Yankplosion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yankplosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zobrist is 5th in the AL in WAR and has the same .370 obp as Cano despite hitting 40 points less. The value of Zobrist, who is now playing short continues to be underestimated by the average fan.

Yeah, he is fifth, if you don't count the pitchers. I was just busting your balls sink as we have had this conversation many times.

Reaction Score
You know what, if the Yanks are going to keep playing like f@#$ing clowns like this, they deserve to lose. Ground ball and Swisher runs all the way to almost second base to field it. Who are you going to throw it to Swisher?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You know what, if the Yanks are going to keep playing like f@#$ing clowns like this, they deserve to lose.
Exactly how I felt in 2007.

Reaction Score
IMO Cano is the more talented player in comparison with Pedroia. He is faster, he has better size and as a result more power. Pedroia has a better strike out to walk ratio and a better OBP while Cano has a higher OPS. Despite being the slower of the two, Pedroia steals a lot more bases. Neither has been spectacular in the post-season. But I agree with Danzz, if I had to choose, I would opt for Pedroia. Pedroia gives you every thing he has while Cano, if he gave you everything he had, would be a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame. I think Pedroia motivates his teammates. Cano can frustrate his.

The good news is just like ah's we all have opinions........I f I were a Sox fan I guess I would like the guy a lot too because of all the "get's dirty", "little man big heart" BS but in the end he's not as good as Cano. Take him out of Fenway he's a .275-.280 hitter who is a damn good player.......take cano out of Yankee Stadium he's the same guy.......can't stand his lack of running the easy one's out but he's a tremendous player overall. The motivation part you think about may be a bit overrated but I get it.......

Reaction Score
You know what, if the Yanks are going to keep playing like f@#$ing clowns like this, they deserve to lose. Ground ball and Swisher runs all the way to almost second base to field it. Who are you going to throw it to Swisher?

They're awful but look at the lineups they're trotting out on the field. I mean McGhee, Pearce, Nix....c'mon they're not good everyday players at all......no excuses you have to win but this just isn't the Yankess, it's a lot like 2 teams (Sox/Yanks) who don't even know each other out there, not a rivalry.........

Reaction Score
The good news is just like ah's we all have opinions........I f I were a Sox fan I guess I would like the guy a lot too because of all the "get's dirty", "little man big heart" BS but in the end he's not as good as Cano. Take him out of Fenway he's a .275-.280 hitter who is a damn good player.......take cano out of Yankee Stadium he's the same guy.......can't stand his lack of running the easy one's out but he's a tremendous player overall. The motivation part you think about may be a bit overrated but I get it.......
Not that one game means anything, but in a critical game last night, Pedroia clearly played better than Cano. Petey had a big home run and two other hits, a great turn on a double play and a nice tag to nail a base runner in the ninth. Cano was too casual on a pop-up to short right that could have cost the game. And by the way, Pedroia is a career .289 hitter away from Fenway. But you are correct he hits .318 in the Fens.

Reaction Score
Not that one game means anything, but in a critical game last night, Pedroia clearly played better than Cano. Petey had a big home run and two other hits, a great turn on a double play and a nice tag to nail a base runner in the ninth. Cano was too casual on a pop-up to short right that could have cost the game. And by the way, Pedroia is a career .289 hitter away from Fenway. But you are correct he hits .318 in the Fens.

Good post, a little better numbers than I thought although without looking the doubles and HRs (last nights was a shot out of anywhere so no cheapy there!) would come down, only guessing......... and one guy is hot the other is not.......pretty easy to see.......one game.......but my guys is not playing well at clutch tie and there's no doubt about that!!! But I'll keep him despite that.

Reaction Score
Good post, a little better numbers than I thought although without looking the doubles and HRs (last nights was a shot out of anywhere so no cheapy there!) would come down, only guessing......... and one guy is hot the other is not.......pretty easy to see.......one game.......but my guys is not playing well at clutch tie and there's no doubt about that!!! But I'll keep him despite that.
One other stat that favors Pedroia is walks to strikeouts. I have always favored that stat (perhaps more than I should) for hitters as well as pitchers. For his career, Pedroia has walked more than he has struck out while Cano strikes out more than twice as many times as he walks. Your boy Donny Baseball was especially good here. Over his career he walked 588 times and struck out only 444 times. That's less than 40 times a year! Although he didn't walk as much, he struck less on average than Ted Williams. Pretty heady company.

Reaction Score
One other stat that favors Pedroia is walks to strikeouts. I have always favored that stat (perhaps more than I should) for hitters as well as pitchers. For his career, Pedroia has walked more than he has struck out while Cano strikes out more than twice as many times as he walks. Your boy Donny Baseball was especially good here. Over his career he walked 588 times and struck out only 444 times. That's less than 40 times a year! Although he didn't walk as much, he struck less on average than Ted Williams. Pretty heady company.

Nice numbers no doubt and there is an impact there. Cano has gone back to his self and is not as selective this year and that's not good!

Reaction Score
Nice numbers no doubt and there is an impact there. Cano has gone back to his self and is not as selective this year and that's not good!
The biggest problem for the Yankees now and into the future is probably age. The average age of their hitters is 32.7. The league average is 28.7 and no one else is over 30. The average age of their pitchers is 30.2. The league average is 28.3 and the only other team over 30 is the Angels. Something tells me your GM is going to be busy over the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom