Xavier Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw last 6 minutes at The Black Seal. The treys!!!!!

Reaction Score
Even great teams lose games. Very disappointed with the defense effort, especially from sanogo. Disappointed with Hurley too. Refs were bad but we didn’t force them into many calls. This was always gonna be tough, now let’s rebound and murder Providence

Reaction Score
Played a grind it out game in tough environment. The opponents shot the lights out. The foul situation was unbalanced. It takes the pressure of being undefeated away. It gives Hurley stuff to work on and will make the players focus a little sharper.

In the big picture, it means very little. A very winnable game if they take care of details. Danny seemed to be hunting that technical, almost like he wanted it.

Reaction Score
That TECH on Hurley deflated UCONN’s ballon a bit but they just could not get it together today. What was that TECH for??

Reaction Score
Its 1 loss, not the end of the world. I'm sure this place will overreact though.

Here's how I think of it.

I'm fine with losses when shots don't fall, players make mistakes, whatever. I can't reasonably expect a bunch of 20 year olds to be perfect every night.

When I look back at the game and think our coach was the primary problem in the last 10 minutes of the game? Then I'm rightfully upset. He's being paid 3 million a year, and part of that is shutting the hell up when the game is on the line. Or playing your 7-2 star freshman more than 7 minutes in a game where our starting center is playing terrible.

Reaction Score
I feel like the exact player we were missing today was Samson Johnson. Karavan was getting bullied inside and not hitting his shots, Samson would’ve been exactly what we needed I think. Also Hassan should’ve played more in the 2H

Reaction Score
We were bound to lose a game.

A lot to learn from that game. We will be a better team for it.

I thought our sub pattern was the main reason we lost this game. Karaban was struggling out there all game on D. Just absolutely abused. Why he got so much run is beyond me.

We made our runs with Clingan & Diarra on the court. Why they didn't get any run for the last ~10 minutes is a mystery.

This is the first game I thought we strayed from our winning strategy of finding the players needed to beat the other team…regardless of who it was.

And go figure, we lost.

Reaction Score
Xavier shot 4-13 from three.

Andre shot 4-12 from three.

It looked bad because he was jacking up shots at the end. But he was a respectable .333. Take that all year from him.

Reaction Score
Danny seemed to be hunting that technical, almost like he wanted it.

He absolutely was not. Don't be ridiculous.

Your general point is true though. I said before the game that this feels like a first loss to me. Xavier away is a damn tough game. We were bound to lose at some point, and this might be an important spark.

I feel bad for Providence. This team is going to be hungry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom