Xavier Post Game Threat | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Threat

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Best first half in a long time. Terrible second half. Game almost given away in first 8 minutes.

Hopefully the shooting and energy can be brought to Hartford. Nice win. Huge game Tuesday. And we did close it out tonight. Too close for comfort but three games closed in a row.

Reaction Score
I've been worried for weeks. Worried we would get exposed in our stretch run against a bunch of good teams. End up a bubble team needing multiple BE tournament wins to make the NCAA. But the Xavier win should do it. Just need to hold serve against gtown and depaul.

Nice work DH. We are in a very good position to make the NCAA two years in a row. First time in a decade? Is that right? Geez.. worthy of a minor celebration

The team is also fighting super hard. As hard as we have fought in years.

Reaction Score
Solid game overall minus that super sloppy stretch with RJ out. Gaff needs Dre on the court as a second ball handler any time RJ is out. Really wish Sool got some more run early in the season so he could step in and contribute in moments like that. Still happy with the result as they eventually closed it out.

Hopefully Justin Edwards enjoyed it!!

Reaction Score
I've been worried for weeks. Worried we would get exposed in our stretch run against a bunch of good teams. End up a bubble team needing multiple BE tournament wins to make the NCAA. But the Xavier win should do it. Just need to hold serve against gtown and depaul.

Nice work DH. We are in a very good position to make the NCAA two years in a row. First time in a decade? Is that right? Geez.. worthy of a minor celebration

The team is also fighting super hard. As hard as weve fought in years.
Tourney bid locked for sure

Reaction Score
Still would to see a 40 minute effort from this team. Thought we might get a Calhoun-esque timeout after 40 seconds of play to start the 2nd half. Still love his game, but AJ can't come out like he did today. Aside from the breakout layup, he looked asleep or disinterested.

I thought he and Martin secretly switched teams for the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Reaction Score
Probably the biggest Jekyll Hyde you'll ever see but in the end we only surrendered 6 points in the second half debacle. We showed how good/great we can be and how bad we can be. Sanogo and Cole simply need to stay on the court.

Cole singlehandedly saved the game when the wheels were completely off. Absolutely no excuse for 9 turnovers in first 6 minutes of the second half/5 turnovers in a row/13 turnovers in first 12 minutes of second half. In the end we took care of business in these two games setting up the clash with Nova Tuesday night. Crowd was insane today and I'm sure Justin Edwards loved the show.

Reaction Score
That was a scary 2nd half. I don’t even know what was happening with those passes. Just so bizarre. Huge opportunity coming up next week.

Also this team is just night and day so much better when Polley plays like that. I want the ball in his hands when it comes down to free throws at the end of games. That’s two games in a row now that Cole missed his 1 & 1. Polley needs to be at the line.

Reaction Score
That was a scary 2nd half. I don’t even know what was happening with those passes. Just so bizarre. Huge opportunity coming up next week.

Also this team is just night and day so much better when Polley plays like that. I want the ball in his hands when it comes down to free throws at the end of games. That’s two games in a row now that Cole missed his 1 & 1. Polley needs to be at the line.
Cole was exhausted

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The crowd was amazing
the crowd behind the benches and scorers table seemed rigid and quiet on tv. Barely moved with seats empty. The rest of the crowd seemed amped

Reaction Score
Decent game outside of that truly atrocious stretch to begin the second half. Refs were allowing contact, Xavier adjusted, and took UConn a while to do the same. But a win is a win and Polley and Whaley both came up huge.
I’d say better than decent if not for the one stretch, a double digit victory vs a quality opponent is a good win for us.

Reaction Score
Cole prove again that he is the leader and catalyst of this team.

The first half he had a few assists with Sanogo and Polley doing the damage and then stepped up in the second half with his scoring and toughness when Sanogo and everyone else couldn’t do anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The crowd was amazing
DC12A304-14D0-4C3D-B1A9-0CC1502DCE28.jpeg

Reaction Score

Cole is battling injuries and was absolutely spent. Polley is one of the best ft shooters in the country but I'm totally comfortable with RJ at the line. He's saved us so many times this season.

Reaction Score
Cole was exhausted
I hate running the clock down when Cole is getting pressured like that during the lost 2 possessions. It tires him out and maybe related to missed FT

Have Martin or Jackson handle it for the first 15 seconds and then have Cole come get the ball to initiate the office.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom