XL Concessions are a disaster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XL Concessions are a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Please tell me the host school was some school other than UConn.

Reaction Score
Total disaster I had the premier package with access to the lounge and bar. It was downstairs in the old convention area the elevator barely got the people up and down the line was out the door, the hors d'oeuvres were all gone and they were giving people popcorn, because all the appetizers were not ready at half time,there was no bottled water, people that traveled in could not believe this is supposed to be The premier package for the NCAA experience, They had two TVs and a couch with a bunch of tables .....absolute joke

Reaction Score
Compared to the other games I have seen today on tv, the crowds for the Hartford game look more sparse. With the smackdown Murray st laid on marquette, less energy is expected, of course, but does not look good to me on TV.

Reaction Score
Compared to the other games I have seen today on tv, the crowds for the Hartford game look more sparse. With the smackdown Murray st laid on marquette, less energy is expected, of course, but does not look good to me on TV.
Vermont game was packed and loud great atmosphere

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ragali was a dweeb in high school too.

That said, raze the XL Center.

Does he really think we’d have a minimum of $250 mil for XL if we just didn’t have a football team??? Rebuilding that arena is a lot more expensive than operational costs for our football team

Reaction Score
Also don’t forget every media member not having WiFi acess the whole day. Some how the cell service was oddly good, dunno if they threw a remote tower in there. Was able to post on twitter and text pics with no issues which I’ve never been able to do.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not defending the XL center but every year we hear about these sites being ill prepared. They’re all understaffed and the staff they have are temp workers making next to nothing.

Reaction Score
I said this when I attended a Saturday afternoon game this year. I wasted the entire halftime on line waiting for a beer because the concession people were so slow. It wasn’t even a long line either, maybe 6 people. They have a bunch of older people working with zero sense of urgency.

Reaction Score
Not to be snarky, but it's not like the XL has had a lot of big crowd management experience in many years. Uconn basketball is a shell of its former self attendance-wise, and the Wolfpack have never drawn. They probably didn't even know how to actually plan for a huge crowd.

Reaction Score
So was the Marquette v Murray game...but this is the guy who spent his 20s teaching in Guatamela and is now wondering why he’s so poor.
Excuse me? Personal attacks, incredibly rude, what is the point of such a comment? wow. I spent one year in Guatemala and helped a ton of students who have thanked me, I am proud of that year, so got a problem with that? That has nothing to do with my comment, btw either, making your statement even more pointless. Sorry not sorry, saw tonnnns of empty seats in the marquette game. So do you have anything to say about my actual comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom