Would we have beaten ... | The Boneyard

Would we have beaten ...

Reaction Score
Yes. We became a different team and with all 5 cylinders churning finally, we would have offset the inside power advantage of Oregon with our speed, transition game, shooting and defense. Sorry Sabrina but we were going to the FF, not you.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe. There is that “any given day” thing and Geno is the first to admit winning a championship takes some luck along with skill and effort. As Milford said, it could have been a great game but now we’ll never know :(

Reaction Score
No. Still wouldn't be able to run offense against a team that knows how to jam the cutters and get back on defense.

Reaction Score
I think this game would have been a thriller to watch! Darn, gonna miss it......and our gals just might have pulled it off! I always think there’s a chance to win on any given day!
UCONN is tops in my book.......all the way!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nope. As Geno said about the Stewie teams, UConn would know they would have to play their A+ game and Oregon would have had to have a bad day. Whereas Oregon would come into the game knowing if they had their A game going UConn would have no shot.

Reaction Score
Yes. Remember we were about to go on one of the most historic runs in NCAA history.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It wouldve been a terrific game. My Dream wouldve been we win at the buzzer.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Probably not However, if the Starting 5 scored in double digits then it was possible. The three games the team lost this year was because they didn't have Four of the starter play their average game. I do think Sabrina and her teammates were on a mission and Oregon would be hard to beat in Oregon. Now if there no fans in attendance, the odds for UConn winning would have gone up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who makes the shot to win for us at the buzzer in your dream?
Megan. Not only becasue she was the best and most consistent player on the team, but with so many questioning her "#1" ranking coming out of HS her first 2 seasons, well, I just always root for her to exceed expectations.

As for "if we could have won"... Maybe. I think the odds would not have been in our favor, but that's why you play the game. It's possible we could have sprung the upset. I agree with Geno that the team was in a good place and had improved a lot from early games...

I think it would have been a tremendous battle.

Reaction Score
Nope. As Geno said about the Stewie teams, UConn would know they would have to play their A+ game and Oregon would have had to have a bad day. Whereas Oregon would come into the game knowing if they had their A game going UConn would have no shot.
The difference is that Oregon has proven they are beatable this year. Stewie's teams weren't.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oregon would’ve been knocked out by Whatsit State in the first round.

Reaction Score
I think we had a real chance. It would have been a great Regional game.

Off topic, but tickets for some of the best seats (all sessions 3 game package) in Portland were starting to go for 10 times or more over face value ($65) on Stubhub. Some were listed for $900-$1000 just before the cancellation .

Reaction Score
No one knows for sure; yes UCONN has been great over the last five or six games, but Oregon in my opinion is the best team in the country. They have the best starting five in the country and pass the ball just like UCONN. It would have been a very competitive game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom