XL Concessions are a disaster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

XL Concessions are a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Excuse me? Personal attacks, incredibly rude, what is the point of such a comment? wow. I spent one year in Guatemala, so got a problem with that? That has nothing to do with my comment, btw either, making your statement even more pointless. Sorry not sorry, saw tonnnns of empty seats in the marquette game.

Buddy - XL was the first sub regional to sell out and had the highest secondary market prices for reselling tickets.

Whatever you saw is in your head - the city and building were jammed today and the NCAA botched the game times - making flipping the building for the night session impossible. XL management is a joke but the times were a joke.

If the second game wasn’t a blowout it would have ended when the third game was scheduled to start.

Reaction Score
I had no problem getting in because I got there an hour early. It’s your fault that if you think getting there at game time will give you instant entrance. There’s always lines

Reaction Score
Buddy - XL was the first sub regional to sell out and had the highest secondary market prices for reselling tickets.

Whatever you saw is in your head - the city and building were jammed today and the NCAA botched the game times - making flipping the building for the night session impossible. XL management is a joke but the times were a joke.

If the second game wasn’t a blowout it would have ended when the third game was scheduled to start.
Yes agree completely. Tough that they ran out of food. I can imagine lines being rough for session 2 because all 16k are trying to get in 15 mins b4 the game because of the flip

Reaction Score
It looks at least twice as full, if not nearly packed for the nova game. sorry, looked much more empty for the marquette game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m officially sick of Nova. Hoping St Mary’s pulls this out. Get them out of my state!

Reaction Score
It looks at least twice as full, if not nearly packed for the nova game. sorry, looked much more empty for the marquette game.
Probably because lots of the UVM fans left after their game. I bet if they won they would’ve rooted for Murray State in the 2nd game

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah it’s almost like fans who went for the Vermont/Florida St game might leave to... drive back to Vermont after a loss. Or go drinking someplace where it isn’t $11 a beer.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s almost like fans who went for the Vermont/Florida St game might leave to... drive back to Vermont after a loss. Or go drinking someplace where it isn’t $11 a beer.
Ok, fine, fair enough. enjoy!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Seeing what the XL looks like full is just more evidence that anything close to an announced sellout the last several years was a blatant lie. Unless there aren’t several hundred people in the bar area.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Place has been alive for all 3 games. @whaler11 is spot on. The times in between games was so tight you had no chance getting back in quick if you wanted a quick beer or burger across the street. Ncaa did no favors with the schedule.

The cheapest tickets on StubHub an hour before the game were $145.

The sub-regional in Columbia was $6 day and night.

Salt Lake City was $12.

Some others were in the mid 30s, Carolina’s session was $45.

At every event like this people who were there for a specific team in the first game (like those with seats you can see on an illegal stream) leave.

If XL management wasn’t a joke UHart and UConn could host constantly because nobody sells more tickets without a home team than Hartford for the NCAA tourney. It’s a bizarre dynamic - and why I was laughing at kids saying they were going to scalp in for below face because they can for UConn/Monmouth in November.

Reaction Score
Btw sat next to Florida state fans 1st set of games and now Nova fans. No complaints. They say the set up in terms of waiting in line is normal in most ncaa settings. They are always understaffed.

TJT

Reaction Score
Every arena in the northeast sells out the NCAA Tournament. It does not matter who hosts or where it is or what year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody has food. I don’t mean this figuratively. It’s as if they didn’t realize that 16,000 people were going to be here.
Gampel has dogs and popcorn! Get in line.

Reaction Score
Lol - blaming it on football program!!!
Yup, and part of the person's nickname is "ragz". Somehow, "ragz" connecting the NCAA's TV scheduling, the state CRDA, the facility's inadequate management, and inexplicably UConn football suggests Brain-dead Illogical Thinker might be an equally appropriate moniker.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I said this when I attended a Saturday afternoon game this year. I wasted the entire halftime on line waiting for a beer because the concession people were so slow. It wasn’t even a long line either, maybe 6 people. They have a bunch of older people working with zero sense of urgency.

Man, I was in Alabama for the last ten days and I've never waited longer in my life at everywhere I went. Waited for 30 minutes at Hertz for some guy to drive my rental car into the parking lot, and I've never waited for a rental car at all in my life. Waiting in line for coffee took like 5x longer than it does up north. It's really incredible to see how different it is

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The cheapest tickets on StubHub an hour before the game were $145.

The sub-regional in Columbia was $6 day and night.

Salt Lake City was $12.

Some others were in the mid 30s, Carolina’s session was $45.

At every event like this people who were there for a specific team in the first game (like those with seats you can see on an illegal stream) leave.

If XL management wasn’t a joke UHart and UConn could host constantly because nobody sells more tickets without a home team than Hartford for the NCAA tourney. It’s a bizarre dynamic - and why I was laughing at kids saying they were going to scalp in for below face because they can for UConn/Monmouth in November.
Exhibit A: "Why UConn Bball tickets will cost more next year." duh.

Reaction Score
Is the heavy duty fry-o-lator smell wafting through the entire building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom