Wowsa: Tennessee taking it to Notre Dame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wowsa: Tennessee taking it to Notre Dame

Reaction Score
It’s gonna be a long year for the Irish. With Vaughn & Prohaska out, ND has no depth, no size and no experience. Beyond that, this is one ugly basketball game. ND & TN have a combined 35 turnovers and counting with 6 minutes left.

I thought the MD-SC game was a bit blah, too. Brenda's genius for always losing the important games aside, neither team looked well coached. (Boston was, however, terrific.) So much of wcbb looks like pick-up games, where one person tries to score w/out considering the presence of others on the court. There's a real reluctance to pass the ball.
The UConn-Cal game wasn't much to brag about either; maybe too much passing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Eh, I've heard this sob story before. First of all, just getting Vaughn back will be a MAJOR boost to ND. She may be as important to ND as Olivia is to UConn. If she'd been in this game, there's no way ND gets out-rebounded by 35.

Secondly, there's such a thing as getting better over the course of a long season. ND may not end up a Final Four team, but there's no way they'll look as bad in February and March as they do now.

Vaughn is out another 3 to 5 weeks. Nd's opponents over that time - Mich. St, Toledo, Michigan, FGCU, South Dakota St., USF, Minnesota, UConn, and Depaul.

None of those are gimmes for this ND team.

That's all I'm saying. Of course they will be much better in February and March. It just might be too late by then.

Reaction Score
The past two or three years Tennessee has started off with a very good record, sometimes undefeated. Then, they start playing better teams and start losing. They may not lose to some of the weaker SEC teams but it remains to be seen if they will continue to consistently play winning basketball. Also, Davis has had a number of outstanding games and then disappeared for a few games. They need her to play like she did last night on a regular basis. They won't go far in the Tournament with one player doing most of the scoring. (See Ohio State and Texas A&M in recent years)

Jordan Horston counts as 2 so for the LV's being a 1 trick pony aht aht . Rennia & Horston will lead this team for sure.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Vaughn is out another 3 to 5 weeks. Nd's opponents over that time - Mich. St, Toledo, Michigan, FGCU, South Dakota St., USF, Minnesota, UConn, and Depaul.

That's all I'm saying. Of course they will be much better in February and March. It just might be too late by then.
Too late for the Golden Domers? IIRC, didn't Tennessee get selected for last year's tournament with a relatively poor record? ND should have no problem getting selected with a similar record (which I hope doesn't actually happen - even though I dislike everything ND!).

Reaction Score
Please forgive me, but I look forward to Notre Dame getting it handed to them this year...Tennessee as well, so the worse they play, the better. Go Huskies! C'mon Dec 8th and Jan 23rd!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Florida Gulf Coast, South Dakota State, and South Florida at a tourney in Cancun. I expect 3 single-digit margins of victory or loss.

Reaction Score
How long had it been since the Irish lost 2 games in a row? I know our record but have no idea about the Irish.

Reaction Score
How long had it been since the Irish lost 2 games in a row? I know our record but have no idea about the Irish.
Well, now it's less than 24 hours. They lost last night (Thursday) to Michigan State, three days after loosing to Tennessee. That's gotta hurt.

Reaction Score
ND will lose several games this year. Both teams had slow ball movement. TN has length but not really good offensive sets. UConn will beat both handily.

They'll be UT handily? UConn hasn't been able to close out either of their first two games against teams with less talent than UT.

Reaction Score
They'll be UT handily? UConn hasn't been able to close out either of their first two games against teams with less talent than UT.

Still living in their glory days. I do believe UCONN will beat Tennessee but it wont be handily at all . I wouldn't even be shocked if UT won the game .

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

It will be a question of poise in both cases
Notre Dame has real personnel issues.
We should take them w/o too much difficulty (unless they somehow regain poise).

UTenn is a different problem...their bevy of Big Macs have played like the Katzenjammer kids for a the better part of a decade. The latest version will will match up well (or at least better); no gimme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom