OT: - Worst Song of All Time | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst Song of All Time

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The lyrics are only slightly better than the melody.

Nominated as The Apotheosis of Tecno-ennui.

This recording is to music as
Velveeta is to cheese.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
@The deacon @Blond D. @LesMis89 , you all actually like My Pal Foot Foot???
Can't say I've ever heard it so am happy to take your word for it as to its awfulness.

But I love Hallelujiah, particularly Jon Bon Jovi's version, and adore John Lennon.

Now, my personal fingernails-on-chalkboard song would be The Doors' Light My Fire. Ugh!!! I'm sure there are many folks would disagree with me on that one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“I’ve been carrying a torch for you so long it’s burned a great big hole in my heart.” As I recall this was on the flip side of “ Deep Purple” by April Stevens and Nino Temple (which was a good song). I would make too many enemies if I posted it. (I already have enough.). It has got to be the worst song with the longest title. I doubt very many of you will be able to listen to it from start to finish.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I’ve been carrying a torch for you so long it’s burned a great big hole in my heart.” As I recall this was on the flip side of “ Deep Purple” by April Stevens and Nino Temple (which was a good song). I would make too many enemies if I posted it. (I already have enough.). It has got to be the worst song with the longest title. I doubt very many of you will be able to listen to it from start to finish.
Post/handle

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As to the Shaggs, as I posted earlier in the thread, I'm amazed that they're able to recreate Foot Foot 40 years later. Especially the drum part. A reviewer said many moons ago something to the effect, "The drummer is frantically trying to keep the beat to a song her sisters aren't playing."

Frank Zappa thought the Shaggs were great. Just based on his recommendation, I've listened to their album several times. It has its charms, but I've gotten no further liking their music than I did trying to develop a taste for wine one year.

Here's another act I'd put in the same bucket as them. I first came across Daniel Johnston as a result of Tom Waits being a fan. I think I like the Shaggs more, but YMMV.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
What no link? This is clearly the worst song in the history of the world.

In the runners-up are the rest of the songs on their philosophy of the world album

Dear God! There are no words.

Yikes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I like a lot of fusion genres, but disco and soca just don’t work together.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I remember playing Halleujah when I was a member of my high school band. It was a hard song to play the sousaphone on. But I do like the version that Pentatonix did a few years ago.

Reaction Score
This is a good example of their entire collective work. They combined discord, disharmony, and abuse of melody. I have always wondered how they were as big as they became. I don't think there was one good voice among them. Sorry to be so positive. Listen to it if you dare.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hokay, fokes, just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder. Foot Foot has made it to Japan. My Nipponophile daughter tells me that some of the characters in the backdrop say "Ha ha ha", which means the same thing in Japanese that it means in English.

Reaction Score
I haven't read through this entire thread so I Know I'm probably being redundant, but Bill Withers, Ain't No Sunshine.

You’re on the wrong thread. This is worst song. Not classic songs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom