XL center renovations considered as part of sports betting deal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

XL center renovations considered as part of sports betting deal

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I gave some guy my last $50 to valet my car outside of XL on Asylum and he never brought my car or my money back.
I laughed for a good minute after reading this. Sorry for your misfortune but what the hell were you thinking?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve gone to multiple games at the Rent every year since it opened. The enthusiasm is gone, along with the fan base. I’m part of a tailgate group that once touched 100 season ticket members. It’s gotten smaller every year since we made the BCS bowl, with no signs of improvement. You can’t even give away football tickets anymore.
PM me. I’ll take some.

Reaction Score
The engines are built in Middletown. I thought that's what you meant by building engines.
Was just playing around. I don't much about P&W. Hopefully that was obvious.

Reaction Score
To recap, this little discussion began with you and the other guy throwing shade at Hartford. I'm glad you both walked it back.
I threw some very mild shade. Not sure I walked any of it back.

Reaction Score
Gambling as an economic growth engine is a joke. Cleveland has tried it. A dismal failure despite two downtown sports venues. Wishing Hartford all the best but this is not forward looking or innovative. It’s just another source of money to be thrown out the window with no lasting benefit. A tax on an addiction.
Hey, when your government leaders view gambling as "economic development" this is what you get.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
as always with realty -location, location, location. bahstan will be fine. as the center of brainpower on earth, and with the enviable location of a short trip to the awesome beaches, a short trip to the awesome mountains, or an evening stroll down newberry,
it will remain an awesome place, with only a rebalancing for the office space thing to evolve.
texas, florida, and the likeminded, are already soaring into the future, with only the hydrocarbon industry contributions to be figgered out (which should never have happened. thanks, not, dc. another place now horribly, and for a long time to come, toast.). kali metros, nyc, chicago, and such? the current metrics for them tell all. not good.
now, back to the desk, where the homework on a 2000 homes project in daytona metro awaits. if it passes muster and flys, im gonna try and push for a 'no carbon, only horses allowed on the streets' mandate. ya know, crunchy green and all that. lol. prolly time for me to get into the hay and grain bitness. 2xlol.
currently, ten million folks jobless. but hey, that supergenius in charge of ny state looks like he'll be heading to the breadline, so, there's that. progress.
If what Texas and Florida stand for is the future, we are toast.

Reaction Score
Hartford 400

I like the vision. I’m concerned what industry and business will thrive in the US over the next 10 years to fuel CT growth. Also, CT taxes are are a drag on a turnaround plan.

Maybe it’s “if you build it, they will come”. The cash has to come from somewhere.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hartford 400

I like the vision. I’m concerned what industry and business will thrive in the US over the next 10 years to fuel CT growth. Also, CT taxes are are a drag on a turnaround plan.

Maybe it’s “if you build it, they will come”. The cash has to come from somewhere.
Stick to random comments about your minor university. You embarrass yourself less.

Reaction Score
You sound like Sharon Osborne. Enlighten yourself.
Well, then I think it’s a nice vision, but I’m concerned that there is not a financial engine driving the transformation, and that the high taxes make it difficult to create an environment to attract business.

Reaction Score
LAZ Parking CEO Alan Lazowski eyes digital transformation of his parking empire | Hartford Business Journal

"I firmly believe that people are going to want to come back to work," Lazowski said. "The new work week might be four days a week instead of five days a week, but people will be coming back to work."

Lazowski also has a vision for micro-warehousing and last-mile delivery — or LAZ-mile delivery, as he calls it. Last-mile delivery, of course, is the final step in getting an online-purchased product from a warehouse to a customer’s doorstep.

It’s a business model made famous by e-commerce giant Amazon. Lazowski wants to convert portions of his parking garages into warehouses, which would hold anything from computer tablets and groceries to liquor.

LAZ employees would pick and pack items and then potentially deliver them. Or the parking company may partner with Uber, DoorDash or Postmates, which could deliver to customers' doors.

Lazowski said he’s also been in talks with Vermont-based BETA Aviation about installing vertiports — spots for aircraft to land and take off — atop 150 LAZ garages for drones and small electric helicopters, which could be used to deliver goods.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
LAZ Parking CEO Alan Lazowski eyes digital transformation of his parking empire | Hartford Business Journal

"I firmly believe that people are going to want to come back to work," Lazowski said. "The new work week might be four days a week instead of five days a week, but people will be coming back to work."

Lazowski also has a vision for micro-warehousing and last-mile delivery — or LAZ-mile delivery, as he calls it. Last-mile delivery, of course, is the final step in getting an online-purchased product from a warehouse to a customer’s doorstep.

It’s a business model made famous by e-commerce giant Amazon. Lazowski wants to convert portions of his parking garages into warehouses, which would hold anything from computer tablets and groceries to liquor.

LAZ employees would pick and pack items and then potentially deliver them. Or the parking company may partner with Uber, DoorDash or Postmates, which could deliver to customers' doors.

Lazowski said he’s also been in talks with Vermont-based BETA Aviation about installing vertiports — spots for aircraft to land and take off — atop 150 LAZ garages for drones and small electric helicopters, which could be used to deliver goods.

Put me firmly on the "LAZ will be a disaster trying to do this" camp.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Laz hasn't even mastered the skill of running a parking garage, and now they're going to be a futuristic e-commerce hub. Yeah sure.

Yeah, I wasn't exactly a whizz in business classes but something about being good at one core skill before expanding your business model.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
yeah California, NY , NJ , Penn, Michigan, ILL, Minn, Conn. are just wonderful and so well run that they are always in the black with such low taxes - people are flooding to these locations
Get real

Reaction Score
yeah California, NY , NJ , Penn, Michigan, ILL, Minn, Conn. are just wonderful and so well run that they are always in the black with such low taxes - people are flooding to these locations
Get real
I'm assuming you live in Florida or Texas then and not Connecticut?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

You mean the two best run states?

Where ct is....bottom 5 at best?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom