Xavier Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
We just handled the hottest team in the conference 2 days ago. Disappointing loss, sure. But chill out and go eat some ice cream. It ain’t that bad
He said that in his post and everything else he said in his post is true.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Even with our weak OOC, most major conference schools would have a similar or worse record than us with our schedule. If you really think anybody in America would be 21-2 or 20-3 with our schedule... The Big East is a war this year- 7 out of 11 teams are projected in the field. You could make a legitimate argument that if St. John's or DePaul played in the Pac-12 or ACC, they would also be tournament teams.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I actually don't believe Hurley coached better or worse. I think what happened is that we have a very inconsistent team and for a team as experienced as they are they shouldn't play as inconsistent as they do. I think that is on Hurley. Some may say but poly what about UK or Duke they don't show up every game, well yes but they are also led by freshmen... So while we played poorly today I want to see a consistent level of play from the team and that is on the coach.

Reaction Score
Just really think everyone needs to relax a touch. Several situations of wide open shots not dropping, bounces going Xavier’s way, and TWO technicals. Not a bad team not a bad place just didn’t turn out
Agree! I lost count of how many times X got a bounce their way. We just could not hit a basket to save our arses. The two technicals were not any help and very stupid.

Reaction Score
A good team wins this game tonight. Xavier showed nothing. We showed less. Stop making excuses.
Who the hell made an excuse. You saying a good team wins this game means absolutely nothing and can be backed up by……nothing. We lost a game on the road we could’ve won(not should’ve). It’s disappointing. Being mad about it is hilarious. This is who we are this season. Adjust your expectations……or be mad…..constantly

Reaction Score
I actually don't believe Hurley coached better or worse. I think what happened is that we have a very inconsistent team and for a team as experienced as they are they shouldn't play as inconsistent as they do. I think that is on Hurley. Some may say but poly what about UK or Duke they don't show up every game, well yes but they are also led by freshmen... So while we played poorly today I want to see a consistent level of play from the team and that is on the coach.

Thank you Poly. A man of reason. You must have learned to trade jabs at some other forum somewhere.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about?
This loss does not hurt or season. I used the English language rather clearly. Our prospects for this season are no better or worse than they were yesterday

Reaction Score
Every loss is a bad loss here. We know how the next couple of days go on the yard. Missed opportunity, boneheaded mistakes. I’ll be back Sunday after we beat St John’s. Go Huskies
Great. Nothing to see or discuss with another loss to an upper half BE team. Nothing to wonder about a "coach" who acts more like a person on this board than a courtside leader. See you after beating a bottom 3 BE team so we can all chest-bump and say we should be "Top Ten." That will be real exciting.

Reaction Score
It was a frustrating loss because of how many stupid decisions went into it from UConn. Lots of bad/missed passes, the two Ts, defensive lapses that led to insanely easy post points, stupid fouls... It’s frustrating watching a team shoot themselves in the foot.

Reaction Score
He said that in his post and everything else he said in his post is true.
Wrong. He said we can’t play well close games which is factually untrue. The boneyard created that. Sometimes we play well down the stretch, sometimes we don’t. Saying otherwise is what we call “gassing”

Reaction Score
Great. Nothing to see or discuss with another loss to an upper half BE team. Nothing to wonder about a "coach" who acts more like a person on this board than a courtside leader. See you after beating a bottom 3 BE team so we can all chest-bump and say we should be "Top Ten." That will be real exciting.
Where were you after Marquette? Where have you been during any win?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
A good team wins this game tonight. Xavier showed nothing. We showed less. Stop making excuses.
Not necessarily. Good teams lose to other good teams. Good teams sometimes don't run on all cylinders 100% of the time. If I'm not mistaken, there's not a team in Division I that doesn't have at least 2 losses, and there are many teams with great records who have several wins by a point or two. Losses happen to good teams, but good teams learn from their losses and use them to improve.

Reaction Score
Who the hell made an excuse. You saying a good team wins this game means absolutely nothing and can be backed up by……nothing. We lost a game on the road we could’ve won(not should’ve). It’s disappointing. Being mad about it is hilarious. This is who we are this season. Adjust your expectations……or be mad…..constantly
I am not mad at all. I realized a while back this team has major limitations. Seems to me you are the one who needs to temper expectations. No offense, but there was very little that you could take positively by tonight’s effort. Truth is, we have been exposed. Good teams can easily adjust to slow us down and make us play a half court game. The only reason we won vs Marquette was because for some reason Shaka thought he could run with us. We better win on Sunday. If not, this can spiral quickly.

Reaction Score
We had every opportunity to win this one, but choked harder than Ted Bundy each time. Winnable losses are hard to take.

Reaction Score
I'm sure plenty will jump all over me for this, but I saw Jackson fight his a** off tonight. He defended all their skilled guards and wings all night and did an ok job. Its unfortunate how the game ended for him, but he was kicking and screaming every moment he played. I hope hope hope we get this dude 4 years. Sanogo as well.

Reaction Score
I am not mad at all. I realized a while back this team has major limitations. Seems to me you are the one who needs to temper expectations. No offense, but there was very little that you could take positively by tonight’s effort. Truth is, we have been exposed. Good teams can easily adjust to slow us down and make us play a half court game. The only reason we won vs Marquette was because for some reason Shaka thought he could run with us. We better win on Sunday. If not, this can spiral quickly.
Who is a good team in your opinion this season? Just so we can end this ridiculousness of determining whose “good” by if the won a certain game on the road.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Good teams lose to other good teams. Good teams sometimes don't run on all cylinders 100% of the time. If I'm not mistaken, there's not a team in Division I that doesn't have at least 2 losses, and there are many teams with great records who have several wins by a point or two. Losses happen to good teams, but good teams learn from their losses and use them to improve.
Agreed. There are no great teams this season. It’s one big jumbled mess

Reaction Score
Yes, good teams sometimes lose. I get that. Xavier had nothing tonight. We had less. A good team wins tonight. It’s really that simple.

Reaction Score
I think there's plenty of positives to take away even if the negatives far outweighed them. But that's a different issue. Do we ever get credit for wins or is it just all luck that the other teams have let us win this year?

Reaction Score
Yes, good teams sometimes lose. I get that. Xavier had nothing tonight. We had less. A good team wins tonight. It’s really that simple.
Does a good team beat Marquette at Marquette? Asking for a friend. This is so dumb lmao

Reaction Score
Who is a good team in your opinion this season? Just so we can end this ridiculousness of determining whose “good” by if the won a certain game on the road.
Villanova would have won this game by 20. Marquette, providence, seton hall.
Hell, even creighton would have won. Did you not see Xavier had nothing? We were lifeless. That is not the sign of a good team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom