Wrong team for KLS? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wrong team for KLS?

Reaction Score
KLS' performance is no surprise to anyone paying attention. She was a good not great college player who did her best against the JV teams on the schedule, she struggled against the iron. The WNBA is all iron.

I guess those people who run the Chicago Sky are a bunch of fools for wasting a 4th pick of the draft on Lou.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I guess those people who run the Chicago Sky are a bunch of fools for wasting a 4th pick of the draft on Lou.:rolleyes:
I have always been a supporter and fan of Lou, but in reality, the scouting of the WNBA teams leaves a lot to be desired. Some teams consistently make bad picks. Except for the top few picks the WNBA is not as dependent on draft picks as the NBA or some other professional sports. I doubt they put a lot of resources into scouting players. Even the level of coaching in the WNBA is not as good as the top-level college coaches. I would not put too much store in the competence of their scouting staff. If they even have a scouting staff? The WNBA, in general, is an organization filled with incompetence.

As I stated in previous posts- Often teams make mistakes in respect to the players the draft. The fact that there are threads discussing how Lou is on the wrong team is evidence of that. I also believe she is on the wrong team and that translates to the team making a mistake in drafting a player that does not fit in their system. Fortunately she was a high enough draft pick and had a good rep coming out of college that she will be given an opportunity at least with another team if it doesn't work out where she is at. The team they are drafted by has a major influence on a players level of success.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
KLS' performance is no surprise to anyone paying attention. She was a good not great college player who did her best against the JV teams on the schedule, she struggled against the iron. The WNBA is all iron.

Besides a "feeling" and an opinion did you actually run the numbers and compare the how Lou performed against the "iron" teams and the JV teams? Once a customer's techie was complaining about our product not working correctly. I asked him if he had read the product manual. His answer and yours are undoubtedly the same. No! ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What’s your definition of troll he over 17000 posts men’s and women’s board

Reaction Score
I have always been a supporter and fan of Lou, but in reality, the scouting of the WNBA teams leaves a lot to be desired. Some teams consistently make bad picks. Except for the top few picks the WNBA is not as dependent on draft picks as the NBA or some other professional sports. I doubt they put a lot of resources into scouting players. Even the level of coaching in the WNBA is not as good as the top-level college coaches. I would not put too much store in the competence of their scouting staff. If they even have a scouting staff? The WNBA, in general, is an organization filled with incompetence.

As I stated in previous posts- Often teams make mistakes in respect to the players the draft. The fact that there are threads discussing how Lou is on the wrong team is evidence of that. I also believe she is on the wrong team and that translates to the team making a mistake in drafting a player that does not fit in their system. Fortunately she was a high enough draft pick and had a good rep coming out of college that she will be given an opportunity at least with another team if it doesn't work out where she is at. The team they are drafted by has a major influence on a players level of success.

I am not saying whether the Sky made a mistake in drafting a player that does not fit in their system, I was just responding to the post which basically says Lou is not that good of a player and always struggled against the better teams in college because that is just not true. Lou has had some great game against very good teams.

Reaction Score
Lou and the Sky need to part ways. I just hope Lou’s mother going off on Twitter (bad mouthing the coach and getting into fights with internet randoms) isn’t going to reduce the interests of other teams, a la what was rumored about the Lexie Brown situation last season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lou and the Sky need to part ways. I just hope Lou’s mother going off on Twitter (bad mouthing the coach and getting into fights with internet randoms) isn’t going to reduce the interests of other teams, a la what was rumored about the Lexie Brown situation last season.

Lexie Brown's mother did that? :eek::confused::confused::oops:

Reaction Score
On the men's side, there are a lot of really good men's college basketball players who's game just doesn't translate to the pro game. It's no ones fault. It is what it is. Adam Morrison was a great college player. His game didn't translate to the NBA. He just was not athletic enough or quick enough to play in the NBA. Lou was an excellent college basketball player. Will her game translate to the WNBA game?? Only time will tell. She will need to work on improving her quickness and being able to create her own shot. The WNBA and College basketball are not the same game. I hope she can get it done.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Not one of Lou's moms tweets were responded too, so I have no idea where you think she was getting into fights with internet randoms. Not one tweet mentions the coach by name either.

Reaction Score
Not one of Lou's moms tweets were responded too, so I have no idea where you think she was getting into fights with internet randoms. Not one tweet mentions the coach by name either.
Uh. Yes.

On the second point: she hasn't said "Coach Wade" but she has made plenty of other statements where it is clear she's referencing her yougest daughter's current coach. On the first point: the most recent exchanges just from the past 24 hours are in a thread started by one of the female writers for Chicago on The Athletic, following some replies by a Sky fan account and a fan, as well as calling a fan who watches Karlie and Lou a "doofus" and a "twitter creeper, use your real name or get lost" for saying they have watched Karlie's games in Belgium and she can't wait for Lou to get more playing time at SF because she's not fast enough to be a SG in the WNBA.

You can DM me if you need a direct link.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

But this is just funny to me because this Bryant Payne always has the loudest bad takes on twitter. I love that she called him out on acting like he has any idea "what HC Wade wants her to learn".

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
View attachment 45594

But this is just funny to me because this Bryant Payne always has the loudest bad takes on twitter. I love that she called him out on acting like he has any idea "what HC Wade wants her to learn".
Did not see those posts on her twitter feed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
View attachment 45594

There is no bigger fool on twitter (on wbb) than this Payne guy. Too funny.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Last year stats for Lou--no Kia or Gabby or Z on the team
I only took top 20 teams, at the time UConn played them
DePaul 23 points and 8 rebounds
ND 15 points and 5 rebounds
Cal 20 points and 11 rebounds
Baylor 12 points and 11 rebounds
Louisville 16 points and 3 rebounds
South Car 29 points and 7 rebounds
Louisville(NCAA Tournament) 29 points 2 rebounds
ND (NCAA Tournament) 20 points and 2 rebounds

Average 20.5 ppg and 6 rebounds per game vs the "iron"

Since Lou averaged 18.5 ppg overall, she actually performed better against the "iron" then the "JV" teams.

Reaction Score
Not one tweet mentions the coach by name either.

But we all know who she’s talking about...
There is a person going on a twitter storM against the Sky's coach. No OTHER person was involved but now a club coach has also Jumped in. It has been going ON for at lEaSt 2-3 weeks but not 38 weeks It is a Bold move, IMO.:eek:.

Reaction Score

Since Lou averaged 18.5 ppg overall, she actually performed better against the "iron" then the "JV" teams.

Don't try to confuse people with actual stats!

Reaction Score
View attachment 45594

Will the 'real' mother Jones please stand-up. After 4-years at Uconn this 'mother', who took a oath of silence in voice and being, has come out . Where is dad? He was everywhere. Can both dad and mor not be out at the same time?
This thread reminds of the endless discussion here about Geno's refusal to play his recruits. Maybe the KLS saga is a precursor for the dam breaking completely this coming season when [........] get to sit and watch in the name of development.
As for teams making the wrong pick. Really. It does happen that a player turned out to be unable to achieve the level of excellence spelled out by the team, but this is always a possibility. That she is sitting is hardly an argument for talking about bad choice or wrong team. The WNBA isn't awash in penny to make silly decisions, as some here are suggesting.

Reaction Score

Well said.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
So obviously KLS's mom thinks she's getting the shaft in Chicago. It's hard to know at this point what part of this is KLS being chosen by the wrong team, her injury, her not being as good as the players above her, or just not being given a chance. It should be noted, since she's returned, the Sky are 7-2 (though mostly against the bottom feeders of the league).

That being said, this seems to me to potentially be like a Lexie Brown situation, who has seen her production and minutes expand exponentially this year now that she is in Minnesota instead of CT (how much of that is simply getting more chances in MN versus her simply being better as a second year pro I don't know--probably a combo).

Reaction Score
So obviously KLS's mom thinks she's getting the shaft in Chicago. ....

Can you point me to where in that Twitter exchange that shows Lou's mom thinks she is getting the shaft in Chicago? It certainly is not obvious to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom