WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
BCU? Is that TCU, VCU, or BC?

Louis- His offers are from UConn, Boston College and West Virginia, so far. There are several others who have been in contact with him as well.

Reaction Score
It's funny reading this stuff. Good thing you guys aren't college scouts. You really need to make an effort to watch rose play live next season instead of just reading his stats and evaluating from your couch. He will be the best QB to ever come out of CT. He just played his first year at varsity QB and he would have shattered all state records if it weren't for the fact that he had to be benched after two and a half quarters in every game but two (no one is talking about that) because of the 50 pt rule. Even in the title game. He stayed in but he was done halfway through the third. He threw 10+ td's to three different receivers and could have had a forth. 71% and 49tds playing part time boys! When was the last time a CT QB completed 70%? Never? I'm telling you that you need to see him. He goes through progressions like a pro and never looks to tuck and run plus he is 6'3" 230 and he just turned 17. BTW there is no chance he is playing D1 TE. He has already been offer QB by a big time program and he will be competing in the nations top QB camps this summer. For the NAIC guys. You are secretly happy that southington didn't play your teams but if they did, those kids would have been able to brag to their friends 10 years from now that they got spanked by Jay Rose. Uconns only chance is to guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter. Anything short of that doesn't give them a chance. His star is about to shine. Watch as open recruiting starts up. As for his receivers, they were good. Everyone will see just how good rose is next season when it's all on his shoulders.

Reaction Score
It's funny reading this stuff. Good thing you guys aren't college scouts. You really need to make an effort to watch rose play live next season instead of just reading his stats and evaluating from your couch. He will be the best QB to ever come out of CT. He just played his first year at varsity QB and he would have shattered all state records if it weren't for the fact that he had to be benched after two and a half quarters in every game but two (no one is talking about that) because of the 50 pt rule. Even in the title game. He stayed in but he was done halfway through the third. He threw 10+ td's to three different receivers and could have had a forth. 71% and 49tds playing part time boys! When was the last time a CT QB completed 70%? Never? I'm telling you that you need to see him. He goes through progressions like a pro and never looks to tuck and run plus he is 6'3" 230 and he just turned 17. BTW there is no chance he is playing D1 TE. He has already been offer QB by a big time program and he will be competing in the nations top QB camps this summer. For the NAIC guys. You are secretly happy that southington didn't play your teams but if they did, those kids would have been able to brag to their friends 10 years from now that they got spanked by Jay Rose. Uconns only chance is to guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter. Anything short of that doesn't give them a chance. His star is about to shine. Watch as open recruiting starts up. As for his receivers, they were good. Everyone will see just how good rose is next season when it's all on his shoulders.

"Uconns only chance is to guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter. Anything short of that doesn't give them a chance." - Really?

Reaction Score
Off topic but relevant - is there a 2016 Recruiting Thread pin-able to the top of the recruiting board somewhere? I think Huskymedic made a list of current offers etc., but since we're now onto the next signing day rotation, figure I'd check in there as opposed to having to hunt through each individually named thread.

Reaction Score
"Uconns only chance is to guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter. Anything short of that doesn't give them a chance." - Really?

Wow Husky72, I thought I was Jay's biggest backer in here. Look, the kid is a serious player. I'm certainly no football coach or college scout, but he has the tools. Yes, he is going to some of the big camps this summer. Yes, he is starting to get attention from some of the big programs. And yes, he will play QB and not TE on the D1 level. I'm not going to comment on the 4yr starter comment, because really, how often does that happen for any D1 QB. I'd love to see Jay play at our home state university and I'd love to be sitting there watching him play on Saturdays. But it's not very likely that he will be going to UConn, as much as I would love to see that happen.

Reaction Score
Um, yes really. If they want him. As I said, he has already gotten d1 QB offers that will make uconn a no go unless they do something special. Keep in mind, uconn doesn't have a QB that can complete a pass. Yes I know the speed at the next level can change things but the one thing college coaches say about rose over and over again is "his football iq is extraordinarily high." It won't matter anyways because once he goes deep in the elite 11 he will get QB offers from all the top schools. Since you don't know what I'm taking about or you are talking about, I will give you this for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nice to meet you, Mr. Rose! I hope to see your son in a UCONN uniform one day.

Reaction Score
Ha! He is way too humble to post here. Look, all I am saying is that sometimes you don't have to be a scout when you see something special. I have nothing to gain and I would love to see Jay in a husky uniform but it won't happen unless they see him as the best QB that they will ever have a shot at and they only have that shot because he is from CT but they need to blow his mind. Believe me or not. It doesn't matter. I know what I am watching when I see him play and a high school player he is not and yet he still has one more year. It will be a real shame if they truly don't do everything they can to get him. I think they can but as I said it will all be based on PT baby.

Reaction Score
Um, yes really. If they want him.

I'm quite familiar w/ the player and have seen him play in person...

My question/comment is specifically the statement regarding that UConn must "guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter." to have a chance...

So if Urban/Nick calls and says hey - come on over/down and compete - he will pass because there's no guarantee he will be the 4 year starter?

Reaction Score
I'm quite familiar w/ the player and have seen him play in person...

My question/comment is specifically the statement regarding that UConn must "guarantee him to be their 4 yr QB starter." to have a chance...

So if Urban/Nick calls and says hey - come on over/down and compete - he will pass because there's no guarantee he will be the 4 year starter?

Reaction Score
I don't know. Would you go to uconn and "compete" to be QB if you had offers to "compete" for an ACC or an SEC team?

Reaction Score
That's a pretty bold statement saying he'll be the best to ever come out of Ct considering we had a 3x superbowl winning QB a superbowl mvp and a pro football HOFer. Big expectations for the kid.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Sounds like Tim Boyle...with that said I hope he stays home.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty bold statement saying he'll be the best to ever come out of Ct considering we had a 3x superbowl winning QB a superbowl mvp and a pro football HOFer. Big expectations for the kid.
You are right. I forgot about Steve young. Second best then. I'm joking but serious about his talent and ability. He has it all. He is huge, accurate, smart. He already plays the game like a pro in terms of reading defense, going through progressions and slipping and sliding in the pocket all while looking down field for the open receiver. You just don't see that in high school players. At least I never have but I also never saw Steve young play in high school.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Um, yes really. If they want him. As I said, he has already gotten d1 QB offers that will make uconn a no go unless they do something special. Keep in mind, uconn doesn't have a QB that can complete a pass. Yes I know the speed at the next level can change things but the one thing college coaches say about rose over and over again is "his football iq is extraordinarily high." It won't matter anyways because once he goes deep in the elite 11 he will get QB offers from all the top schools. Since you don't know what I'm taking about or you are talking about, I will give you this for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.

Please let us know which D1 school has offered him as a QB and I would also like to know how you know that for sure, if you dont mind us asking?
Most recruiting services are still showing him as a TE prospect.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Tim Boyle...with that said I hope he stays home.
I guess you are right. If Tim Boyle completed 190 more passes for 2500 more yards and 38 more touchdowns with a 10% higher comp % in his junior year they do sound a lot alike.

Reaction Score
Easy there people. Putting this kid up against HOF, Super Bowl winning QB's just isn't fair to him. He's a HS junior who just finished his first varsity season at QB. Personally, I think he was the best QB in the state this year. Yes, there are others who may disagree or think another kid was. Just my opinion. After what he did this season, Jay is getting more and more attention. Dilfer's Elite 11 camp is big time and he got invited. That's huge for him. But has any HS kid ever been guaranteed to be a 4 year starter?? Maybe, but I doubt it. Bigger programs are starting to sniff around him. No, that isn't good for UConn. It's not impossible for them to get him. But the more attention he gets, the harder it will be.

Reaction Score
Please let us know which D1 school has offered him as a QB and I would also like to know how you know that for sure, if you dont mind us asking?
Most recruiting services are still showing him as a TE prospect.
I know that I am a tease and I also know the services are still showing TE but that's all I can give you. I never post on these things but maybe the uconn coaches will recognize what they have right under their noses and make a strong play. I'm telling you guys that it would be the best in state move they can make. There is no comparison at all between rose Cochran and Boyle. It's not close. You will be hearing a lot more come April and maybe sooner.

Reaction Score
You are right. I forgot about Steve young. Second best then. I'm joking but serious about his talent and ability. He has it all. He is huge, accurate, smart. He already plays the game like a pro in terms of reading defense, going through progressions and slipping and sliding in the pocket all while looking down field for the open receiver. You just don't see that in high school players. At least I never have but I also never saw Steve young play in high school.
There is a young man by the name of Orlovsky who I heard has been in the NFL for the last 9 years or so. I think he played HS football in CT. Scott Otis played his HS ball at Southington HS and wasn't bad. He also played in the NFL. If Rose compares favorably with those two I. Will be impressed.

Reaction Score
There is a young man by the name of Orlovsky who I heard has been in the NFL for the last 9 years or so. I think he played HS football in CT. Scott Otis played his HS ball at Southington HS and wasn't bad. He also played in the NFL. If Rose compares favorably with those two I. Will be impressed.
Those are some good names. I went to HS with Otis. That's pretty obscure. You must be a southington grad. Poor Otis was robbed. The boy barely ever threw the ball in HS. They were still running the wishbone back then and he still went pro. Yes I know Otis and I watched him play. I am very comfortable putting Jay in that company.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I know that I am a tease and I also know the services are still showing TE but that's all I can give you. I never post on these things but maybe the uconn coaches will recognize what they have right under their noses and make a strong play. I'm telling you guys that it would be the best in state move they can make. There is no comparison at all between rose Cochran and Boyle. It's not close. You will be hearing a lot more come April and maybe sooner.

You lost any credibility you might have had...you cant come here with the 'pro's' and say he has a D1 QB offer and not give the school name...shame on you!

Reaction Score
You lost any credibility you might have had...you cant come here with the 'pro's' and say he has a D1 QB offer and not give the school name...shame on you!
Nice try. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm credible.

Reaction Score
I can see this thread turning in to a similar thread involving a certain Tx player's father from couple yrs ago especially with that 4 yr starter comment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom