WTNH: UConn is finding out just how competitive Dan Hurley practices are... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WTNH: UConn is finding out just how competitive Dan Hurley practices are...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This may be the single dumbest post I've seen in quite some time. Congratulations.

Maybe, but this one is rather weird:

Well to be quite frank, I feel like you guys are just getting too emotional when talking about him just because he’s an alumni. Personally, I couldn’t care less that he’s an alumni, he has made UConn a complete joke the last few years and that’s all that matters to me. WINNING.
This might be controversial but keep in mind I don’t have a connection to the University besides being a big fan. I’d like to go there one day, but not right now.

Reaction Score
Well to be quite frank, I feel like you guys are just getting too emotional when talking about him just because he’s an alumni. Personally, I couldn’t care less that he’s an alumni, he has made UConn a complete joke the last few years and that’s all that matters to me. WINNING.
This might be controversial but keep in mind I don’t have a connection to the University besides being a big fan. I’d like to go there one day, but not right now.

What could possibly have sounded emotional in my post?

"Winning" is still hilarious, by the way. Hope you can go to UConn when you're old enough for college.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
What could possibly have sounded emotional in my post?

"Winning" is still hilarious, by the way. Hope you can go to UConn when you're old enough for college.
Wouldn’t say emotional, but defensice

Reaction Score
If you go to college perhaps you will learn that “Alumni” is the plural of alumnus. Kevin Ollie is an alumnus of the University of Connecticut. Kemba Walker, Kevin Ollie and I are alumni. Unless there are 2 or more Kevin Ollies who graduated from UCONN. In that case, they would be alumni. Misuse of alumni/alumnus drives me nuts. Sorry.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you go to college perhaps you will learn that “Alumni” is the plural of alumnus. Kevin Ollie is an alumnus of the University of Connecticut. Kemba Walker, Kevin Ollie and I are alumni. Unless there are 2 or more Kevin Ollies who graduated from UCONN. In that case, they would be alumni. Misuse of alumni/alumnus drives me nuts. Sorry.
Admittedly off-point on this board, but where do you stand with alumna/alumnae?

pj

Reaction Score
All of your hard work only to end up with "learboard."

Little known history -- Facebook was almost called Leerboard. But Zuckerberg thought the name was too honest.

Reaction Score
Here’s what drives me nuts Posts like this. Oh wait I just posted one

Reaction Score
Do we really have to bring up KO in every thread? Whether or not you have an irrational hatred of the man or irrationally think he did a good job and got a raw deal, I think it's time in threads about the 18-19 Huskies to just let it go.
Yes, please and thank you, . Some folks need to just stop. The only KO topic should be the "contract issue" and that's it. Unless smoking male sausage is your hobby let KO be.

Reaction Score
Yes, please and thank you, . Some folks need to just stop. The only KO topic should be the "contract issue" and that's it. Unless smoking male sausage is your hobby let KO be.

This was good until the male sausage piece you could have blown that piece off!;)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Has summer session #2 started yet? I know we saved up a bunch of coaching hours for session 2. I really want to see how Yakwe looks.

Reaction Score
This was good until the male sausage piece you could have blown that piece off!;)
That is a fact. I hope I did not offend anyone, but the Ollie bashing is starting to take a turn left.

Reaction Score
So it’s ok bash Ollie if you have a hobby like the one you mentioned? I’m new at this so I’m trying to get the rules straight.

Reaction Score
I’m trying not to get too excited by Hurley. But he is making it hard. I keep thinking about how pumped everyone was about Diaco who turned out to be both awful and crazy. And I seriously worry about any team that relies on a guy who has played 6 games in 2 years. But the guy is getting buy in and the team seems to be working hard and unlike wacky Bob he has a track record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom