Wow, one game in and ESPN has already made me sick of Ben Simmons | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wow, one game in and ESPN has already made me sick of Ben Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From what little I've seen, I agree he needs to be more aggressive. When LSU clears out and lets him attack one on one it's scary.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how they lost to a Marquette team that had been pretty bad to that point. Johnny Jones is a real question mark.

Reaction Score
I started watching the game with about 5 min left and i kid you not the announcers mentioned Simmons by name or referred to "him" roughly 30 times!!! He wasnt involved in some plays and they still mentioned him somehow effecting the play lol! Great talent but BSPN is nauseating!

Reaction Score
Some of you need to stop letting ESPN influence you so much.

Simmons is a fun player to watch, and by all accounts a good kid. It shouldn't be that hard to ignore the over-the-top media hype if you want to.

Reaction Score
Simmons is going to be the #1 pick in the 2016 NBA draft and its not even going to be close. He deserves the hype and praise he is getting will be a future NBA allstar

Reaction Score
I was watching last night, incredible mobility for a guy his size. Reminds me of Lamar Odom when he was at URI. All I saw was him taking it to the hoop(which was basically unstoppable). Can he shoot? Also his D could be better. Seems like the Marquette bigs dominated and you might think the mobile 6'10 guy might have something to say about that.

Reaction Score
Some kids are simply gifted and made for basketball. He appears that way. I can't say he is a "man among boys' type like some of the other freshman college players (e.g. Chris Webber). But he appears to be the best player on the court in the games I have watched.

He's one and done, because he is just too good to stay in school.

Reaction Score
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they had a question for Love It or Shove It. Bubba asked if Andre Drummond is the player under 24 or so that you want to build a team around. Golic said that is false and offered up Porzingis as his pick. Greeny also said that was false and chose BEN SIMMONS, Ben freaking Simmons. A College freshman who has only played in 3-4 games so far, IN COLLEGE..........

Reaction Score
Simmons is going to be the #1 pick in the 2016 NBA draft and its not even going to be close. He deserves the hype and praise he is getting will be a future NBA allstar

I agree he definitely deserves the hype, unbelievable talent. But as said above it's not "hype" it's a damn circle jerk by the whole crew at BSPN. Hard to ignore, but in the end who cares.

Reaction Score
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they had a question for Love It or Shove It. Bubba asked if Andre Drummond is the player under 24 or so that you want to build a team around. Golic said that is false and offered up Porzingis as his pick. Greeny also said that was false and chose BEN SIMMONS, Ben freaking Simmons. A College freshman who has only played in 3-4 games so far, IN COLLEGE.....

Hate to say it but Greeny might be right. ;)

Reaction Score
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they had a question for Love It or Shove It. Bubba asked if Andre Drummond is the player under 24 or so that you want to build a team around. Golic said that is false and offered up Porzingis as his pick. Greeny also said that was false and chose BEN SIMMONS, Ben freaking Simmons. A College freshman who has only played in 3-4 games so far, IN COLLEGE.....

These are all horrible answers. The correct response is Davis, maybe Towns. The real question is why are you listening to Mike and Mike? These guys know about much as your girlfriend who feigns interest in order to placate you.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hate to admit I was watching but the question excluded Davis.​

Then it's completely arbitrary and a really stupid question. It's not like you have to choose between Simmons and Drummond in the upcoming draft.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

These guys have proven time and time again that they are idiots. Take no notice of them.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Some of you need to stop letting ESPN influence you so much.

Simmons is a fun player to watch, and by all accounts a good kid. It shouldn't be that hard to ignore the over-the-top media hype if you want to.

When you are being bukkaked every time you turn on a college basketball event, it's kind of hard to look the other way.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but Greeny might be right. ;)
AD is 22 years old and 7ft 270+ in a league where the dominant big man of yesteryear is rare. He is nearly averaging 20/20 and has a lot of years left and will only get better. With his size and athleticism in 5 years he may be an unstoppable force the league hasnt seen since shaq. The more i see of AD all uconn bias aside i dont think there is a player under 25 that id take over him.

Reaction Score
AD is 22 years old and 7ft 270+ in a league where the dominant big man of yesteryear is rare. He is nearly averaging 20/20 and has a lot of years left and will only get better. With his size and athleticism in 5 years he may be an unstoppable force the league hasnt seen since shaq. The more i see of AD all uconn bias aside i dont think there is a player under 25 that id take over him.

I said he "might" be right. Only fair to wait to see a little more of Simmons. Thing is neither are good shooters but one can really pass the ball and the other is a pure brute. Tough call but both are very good.

Reaction Score
You take Anthony Davis every time, and possibly Karl Towns as well.

But Drummond looks like he's gonna be a legitimate franchise player (and might already be one). He has a chance to approach some records that have remained untouched for decades.

Reaction Score
You take Anthony Davis every time, and possibly Karl Towns as well.

But Drummond looks like he's gonna be a legitimate franchise player (and might already be one). He has a chance to approach some records that have remained untouched for decades.
Love Anthony Davis but his injury issues concern me. In his 3 seasons he has yet to play even 70 games. This season hes missed about 4 games already.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So Ben Simmons casually drops the 'ol 43-14-7-5-3 line last night. Hype indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom