Would UConn Basketball survive the move to the ACC | The Boneyard

Would UConn Basketball survive the move to the ACC

Reaction Score
I usually don't like what if's but the recent news about Boeheim has me thinking. BTW--that is a guy who never really wanted to break up the old Big East. So I am intrigued, as we have seen so many once proud programs, break upon the rocks of the ACC, if we moved over there would we survive or end up as also rans just like all the others?

Reaction Score
I usually don't like what if's but the recent news about Boeheim has me thinking. BTW--that is a guy who never really wanted to break up the old Big East. So I am intrigued, as we have seen so many once proud programs, break upon the rocks of the ACC, if we moved over there would we survive or end up as also rans just like all the others?
4 National Titles

Reaction Score
Recruiting would drop a tier, but I assume they would be ok.

Reaction Score
I am curious about what it would be like, the conference is extremely weak right now and the flagship programs dont really have alot of positive momentum. Louisville, ND, Syracuse are all a mess. Virginia should be good and then unc and duke are question marks. Then the rest of the conference is meh. Bennett is really the only noteworthy coach in the conference at this point

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Four national titles, that's a game changer. We'd still land our kids

MJ1

Reaction Score
Can’t we just enjoy the Big East tournament and this year and do the What if’s during the off season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Would UConn survive a move to the ACC - hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't expecg an invite to the ACC any time soon - like never. Pitt, Cuse, BC and Lousiville would vote no.

Reaction Score
UConn fans continue to underestimate the strength of the Big East brand. It is greater than the sum of its parts. The brand draws talent. It's the only way to explain that waves after waves of realignment the Big East is still on top.

We leave to a southern centric conference like the ACC and we can easily see our fate just by looking at the other ex-partners that have left. The four national championships won't do $hyt the same way it didn't do $hyt while we were in the AAC

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes. The ACC didn’t destroy Syracuse or Louisville. That’s just nonsense opposing fans made up to make themselves feel better about being left out. Any program in a power conference can thrive with the right leadership and talent. The only difference between the Big East and the ACC is in the ACC we’d have more resources.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn fans continue to underestimate the strength of the Big East brand. It is greater than the sum of its parts. The brand draws talent. It's the only way to explain that waves after waves of realignment the Big East is still on top.

We leave to a southern centric conference like the ACC and we can easily see our fate just by looking at the other ex-partners that have left. The four national championships won't do $hyt the same way it didn't do $hyt while we were in the AAC
Yeah, I don’t know how much BC’s demise in the ACC is instructive. I mean, they sucked in the Big East too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

UConn playing SU, BCU and Pitt every year keeps it relevant in northeast and NYC.

UConn is the straw that stirs that drink.

Throw in UNC and dook every year and yes, UConn will do just fine.

Reaction Score
I am curious about what it would be like, the conference is extremely weak right now and the flagship programs dont really have alot of positive momentum. Louisville, ND, Syracuse are all a mess. Virginia should be good and then unc and duke are question marks. Then the rest of the conference is meh. Bennett is really the only noteworthy coach in the conference at this point
You nailed it. Losing current regional rivals PC, St. John’s, Nova, and Hall. Gaining past regional rivals BC, Syracuse, and Pitt along w/ several other historically strong programs.

Reaction Score

You're comparing the AAC to the ACC? Lol

Reaction Score
The old BE had Miami, WVU, Va. Tech, and L’ville. Along w/ Cincy, Marquette, and DePaul. It wasn’t a cozy northeast league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom