OT: - Yankee Injuries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Yankee Injuries

Reaction Score
Verlander got beat 3-2 and Greinke won 15-0. Playoff baseball is NOTHING like the regular season and Houston is about as close to a perfect playoff roster as you are going to get! They can beat you in so many different ways, their lineup is stacked, they are one of the best defensive teams in baseball, their Top 3 in the rotation are the best in MLB, their bullpen is stacked, and their bench is loaded!
I’m rooting alongside you, but everyone knows crazy stuff can happen in a short series. They are not even a lock to play each other!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Paxton has been pitching well lately, but has ZERO postseason appearences, NOBODY knows what you are getting with Severino, Tanaka is just awful, and their pen is good but NOT the best in baseball. In fact, Houston has a better bullpen than the Yankees!

I guess the Yanks should just forfeit the ALCS.

Reaction Score
When you have an alsoran like DJ LeMahieuwuw putting up MVP numbers no one is crying for you

Also ran? Won a batting title in 2016.

You had guys do the same last year career years you need them to have magic. No one asked anyone to cry by the way just stating the truth.

Reaction Score
Paxton has been pitching well lately, but has ZERO postseason appearences, NOBODY knows what you are getting with Severino, Tanaka is just awful, and their pen is good but NOT the best in baseball. In fact, Houston has a better bullpen than the Yankees!

Your fandom is obvious and obvious "what kind" of Sox fan also :rolleyes:.

And the statement that playoff baseball is different to Yankee fans is hilarious too. We've been in them 20 times since '96 think we get it.

Reaction Score
Your fandom is obvious and obvious "what kind" of Sox fan also :rolleyes:.

And the statement that playoff baseball is different to Yankee fans is hilarious too. We've been in them 20 times since '96 think we get it.

Well, you haven't won too many of them lately(past 15 years NY 1WS<Boston 4WS) so I wasn't sure. :D

Reaction Score
Well, you haven't won too many of them lately(past 15 years NY 1WS<Boston 4WS) so I wasn't sure. :D

Oh I expected this from you I can tell baseball started in 2004 for you. That’s a joke how about ‘96 on want to give that a go? Want to check the 70s too, too funny!
Nice bounce back this year well done:cool:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For the first time this season I really feel the Yanks are going all the way. The SPs are coming around and Severino returns Tuesday. Still time to work out kinks.

One game at a time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah tough to say with a 5 game ALDS. With the Yankees skeptical pitching, anything can happen.

Tanaka is usually great in the post season, but the Yankees have more pitching depth and bullpen. They won’t be afraid going to the pen in the 3rd/4th innings. That’s a benefit.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah tough to say with a 5 game ALDS. With the Yankees skeptical pitching, anything can happen.

Tanaka is usually great in the post season, but the Yankees have more pitching depth and bullpen. They won’t be afraid going to the pen in the 3rd/4th innings. That’s a benefit.
Imagine starting Happ, or CC for 2 innings and then...yep...in comes Domingo German!! Unreal.

Reaction Score
Imagine starting Happ, or CC for 2 innings and then...yep...in comes Domingo German!! Unreal.
It makes sense now to rest germans arm. But once the playoffs start I don’t get it. Have him pitch 5 and the. Go to the pen.

Reaction Score
Good to see an underdog story for a nice plucky franchise like the Yankees. Even better to see down on their luck cities get some of the spotlight. Boston can't win every title in every sport every year.

Reaction Score
Good to see an underdog story for a nice plucky franchise like the Yankees. Even better to see down on their luck cities get some of the spotlight. Boston can't win every title in every sport every year.

You could if you could make the playoffs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom