Xavier Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The loss is totally fine to me — of course you don’t want to lose, but you’re not going undefeated and there are far worse losses than Xavier on the road.

And while I love Dan, I hate how he regularly loses his composure in big moments or games. I am confident that he will grow, but it’s so hard to watch him lose it emotionally and strategically. You just can’t be acting like Anger from Inside Out.

Reaction Score
The uneven refereeing ruined the game for me - ticky tack all day long on UConn playing D but anything goes for Xavier on D?

It was so uneven that kind of like we were playing more than just Xavier - I don’t sweat Xavier - they won’t get this type of white glove treatment in CT or the Big E Tourney.

Reaction Score
4/9 until the desperation heaves. I was wrong about Andre, and I'm happy to admit it

Reaction Score
Chicago Bulls Sport GIF by ESPN

We love you DH! We all accept DH as who he is, but he needs to know whenever he lets his emotions gets the better of him, nothing good will happen. In all honesty, I’d rather this happened in December than in March.

Reaction Score
I'm happy DH pushed for the technical. Refs needed a louder in-game message to highlight the free throw disparity. Just asked for it 2-3 minutes too late.

Xavier should get credit for their offensive performance. An older, highly disciplined team that consistently takes the right shot. End of the day, we have more talent and should've won.

Tough matchup for Sanogo. Newton is slowly fading into the background in conference play. Hopefully, he figures it out.

Reaction Score
Played a grind it out game in tough environment. The opponents shot the lights out. The foul situation was unbalanced. It takes the pressure of being undefeated away. It gives Hurley stuff to work on and will make the players focus a little sharper.

In the big picture, it means very little. A very winnable game if they take care of details. Danny seemed to be hunting that technical, almost like he wanted it.
Hopefully Hurley can take it as a learning experience too. He can take some responsibility for a stupid T.

Reaction Score
Pretty terrible game for everyone not named Andre Jackson, and as a few people have said the subs were subpar. I think a lot of that is having no options other than Karaban at the 4, so Samson will help there. Hopefully this is the wakeup call the team needed that they won't just coast through the season

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Not great D, turnovers and couldn’t make big shots down the stretch today. It happens…you either win or learn.

Have a Happy New Year!

Reaction Score
I was hoping to get to this game undefeated once it looked like we might for this reason. Taking the L on the road against a good conference opponent isn't going to kill you.
The tech by Hurley was embarrassing. Terrible to get that at that point in the game. It energized their crowd and UConn played with the same loss of composure their coach showed the rest of the way. That part was very disappointing.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying this is ok by any means because it’s not ok. I say that because when you say it’s okay then you won’t get better.

We got outplayed and out coached it happens. We’ll have a hungrier team that should be sharper from this game. Going back to the drawing board, let’s not lose sight of the big picture.

Reaction Score
I still think we're the best team in the nation. It's just that we're still learning how to prove it.

Also we're still learning how to play together. This squad has never faced adversity like they did today.

We will be fine, this road loss changes nothing about my expectation of winning the BE crown.

Reaction Score
Clingan needs to play more, specifically when a team has 2 bigs that play like freemantle and nunge do.

Karaban got absolutely lit up on defense all game and clearly teams have ID'd that on tape and are gameplanning for it. Becoming a clear problem with the first couple Big East games. Too small to reliably play bigs tough, too slow to keep up with guards on the perimeter in space.

With that said, we lost to a top 15ish team on the road who shot the lights out and had a 26-9 free throw advantage.

Not going to make too much of it, just need to adjust better

Reaction Score
I'm happy DH pushed for the technical. Refs needed a louder in-game message to highlight the free throw disparity. Just asked for it 2-3 minutes too late.

Xavier should get credit for their offensive performance. An older, highly disciplined team that consistently takes the right shot. End of the day, we have more talent and should've won.

Tough matchup for Sanogo. Newton is slowly fading into the background in conference play. Hopefully, he figures it out.
Just commented on Tristan in another chat. But do we hand diarra the keys? Risk his spark? Will newton be able to provide a lift if our 2nd line which is based on speed and mayhem (sans dc)? Bring alleyne back?

Reaction Score
I agree with the foul disparity, but it was also somewhat of a product of all the threes being shot.

I feel like BE play started we are not getting downhill as much as we need to. I am fine with the open shots, even Jackson’s, but we need to drive more to create fouls.

Reaction Score
No answer for Freemantle and Hunter.. "House whistle" by the refs.. AJax had a great floor game.. Needed our shooters shooting in last ten minutes--Gotta be able to get open... Can't give up 4 pts with the T ..Momentum changer..

Learn from film and get ready for PC..

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Do we really need multiple anti Hurley threads? Come on guys. We're better than that. Look at the box score. We missed a lot of shots (41%) and they made a lot of shots (53%). It's not rocket science. We're going to get everybody's best shot especially in their building. We lost to a ranked team that played very well. Let's accept it and not hammer our coach or the refs. (Well hammer the refs a little - LOL)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom