WVU board saying Rutgers and Louisville to the Big 12 deal going down | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WVU board saying Rutgers and Louisville to the Big 12 deal going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And being focused on basketball is what we should do. The fact is, our football program is still light years behind other programs. Yes, we've been able to get to a BCS game, but let's be honest. In a world of 4 super conferences, we're hardly going to crack the top without a serious change in culture (and I really don't think moving to one conference over the other will change that. Need an example...see Colorado, or Iowa State, or Ole Miss, etc. etc. etc.) UConn should be committed to football, but they should be making any decision with at least 50% of the input coming from the basketball program. Without that program, UConn could possibly fade from public limelight.

I want our football program to succeed, but I also know that right now, we're a long long long way from being a household name in college football.
We are focused on football. We developed football facilities before state-of-the-art basketball facilities (apart from Gampel in 1990). If I am correct, we also recruit classes stronger than Iowa State now. With the right conference affiliation, we can develop our football program into a northeast powerhouse.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Of course if they're not in their seats before kickoff, they're detained and shipped off to work camps. Other than that...
I like the way you think epark...there may be a Sports Ministry position for you in the new regime...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we can treat bc like north korea treats south korea.

Reaction Score
Forgot to say, if you think the ACC will not be raided, you should really just stfu.
The only conferences with a 0% chance of being raided/disbanding are the SEC and B1G, and the latter ain't taking us.

Reaction Score
Down in NJ, they are hoping & praying for an invite to the BiG. Paterno was big supporter of this, which could mean that Rutgers is desperate now. But, I still see the BiG wanting a foothold in the NYC market. uConn could give the BiG that, too.
I do see Louisville joining WVU in the B12. Cincy I think is the odd one out. No way they get into the SEC or BiG. I can see USF as an alternative for the B12 to get into Florida or as a fall back for the ACC if FSU jumps to the SEC.

Reaction Score
The only conferences with a 0% chance of being raided/disbanding are the SEC and B1G, and the latter ain't taking us.
You don't know. We have been brought up for B1G expansion before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom