WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I looked at CCSU's roster and they have 4 QBs listed and all 4 are frosh. Now I have no idea how good any of them are seeing how Central has won only 2-3 games this year. However, gonna be tough for him to start right away.

However, like many here said, it's his life and I totally respect the decision to live it how you want. If football at a high level doesn't fit for him then good for him to realize it at his young age and go the other route. I wish the kid nothing but the best.

Reaction Score
I have a group of friend that payed at UConn under Tom jackson and Skip Holtz. They talk all the time how even at 1-AA playing football at UConn was a full time job and then some. Their schedule's were made up for them and always included summer school. At the end of the day if Jason decided that wasn't what he wanted then good for him. If he goes to Central and has a 4 year career playing for Pete Rossomando and enjoys playing with his brother, going to school with his GF and getting a college degree then he comes out a winner in my book. It takes more guts to walk away from something than to do it half assed.

Reaction Score
I looked at CCSU's roster and they have 4 QBs listed and all 4 are frosh. Now I have no idea how good any of them are seeing how Central has won only 2-3 games this year. However, gonna be tough for him to start right away.

However, like many here said, it's his life and I totally respect the decision to live it how you want. If football at a high level doesn't fit for him then good for him to realize it at his young age and go the other route. I wish the kid nothing but the best.
Jay will start right away and will be throwing to an old teammate Jamele. Not a bad combo at SHS.

Reaction Score
Even in HS - Football games are fun, but the football season is really, really tough. I was pretty good, one of the best players on my team, and stopped playing because I got injured too many times and the grind wasn't worth it anymore. It's a huge commitment in HS, I can't imagine doing it 24/7 in college. I enjoy coaching football more than I ever enjoyed playing it.
For the high school teams that are successful year-in and year-out, football is year-round. Those teams are lifting together in the off season, attending passing leagues/camps over the summer, and participating in "captain's practices" in the spring prior to spring ball.

Reaction Score
Jay will start right away and will be throwing to an old teammate Jamele. Not a bad combo at SHS.
starting right away? He's that much better than Delagala? and Carlton Aiken? Hope he is... They are struggling down there in New Britain like we are up here in Storrs...

Reaction Score
I have a group of friend that payed at UConn under Tom jackson and Skip Holtz. They talk all the time how even at 1-AA playing football at UConn was a full time job and then some. Their schedule's were made up for them and always included summer school. At the end of the day if Jason decided that wasn't what he wanted then good for him. If he goes to Central and has a 4 year career playing for Pete Rossomando and enjoys playing with his brother, going to school with his GF and getting a college degree then he comes out a winner in my book. It takes more guts to walk away from something than to do it half assed.

Agree well said.

The only baffling thing is why any kid that age would want to be in the same school as his chick? Guess that makes him a good, loyal kid but who would want to be at 18-19 years old? :oops:

Reaction Score
Even in HS - Football games are fun, but the football season is really, really tough. I was pretty good, one of the best players on my team, and stopped playing because I got injured too many times and the grind wasn't worth it anymore. It's a huge commitment in HS, I can't imagine doing it 24/7 in college. I enjoy coaching football more than I ever enjoyed playing it.

Played linebacker for 3 yrs. in college but had to quit at end of junior year because of stingers. Had 2 cervical neck surgeries as a result. Actually could have seriously hurt myself if I kept playing. Going to school and playing ball is demanding. Looking back playing on the golf team would have been the smarter play. LOL!

Reaction Score
I didn't hear this 'story' until the third week of the CFB season - its a story but it makes more and more sense each passing week - my source is someone who lives on the same street as the Rose family does and no reason to make shiite up. Is it true, I dont know for sure...does it make a TON of sense, seems to.

Rose didn't stick out because he missed his GF too much. That simple.

Postings from those who claim to be in the know back up my friends story -

"If his father has any say he will be attending UConn"
"i know a former SHS coach and was told he never had a vested interest in playing high level college FB. especially so far from his signification other"
"His GF goes to CCSU and already has a handshake agreement"

Sorry, just my own opinion but if this story is True then I have completely no respect for this kid. To have all that talent and to P_SS it all away to play at CCSU is just crazy.
If his relationship cant withstand him being 30 minutes away @ UCONN, then it likely has no future anyways.
The more I read on the kid he seems like a nice young man but really SOFT. Seems more like a tennis player then a football player. A waste of a lot of God given physical gifts IMO.

Reaction Score
Sorry, just my own opinion but if this story is True then I have completely no respect for this kid. To have all that talent and to P_SS it all away to play at CCSU is just crazy.
If his relationship cant withstand him being 30 minutes away @ UCONN, then it likely has no future anyways.
The more I read on the kid he seems like a nice young man but really SOFT. Seems more like a tennis player then a football player. A waste of a lot of God given physical gifts IMO.

So out of curiosity, what kind of Schmuck feels the need to publicly share that kind of opinion? When we're talking about a teenager's life choices, he isn't hurting anyone and it's none of your or my business.

Anonymity is a bad thing.

Reaction Score
I give the kid a lot of credit as I have posted in this thread earlier. And if he goes to CCSU..earns his degree and enjoys playing football with his brother..well that's a bonus.

Reaction Score

One shouldn't cast aspersions if one doesn't know the back story. There are a lot of rumors floating around & only Jasen & his family know the whole truth. Let this play out. As was said locally, if Jasen wants to play football at the college level, the clock is ticking.

Reaction Score

Just curious - do you have kids?

Reaction Score
One shouldn't cast aspersions if one doesn't know the back story. There are a lot of rumors floating around & only Jasen & his family know the whole truth. Let this play out. As was said locally, if Jasen wants to play football at the college level, the clock is ticking.

Please note, I prefaced my comments by saying, If what has been stated is true, then I offered my opinion which is what fan boards are all about. I'm not killing this kid, just saying, based on what was stated in prior posts, the kids seems soft. Tennis player soft and football player tough.

If it turns out that the story about him is not accurate, then my feelings on him would certainly change.

Reaction Score
So out of curiosity, what kind of Schmuck feels the need to publicly share that kind of opinion? When we're talking about a teenager's life choices, he isn't hurting anyone and it's none of your or my business.

Anonymity is a bad thing.

This is a Fan board where Fans state their opinions on players, teams, coaches etc.

Not all comments on players have to be complimentary. I was stating an opinion.

Don;t worry about it because Jason will now be playing at CCSU where nobody gives a sh_t about the program and no one will criticize the players, team etc. Its a great bubble atmosphere where you can lose by 50 and nobody will say anything negative about him.
seems like the kid wants to keep living in high school - be close to home, be w/ GF, play with bro and HS pals. It will be SHS Year # 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Reaction Score
This is a Fan board where Fans state their opinions on players, teams, coaches etc.

Not all comments on players have to be complimentary. I was stating an opinion.

Don;t worry about it because Jason will now be playing at CCSU where nobody gives a sh_t about the program and no one will criticize the players, team etc. Its a great bubble atmosphere where you can lose by 50 and nobody will say anything negative about him.
seems like the kid wants to keep living in high school - be close to home, be w/ GF, play with bro and HS pals. It will be SHS Year # 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Not all comments have to be complimentary. You can say that Cole Ormsby is too slow or BS doesn't look off his receivers enough and people can debate it or agree. But WTF does that have to do with you thinking anyone gives a crap about your (or anyone else's opinion) about an 18 year old that elects not to play at UConn for whatever reasons?

Answer -- it doesn't have anything to do with it. His decision is frankly none of your duck*ing business, and none of us need to hear it.

Reaction Score
Hey FASTEDDY, just curious.. Where did you go to college and play football?

Reaction Score
Not all comments have to be complimentary. You can say that Cole Ormsby is too slow or BS doesn't look off his receivers enough and people can debate it or agree. But WTF does that have to do with you thinking anyone gives a crap about your (or anyone else's opinion) about an 18 year old that elects not to play at UConn for whatever reasons?

Answer -- it doesn't have anything to do with it. His decision is frankly none of your duck*ing business, and none of us need to hear it.

This board is all about opinions on players connected to the program and I will continue to share my opinion whether you like it or not.

You would be fine if something complimentary was said about Rose but anything critical is simply not allowed. That's crazy and just another example who PC and soft people have become.

Reaction Score
This board is all about opinions on players connected to the program and I will continue to share my opinion whether you like it or not.

You would be fine if something complimentary was said about Rose but anything critical is simply not allowed. That's crazy and just another example who PC and soft people have become.

LMAO. Yes, the outside political world is totally relevant to this discussion. Anyone who thinks that people should mind their own business is soft.

Your are totally free to voice your opinion on things that are none of your business. Just as I am totally free to conclude that your need to express your opinion on this makes you a schmuck. Just as I would be if I started commenting on your personal decisions.

Reaction Score

Thing is there's going to be turnover on the roster (attrition). Way more than what we see here in Storrs.... and I believe one QB is a walk on of those frosh.. The kid I think might give some good comp at the position is Carlton Aiken... They were very high on him...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom