had Encarnacion batting 3rd and 5th and wouldn't dh Stanton yet kept him around in case the World Series happened which sacrificed another bat. Neither team could hit but Astros have aces that can pitch the whole game, even when the Yankees starting pitching looked good they were pulled out of the game because the analytics robots didn't want Yankees starters facing batters for a third time, Yankees bullpen was fried. The Yankees absolutely need an ace, it's not that difficult to understand. Pay Cole whatever it takes.

I don't think you can throw analytics out the window but for playoff baseball and the strategy of winning 11 games out of a potential 19 you need to rewrite the script a bit.

For years we've fallen victim to OBP for hitters and K% for pitchers, but in the playoffs the competition is so much better that I think you really need to value things like contact skills, ability to pitch deep in games etc. more than over a 162 game season.

The guys that can do both, i.e. Altuve, or Verlander is why these guys are still so damn good come October.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom