WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
Well, as luck would have it, I have to be at Southington H.S. at 2:15 to represent my service club at the meeting of its high school counterpart.
That meeting lasts 20-25 minutes. With any luck, I might be able to catch the tail end of the press conference live. Fingers crossed for good news.

Reaction Score
Nothing more than a gut feel, but I think a press conference at his HS suggests he's a Husky. I wouldn't even be surprised if Diaco encouraged it to build even more momentum on the recruiting front. I'm usually not a big fan of these types of things for HS kids, but if that is the scenario I think it's actually a smart move.

Again, all speculation on my part, but I hope that is the case.

Reaction Score
Nothing more than a gut feel, but I think a press conference at his HS suggests he's a Husky. I wouldn't even be surprised if Diaco encouraged it to build even more momentum on the recruiting front. I'm usually not a big fan of these types of things for HS kids, but if that is the scenario I think it's actually a smart move.

Again, all speculation on my part, but I hope that is the case.
Hope you are right. Rose is the real deal.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well, as luck would have it, I have to be at Southington H.S. at 2:15 to represent my service club at the meeting of its high school counterpart.
That meeting lasts 20-25 minutes. With any luck, I might be able to catch the tail end of the press conference live. Fingers crossed for good news.

Sorry if I missed this. I know Jasen's announcing today but is there a set time he'll be doing it?

Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed this. I know Jasen's announcing today but is there a set time he'll be doing it?

Post #313 above:

CPTV Sports ‏@CPTVSports 11h11 hours ago
What time @JayRose1010 @southingtonfb? We would like to have a camera there. #BICTSS

Jay Rose ‏@JayRose1010 11h11 hours ago
@CPTVSports @SouthingtonFB 2:30 at the high school

Reaction Score
I agree with those who think he's picking UConn.
Would you really want to have a spectacle about your pick if it's down to two teams and you DON'T pick the home team?
I know it happens sometimes but I think he picks UConn. Plus he's made it clear he wants to be close to home and has talked about how cool it would be to help bring UConn football to the next level

Reaction Score
Life changing decision? What a lot of bull. He'll have a good college career and education no matter where he goes. But lets hope he choses UConn because I don't need another reason to hate Cuse.

Reaction Score
Life changing decision? What a lot of bull. He'll have a good college career and education no matter where he goes. But lets hope he choses UConn because I don't need another reason to hate Cuse.

Agreed ... you could argue that every high school senior that chooses a college faces a "life changing decision" ...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed ... you could argue that every high school senior that chooses a college faces a "life changing decision" ...

By definition choosing a college is a life changing decision. Regardless of where you go. You are entering an academic and social environment that very few have experienced through high school.

Choosing a college shouldn't be a life-determining decision. In other words your fate isn't permanently sealed due to the college and major you decide to pursue.

Reaction Score
If there are still any doubters out there, joe Flaccos agent Joe Linta stated publicly "instead of choosing between Uconn and Syracuse rose should be deciding between Alabama and Usc". You can find it on YouTube. There is no Cochran/Boyle comparison here peeps. This is going to be the catch of the century for Uconn football if he chooses them. That is unless you think you know more then the guy the negotiated the largest contract in NFL history at one point.

Reaction Score
If there are still any doubters out there, joe Flaccos agent Joe Linta stated publicly "instead of choosing between Uconn and Syracuse rose should be deciding between Alabama and Usc". You can find it on YouTube. There is no Cochran/Boyle comparison here peeps. This is going to be the catch of the century for Uconn football if he chooses them. That is unless you think you know more then the guy the negotiated the largest contract in NFL history at one point.

Just sayin, but the problem with your analysis is we have no reason to think that Alabama and USC want him taking a scholarship. So I could just as easily say to you "unless you think some damn agent caring primarily about making a buck knows more about football than Nick Saban."

We have offered the young man, and I want him. But what you gave us was hardly a strong argument for him ending up being great.

Reaction Score
Enough already...you sound like a broken duck*ing record with this We all know what he puts up for numbers..we all hope he goes to UCONN. And UCONN must know that too because he is being recruited as a QB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is unless you think you know more then the guy the negotiated the largest contract in NFL history at one point.

Joe is a good agent and handles his clients very well - but one can argue that it does not guarantee that he is necessarily a good judge of physical talent. Part of being a great negotiator is influencing and selling people on a point of view different than their own.

Reaction Score
Just sayin, but the problem with your analysis is we have no reason to think that Alabama and USC want him taking a scholarship. So I could just as easily say to you "unless you think some damn agent caring primarily about making a buck knows more about football than Nick Saban."

We have offered the young man, and I want him. But what you gave us was hardly a strong argument for him ending up being great.

You miss the point. I am not even going to explain. Too painful

Reaction Score
The point is simply that someone that knows more about talent then anyone on this board thinks he is good enough to play for the best football schools in the country and Uconn of all schoolsay get the shot at him. Maybe those three posters aren't so bright.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The point is simply that someone that knows more about talent then anyone on this board thinks he is good enough to play for the best football schools in the country and Uconn of all schoolsay get the shot at him. Maybe those three posters aren't so bright.

We have former players and coaches at the collegiate level on this board who have forgotten more about football than your @$$ will ever know. You Southington homers need to learn your place and stay in your element. I hope that J. Rose becomes a Husky, but if he does I have a feeling that my ignore list is going to double in size.

Reaction Score
You need to go re-read my post! There is NOT 1 person in this thread who doesn't want to see Jasen Rose play at UCONN. We get it, he's a good player...actually if I'm not mistaken not too long ago you were on here saying he was too good to go to school here and that UCONN would be lucky if he even considered them. So spare us with the BULL***T because it is coming hard & heavy from you ONCE again!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I agree with those who think he's picking UConn.
Would you really want to have a spectacle about your pick if it's down to two teams and you DON'T pick the home team?
I know it happens sometimes but I think he picks UConn. Plus he's made it clear he wants to be close to home and has talked about how cool it would be to help bring UConn football to the next level
I hope you are right, but yes I could see someone having a press conference (which may or may not qualify as a spectacle) and not picking the home team. Hopefuly he decides to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Yup that's it...

You have 21 posts here and they are all on the same topic, I guess one could question your objectivity.
Medic I'm sure 1/2 of those are telling members of this board how UCONN would be lucky if Rose even gave them a sniff. This guy is a tool!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Worth noting that the other Southington guy here who spread sh.it about UConn not wanting Rose to play QB was the same one who said a month or two ago that UConn wasn't even recruiting him and that he'd end up at BC. It's kind of sad how the athletic ability of a high school senior who lives in their town is affecting the egos of (presumably) grown men.

Reaction Score

Why do you think that is better evidence of his ability than the fact that NONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALL SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY HAVE OFFERED HIM A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY QB?

Go away please. (not Rose -- I want him. Just you.)

Reaction Score
Why do you think that is better evidence of his ability than the fact that NONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALL SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY HAVE OFFERED HIM A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY QB?

Go away please. (not Rose -- I want him. Just you.)
BL..I just went back and looked at all this clown's posts. They are all in this thread...and basically up until about a month or 2 ago say UCONN will be lucky if they even make his initial list of schools. Pure A S S H A T!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom