Wrong team for KLS? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wrong team for KLS?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There may be a lot going on behind the scenes that the general public, forum boards included, knows nothing about.
If you followed Lou's mom on twitter, or know her as I do, you know she has never complained about any coach at any level, club, high school, or college, for any of her daughters. She has complained about bad calls, so have I and so has everyone else. If she wants to vent on twitter, that is her right. I know whats up and I would give her space and not compare her to some other parents. This has a lot more to do with playing time. Lets hope for the best for Lou, who always gives it her all.

Reaction Score
LA would have been the best place for her. She would likely have Mabrey's spot and role on that team.

Reaction Score
LA would have been the best place for her. She would likely have Mabrey's spot and role on that team.
Seattle would be a great place for Lou once Sue gets back. They get Sue, Stewie, and Ezi back plus a 1st round draft pick, Lou would fit well there. That's Ezi Magbegor, who Lauren Jackson is working with, and at 19 was on there national team at the world championship

Reaction Score
Seattle would be a great place for Lou once Sue gets back. They get Sue, Stewie, and Ezi back plus a 1st round draft pick, Lou would fit well there. That's Ezi Magbegor, who Lauren Jackson is working with, and at 19 was on there national team at the world championship
Love to see her in Seattle. With Breanna and Sue out, I switched to following Sky. But LA is better fit for her. First, however, I would like to see 25 minutes in Chicago to get a better picture.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I definitely agree KLS could have Mabrey's spot, though Mabrey is only averaging 13mpg, and even that is padded because of injuring/suspensions to Beard and Raquina Williams.

If she went to Seattle I'd bet the minutes she takes are those of Mosqueda-Lewis.

Reaction Score
I definitely agree KLS could have Mabrey's spot, though Mabrey is only averaging 13mpg, and even that is padded because of injuring/suspensions to Beard and Raquina Williams.

If she went to Seattle I'd bet the minutes she takes are those of Mosqueda-Lewis.
Actually she would be a better fit on Seattle then Whitcome or KML. She could backup Clark at the 3 or Loyd at the 2.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Agreed, might also be competing for minutes w/ Zellous. Clark and Whitcomb have been playing really well lately, can't see her as being better than either of them. Loyd is struggling a bit after coming back from an injury but she's a multiple time all-star.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Actually she would be a better fit on Seattle then Whitcome

Strongly disagree.

Ideally Whitcomb would be a spark off the bench if everyone was healthy, but she is the ultimate hustle player and a terror on defense. She's a streaky shooter but she can get really hot. What exactly has KLS demonstrated that she can do better at the professional level than Whitcomb? I know it's a small sample size for Lou, but Sami is a critical player for the Storm. She turned the tide in a couple playoff games on their run to the Championship that they wouldn't have won without her.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I haven't watched a lot of Sparks but I've got the impression from what I've read/heard that Mabrey is playing at least some point guard. Could be wrong.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What’s your definition of troll he over 17000 posts men’s and women’s board
He's running a slow con?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess those people who run the Chicago Sky are a bunch of fools for wasting a 4th pick of the draft on Lou.:rolleyes:
Not as bad as the Sun when they took Banham and Tuck at 3 and 4. But yeah, it's a bad pick.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched a lot of Sparks but I've got the impression from what I've read/heard that Mabrey is playing at least some point guard. Could be wrong.
She does, and she does a pretty good job at it too. Maybe they could have played together than. Since if KLS slid down to 7th, then the Sparks wouldn't have been able to take Brown. I'm sure Mabrey would still be available in the second round.

KLS to Seattle means she would take KML's spot. They are both 3 point shooters in W, at least on paper. KML hasn't been consistent, and KLS hasn't gotten much opportunity. Give me Whitcomb over KML every day of the week in the W.

Reaction Score
There may be a lot going on behind the scenes that the general public, forum boards included, knows nothing about.
If you followed Lou's mom on twitter, or know her as I do, you know she has never complained about any coach at any level, club, high school, or college, for any of her daughters. She has complained about bad calls, so have I and so has everyone else. If she wants to vent on twitter, that is her right. I know whats up and I would give her space and not compare her to some other parents. This has a lot more to do with playing time. Lets hope for the best for Lou, who always gives it her all.
Lou has always been a star, so there wasn’t really a reason to complain. A few WNBA fans were saying last year that if Lou could transition to the power forward her game could really be special, in Chicago minutes on the wing will be hard to come by when she has DD and Ally getting most of the minutes and deservingly so.

Reaction Score
Wrong team? Nope. Just a few months ago (4 to be exact), there was an article written in which there was high praise for KLS joining the Sky. This is the right team for her. She just got hit with some injuries that threw her game & timing off. She will be okay once she kicks those injuries and can develop some timing & chemistry with her teammates. She is too talented to not be of good use to any team. She is going to be great.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the coaching in Chicago leaves a lot to be desired. Someone needs to figure out the nuances in the foul calling and then give the bigs some insight. KLS could have had 20 pts yesterday if they just passed the ball to her. Vegas was leaving her open so why not burn them or at least make them defend 5 players.

Reaction Score
Nice game for KLS. Her defense looked good and Cambage didn’t scare her. She earned more minutes.
I thought her defensive aggressiveness was great, especially compared to how most of the Sky players play defense. As is true at any level, defense is what separates the good teams from the championship teams. She showed no signs of being shy about contact.

Reaction Score
I thought her defensive aggressiveness was great, especially compared to how most of the Sky players play defense. As is true at any level, defense is what separates the good teams from the championship teams. She showed no signs of being shy about contact.
Thanks... I didn't see the game, but checked the Box Score and was pleased to see Lou played 14 minutes...which is of course a lot more than normal...if she even gets in. Thanks for the assessment of how she played...wish I could have seen it. Maybe the coach is starting to gain some confidence in her? :rolleyes:

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Correct. Mabrey does fill in at point guard. She has alot of versatility in the roles she can play and that adds to her value.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the coaching in Chicago leaves a lot to be desired. Someone needs to figure out the nuances in the foul calling and then give the bigs some insight. KLS could have had 20 pts yesterday if they just passed the ball to her. Vegas was leaving her open so why not burn them or at least make them defend 5 players.
In the few minutes she’s played she has been open and ignored many times. In last night’s game Vegas crowded the basket and yet—Deshields, I think—dove right in and lost the ball while KLS was so open even I could have hit the three...well, maybe not me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom