Worst Pizza | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Worst Pizza

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well if someone wants to go there and tell him the pizza sucks I'm all for it. Maybe it would get better. It just can't be me.

The place is in an old fire house, so hence the logo. I think one of the local kids made it.
How much worse it would be if your kids liked it.

What is the flame-engulfed fireman holding up, a miniature carousel?

Basic pizza is just bread, sauce and cheese. There can't be that much range the best to worst.

I wonder if there could be another thread to explore such an assertion.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Abbot's Pizza Company in Abbot Kinney (Venice) is very different (made with bagel dough instead of traditional pizza dough) but very good. They have a great salad pizza and their "everything" crust is awesome, if you like everything bagels. Lots of other very creative combos there. Nothing like apizza Napoletana, but a very good and interesting take on pizza.

Dude...stay on track.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dude...stay on track.
Sorry for the thread drift. @EROCK CONN said he’d only had trash pizza in Southern California. This is in Southern California and it’s not trash, so I thought I’d help a brother out.

As I said, it’s nothing like apizza, but it’s an interesting, unique take and it tastes damn good. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters to me.

Watch the video review of the salad pizza that I linked above. It converts a lot of doubters with pizza bias like we have here.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
don't look, it will give you nightmares. there should be a bounty on chef Boyardee's head.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did I miss it, or did no-one suggest Big-Y's Party Pizza? I leave the party when that thing arrives.
Thanks for the reminder of what had been the reigning 2010's champ at the time I went to earlier-mentioned Uncle Buck's with the same kids, now a few years older.

Not a bad place to insert something more in line with the other pizza thread:

Part of the legitimate basis for championing Ernie's in Westville, is that it is the best New Haven pizza that I can confidently predict will be loved by those who tolerate and/or only know mediocre or bad pizza.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
don't look, it will give you nightmares. there should be a bounty on chef Boyardee's head.

You win. I may even lock the thread. No way anyone can top this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the tip - might have to try those. i’ve had pizza in so cal many times and once in Napa and it was trash.

There is a Pizza my Heart in Los Gatos now too, if you get down that way. Not sure if these are as good as the original in Capitola. Used to get a pie to go and sit on a bench by the beach at sunset.

The place near AMC Mercado is Tomatina. I was close on the name. The Chicago Style place in Berkeley is Zachary’s. This was all 20+ years ago, so who knows now. But they are all still open.

That AMC was a godsend. Finally something besides the awful Century cinemas that had a monopoly for years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any pizza place that’s serves “St Louis Style” pizza.

basically Swiss on matzoh

Boo. I quite liked Imos.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pesaro's just off campus had free delivery otherwise no one would ever eat it. Just terrible, like it was made by blind people who assembled it based on a verbal description.
You are not wrong, but I kinda liked Pesaro's. There was no other pizza like it before or since. It wasn't just thin crust, the entire pizza was slide under this door thin. And the crust was kinda rubbery, looking back it must have been double gluten. And the toppings weren't really toppings, more like little multi-colored cubes.

I thought Paul's Pizza was the true sewer of that time. They didn't give a crap what they served you. Never had nasty black burnt crust served to me like I did at Paul's. More than once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom