Worst Pizza | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Worst Pizza

Reaction Score
Ordered a sausage pizza from some place in Orlando many years ago. Yeah, I should've known better, but I was young. It came with breakfast sausage on it. Seriously.

But my family and I recently experienced something even worse. We had a layover in the int'l terminal in Madrid. One of my kids and my wife got pizza at the int'l food court. They both abandoned theirs. I'll eat just about any kind of pizza, but even I wouldn't eat any of what they left. It did have dough, sauce, and cheese. That's about all I can say for it.

Reaction Score
Can't say I have. Kind of off the beaten path unless you're going to the lake, and its fishing rep isn't strong enough to attract me. If my legs get fixed in time though, I hope to go to an event in Lebanon Valley this September. Is it an above decent pie? If so, it would probably only be a half hour ride from there.

It’s seasonal. April to October. A favorite to the locals and usually a half hour wait to get in. It is a little doughy like you describe others from that area but I really like it. Every time I have it I find myself craving it a few days later.

If you ever stumble near it I think it’s worth a stop.

Reaction Score
I had Domino's last night for the first time in decades. Not years. Decades.

Emergency food need in Fairfield. I am waaayyy to old to have done that. It was the only post midnight option. Circumstances were admittedly dubious. Pizza was god awful. Never again. I am shamed.

Sometimes I order Dominos in San Antonio - the pizza there is dreadful, and Dominos is honestly a decent option.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Boo. I quite liked Imos.
After success w/frozen custard, pretzel, BBQ, donut, and a spectacular Nashville hot chicken thigh (not all the same day), I chickened out on the 'signature' pizza on my way to the airport homebound and opted for fried ravioli around the corner from where Garagiola & Yogi grew up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
H2O makes a difference for sure. Florida pizza is terrible, unless they filter the water and even then it is only okay.

Little Caesars, and Papa John's are only good if you're drinking

Reaction Score
Isn't this like a Worst UConn team/player thread?

Hard to contribute or contemplate.

Reaction Score
But my family and I recently experienced something even worse. We had a layover in the int'l terminal in Madrid. One of my kids and my wife got pizza at the int'l food court. They both abandoned theirs. I'll eat just about any kind of pizza, but even I wouldn't eat any of what they left. It did have dough, sauce, and cheese. That's about all I can say for it.
Devland should move to Madrid. He'd eat that because there's not much difference between really bad pizza and really good pizza. ;)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You are not wrong, but I kinda liked Pesaro's. There was no other pizza like it before or since. It wasn't just thin crust, the entire pizza was slide under this door thin. And the crust was kinda rubbery, looking back it must have been double gluten. And the toppings weren't really toppings, more like little multi-colored cubes.

I thought Paul's Pizza was the true sewer of that time. They didn't give a crap what they served you. Never had nasty black burnt crust served to me like I did at Paul's. More than once.
We would make the drunken ride to Momma’s in willi when we wanted pizza. Standard Greek pie but decently executed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
H2O makes a difference for sure. Florida pizza is terrible, unless they filter the water and even then it is only okay.

As a Pirates fan who's been to Spring Training a few times, I've gotten to know the Bradenton area fairly well. While most food in general in FL sucks, head out to Cortez. Fire & Stone pizza is pretty good. Again, not NH good, but you'll enjoy it enough to know not every pizza in FL sucks. Of course the headliner out that way is Star Fish Co., which is perhaps my favorite seafood dive in the US.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
On my way back from Florida in 1990 we stopped in South Carolina so I could watch the sweet 16 game and at 10PM we ordered pizza from the only "pizza shop" open - the sauce looked and tasted like Heinz jar turkey gravy, the sausage was breakfast links and cheese American - absolutely the grossest thing we ever ate. But after Tate sunk the shot all was forgotten until after I shot off some fireworks and drew the sherrif - all was well!!!!

Reaction Score
I had Domino's last night for the first time in decades. Not years. Decades.

Emergency food need in Fairfield. I am waaayyy to old to have done that. It was the only post midnight option. Circumstances were admittedly dubious. Pizza was god awful. Never again. I am shamed.
I agree Domino’s is the worse
A decent brand Frozen pizza at the grocery store is better.

Reaction Score
just got home from Vinny’s Backyard in Stamford. It sucked, but I had to soak up the beer. Not one good quality. Crust, sauce, topping and waitress were all awful!

Reaction Score
In CT? Some friends took us to a place called the Pizza King in Dayville. Bland, thick Dough and about 3 inches of cheap melted mozzarella on top. It was awful.

In the US? There’s a chain in Delaware called Grotto Pizza. Rancid. Absolutely rancid.

Reaction Score
That actually wasn’t my experience. Loads of Italians in San Francisco. Two places stood out to me having excellent pizza. Pizza my Heart (Capitola, Santa Cruz) and Tomatinos (sp?) near the AMC Theater in Santa Clara. Vastly better than most pizza I’ve ever had. And just about the best Chicago Style I ever had was in Berkeley.

There’s tons of great pizza in California. I had a great one in Venice last night.

Reaction Score
I was at a hotel in Arizona with wife and kid, a nice renaissance resort. The ac went out and we had to go through the night in summer with no ac. We got room comped and then, they said anything on the menu.

We ordered pizza for free. It was so awful I wanted my money back. So any pizza outside of northeast sucks.

Also, of the chains, dominos tastes much better than papa john’s or little ceasers and Pizza Hut.

edit: As far as worst in CT. Not a fan of Olee’s in Farmington and don’t like Joey Garlic’s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And you know this from experience?

It's a shame you're not old enough to have enjoyed classic elementary school paste, definitely a thing in its day.
Speaking of elementary school, that pizza was an abomination. I never understood why pizza day was so looked forward to.

Reaction Score
Beau jo's in CO...they have the thick braided crust and you're supposed to put honey on. I didn't figuratively throw up after eating it, I literally did...never again

Reaction Score

Little Caesars, and Papa John's are only good if you're drinking
Papa John’s was the best of those types at least it was when I spent a lot of time in Ky.
Sometimes I have to bring food to the nearby skate park for my Grandson and his buddies ( there all competitive scooter riders ages 9-15 )going to Little Caesar’s near my House I can feed them all for $10. All except my grandson who is a pizza snob like me.
Good pizza is hard to get out here , the best local New York style is Grimaldi’s of Brooklyn fame. They make a custom pie for us with fresh Tomatoes,fresh Basil , and sliced fresh Romano cheese all applied post baking, it’s Kind of like a Pepes’s summer pie.
If we can’t get there Rosati’s right near my house , Chicago style double crust is decent . There sauce is passable . Thin crust to Chicago people is like a super thin cookie crust , Barely pizza so be careful.

Reaction Score
Did you get the ham and pineapple?

Not sure what that means. I don’t get into the pizza debates, I spent the first half of my life in the northeast, I understand how bleak it gets. You guys need something to call your own.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Anything in NJ sux, despite the state's claims to pizza glory.
With rare exceptions, I'm inclined to agree. By Connecticut standards it is pretty much all dreck.

Last edited:

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Ventured down to New Haven yesterday from Shelton to get a few pies from Modern Pizza to take home for Uconn men's game. Great game and great pizza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom