OT: - Worst Song of All Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst Song of All Time

Reaction Score
How about the Tennessee Waltz. It's a beautiful song, but it's about "stealing a loved one away." I guess those folks, including sports teams, don't mind those lyrics for their state song? This Patti Page original has the lyrics in print.

Reaction Score
"Into the Night" by Benny Mardones.

Unless you think that a grown man actively pleading for the love of a 16 year-old is romantic. (Spoiler alert: it isn't.)

Reaction Score
1. "Turn Me Loose". Fabian, an Elvis wannabe, couldn't sing his way out of a shower.

2. "My Sharona" The Knack. I'd rather hear fingernails on the blackboard.

3. "It's My Party (and I'll Cry if I Want to)", Leslie Gore. Stop Whining.

4++++++++. Any Rap. I'm an old fart. Give me Motown, Beatles, Wall-of-Sound.

Reaction Score
"Into the Night" by Benny Mardones.

Unless you think that a grown man actively pleading for the love of a 16 year-old is romantic. (Spoiler alert: it isn't.)

I love that song and the song isn't about what you think it's about.

Mardones had an incredible voice, RIP.

Reaction Score
How about the Tennessee Waltz. It's a beautiful song, but it's about "stealing a loved one away." I guess those folks, including sports teams, don't mind those lyrics for their state song? This Patti Page original has the lyrics in print.

At high school, my first dance song is Tennessee Waltz.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm sticking with 2 Live Crew because it's just so offensive as well as lacking in musical quality.

Beyond that, I've never really gone for the gimmicky songs. Somebody already got Who Let the Dogs Out. You've got stuff like Macarena, Gangnam Style, I'm sure there are others I'm mercifully forgetting.

American Idol foisted William Hung on the world. That seemed like a cruel joke to me, not people actually supporting him.

The worst live music I ever heard, I don't even know the artist's name. It was some absolute nobody that for God knows what reason was the opening act for Jenny Lewis at a show in Seattle. It was HORRID. I felt personally insulted, I was insulted on Jenny's behalf, it was mind numbing how bad it was. I cannot believe a tour manager or executive or whoever actually booked that guy to open a major show. Beyond ridiculous. How bad was it? I nearly went blind temporarily, that's how bad. I'm serious. Now it was probably just my contacts sliding out of position on my eyeball, but my vision went blurry, and it returned to normal after he left the stage. I have to draw my own conclusion about that.

Reaction Score
The No. 1 worst song as voted by CNN.com users in 2006, the song was criticized for its perceived patronizing take on pregnancy from the expecting father's point of view.

Reaction Score
Can't disagree with "We Built this City".
I'd like to add the "Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird" medley

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The worst live music I ever heard, I don't even know the artist's name. It was some absolute nobody that for God knows what reason was the opening act for Jenny Lewis at a show in Seattle. It was HORRID.
The worst I ever saw was a band called Jet Black who opened for Steppenwolf at the Palace Theater in Waterbury. I did see Edith Massey, the Egg Lady from Pink Flamingos. She was awful, but kind of amazing nevertheless. I got there early and saw the sound check and got to talk to her briefly.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hated most of the popular music from my formative years from the mid-70's on. I'll refrain from posting a lot of that. But when we got a jukebox in our high school, one guy took it upon himself to put a couple of quarters in it and put the following song on several times, every day till a couple of people kicked the jukebox to pieces.

Reaction Score
This song popped into my head instantly when I saw the thread title.

Others that followed were "Mr. Roboto" and "(You're) Having My Baby."

I am not posting videos because no one needs reminding.
“Your having my baby” is on my list too but I dispise “Sylvia’s Mother”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom