OT: - Worst Song of All Time | The Boneyard

OT: Worst Song of All Time

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not sure if this thread has been posted in the past, so just after hearing my choice on the radio, here goes.

Starship (not to be confused with Jefferson Starship or Jefferson Airplane) "We Built This City".

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure if this thread has been posted in the past, so just after hearing my choice on the radio, here goes.

Starship (not to be confused with Jefferson Starship or Jefferson Airplane) "We Built This City".
This song popped into my head instantly when I saw the thread title.

Others that followed were "Mr. Roboto" and "(You're) Having My Baby."

I am not posting videos because no one needs reminding.

Reaction Score
Reference Post #20 in the thread 'Nonsensical songs/Wacky lyrics'...
Won't post it again but "The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis.....ugh.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I won't post actual videos, because I wouldn't do that to someone.

But here are my worst.

1. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (covered by....everyone)
2. Imagine - John Lennon
3. My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs
Oddly, Hallelujah is one of my favorites. But it was the music that originally attracted me, I can't make much of the lyrics.

Of all the songs listed so far, and I largely agree they are all fairly awful, I couldn't remember what the "Name Game" was. So I hit play and turned my speaker on. It took about 1 line to remember and 1 more to get the speaker turned back off. Ugh.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If my Dad (1921 - 1983) were posting he would nominate this song. He always told me how much his Dad (whom I never knew) hated this song, and how he flung this 78 record across the room. The full title was "Barney Google with the goo-goo-googily eyes. (Almost 100 years before google was a household brand.)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If my Dad (1921 - 1983) were posting he would nominate this song. He always told me how much his Dad (whom I never knew) hated this song, and how he flung this 78 record across the room. The full title was "Barney Google with the goo-goo-googily eyes. (Almost 100 years before google was a household brand.)

That must be where Koogle Peanut Butter got their original ad campaign, "Here comes Koogle with the koo-koo-koogly eyes..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom