Xavier Post Game Threat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Threat

Reaction Score
Cole is battling injuries and was absolutely spent. Polley is one of the best ft shooters in the country but I'm totally comfortable with RJ at the line. He's saved us so many times this season.
Which is why I want Polley getting the ball at the end. He’s always going to be fresh and he is a top 10 FT shooter in the country.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t. I thought it came through fine on tv tbh. Definitely sounded louder than Rupp sounds right now
Rupp really isn’t all that great like Cameron or Phog. Lot’s of olds and even UK fans complain about it. It’s basically on par with UConn’s crowd

Reaction Score
Fun and crazy game. I don’t think we’ll see many sequences like that turnover fest. We were clearly the better team, but that lineup without RJ wasn’t a good move by DH.

Reaction Score
Decent game outside of that truly atrocious stretch to begin the second half. Refs were allowing contact, Xavier adjusted, and took UConn a while to do the same. But a win is a win and Polley and Whaley both came up huge.
Don't forget all those 2nd half points when nobody else could score. If he doesn't play great down the stretch we lose. I think we found are go to guy in Cole whether people like it or not he is the only person who can do it. We will live and die with him scoring clutch baskets. Good thing he was clutch in this game as we needed it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How many years ago was that taken? AAC logo still on the court?
No idea, that was taken straight off the ESPN page for the game. I didn’t even notice. Lol.

Reaction Score
Martin and Jackson need to be split up and paired with Hawkins and Polley. It’s like our lineups are either all shooters who can’t create for themselves or creators who can’t shoot at all.
I agree let's mix it up a little. We don't need Hawkins and Polley playing at the same time. Hurley did break them up in the second half. The reason I noticed was Hawkins kept missing shots. I was why isn't Polley in there instead of Hawkins as he was hot in the first half?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone says. Playing at Gampel is just a better environment with the students and the crowd closer to the floor. It was a great crowd today! I understand why we play in Hartford but I don't like it.

Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone says. Playing at Gampel is just a better environment with the students and the crowd closer to the floor. It was a great crowd today! I understand why we play in Hartford but I don't like it.

Yup. I agree.

Having said that, I’m sure the crowd in Hartford on Tuesday will be fantastic

Reaction Score
I've been worried for weeks. Worried we would get exposed in our stretch run against a bunch of good teams. End up a bubble team needing multiple BE tournament wins to make the NCAA. But the Xavier win should do it. Just need to hold serve against gtown and depaul.

Nice work DH. We are in a very good position to make the NCAA two years in a row. First time in a decade? Is that right? Geez.. worthy of a minor celebration

The team is also fighting super hard. As hard as we have fought in years.

I am rolling my eyes.

How could you have this take after seeing the Auburn, Michigan State, VCU early. This team was always going to rock from potential to be great to just good enough to make MM. There should not be any doubt early when you saw the senior leadership and pluck of Cole and Martin. We are not in an easy conference; we were going to stumble. But the ability to get Sanogo to both get more stable in the post (with pass as an option) and now to cut fouls early; the insertion of Jackson having defined roles; Whaley consistency; add in the potential 3s outburst from Polley or Hawkins; we are in a better arc than that Caribbean trip.

Some years we simply cannot say we are Elite Eight or near. But matchups in the MSG fest or in March gets us to a good run. This hard fighting spirit we all should have seen early in back to back MSU and Auburn competition. We got tested there.

Reaction Score
I am rolling my eyes.

How could you have this take after seeing the Auburn, Michigan State, VCU early. This team was always going to rock from potential to be great to just good enough to make MM. There should not be any doubt early when you saw the senior leadership and pluck of Cole and Martin. We are not in an easy conference; we were going to stumble. But the ability to get Sanogo to both get more stable in the post (with pass as an option) and now to cut fouls early; the insertion of Jackson having defined roles; Whaley consistency; add in the potential 3s outburst from Polley or Hawkins; we are in a better arc than that Caribbean trip.

Some years we simply cannot say we are Elite Eight or near. But matchups in the MSG fest or in March gets us to a good run. This hard fighting spirit we all should have seen early in back to back MSU and Auburn competition. We got tested there.
I'm happy you were so confident. I was less so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom