OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Totally agree with this statement. There are a bunch of quality movies that are listed on this thread that I don't think belong here. There are quality movies that I don't care for, but just because I don't care for them doesn't necessarily make them bad films.
Your comment has merit, however the thread asked for the worst movie, not critics choices, quality made or have any other qualifiers included. Up to the interpretation of everyone, which means no right or wrong answer. A good thing, we have a large number of films listed, we have a large number of differences on the worst film. We have some fun, lastly to me if I have, and I do a worst film I also consider it a bad film.

Reaction Score
I hereby nominate Caddyshack II. Absolutely nothing that made the first one so much fun was retained for this awful movie. Actually, the same is true of the recent Coming 2 America.

Reaction Score
For me it’s Ted too. Haha,
Went with my friend 20 years older than me.
We were movie buddies b/c my hubby prefers to watch the movies at home! He hates popcorn smell. Didn’t bother him when we were dating!! Anywho, I should have researched it more...,.....stayed 20 minutes,we left and went to have root beer floats! We WERE mortified!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Wow. I love that movie. I'm sure I can think of dozens of movies infinitely worse than that. To each their own though.

Currently at the end of the 8 perfect movies thread. While I disagree with the list in some cases I feel confident that there will be many more entries in the worst movie of all time. list your worst three or just the one movie that really made you want to scream because it was so bad.
I have a list of 8 but the all time worst movie for me was one I walked out on "The Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy." Still have a hard time believing I sat through more than half of it.
Agree, many I am sure are worse, however I was lucky enough to completely avoid them. I may have picked H. Hickers because it had history, successful comic books, press coverage and reviews that didn't suck, most important my wife had read a few articles and reviews and was hot to see it, so while I had reservations I went to enhance our wedded bliss. After 30 minutes half the audience had up and left. I had watched every one of them leave with a heavy dose of envy, 10-15 minutes later wife looked at me and asked if I liked the flick, unable or unwilling to answer she said, I think it's junk, let's get outahere. We still laugh about the experience, the only laughs we were able to get out of it.
In retrospect maybe we should have gone to see something else, if I remember correctly they were showing an oldie at the time "I am Curious Yellow" another cinematic classic.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm with you Bama, and Kaizen. I'll throw in another hypnotic song from "Brother...", by my favorite Bluegrass group, The Cox Family. "I am Weary Let Me Rest" Suzanne Cox has one of the most beautiful voices anywhere. I am weary let me rest
That is quite a moving song. i am not a religious man, but some of the songs on the soundtrack move my spirit.

Reaction Score
We really ought to have specific categories and specific criteria here, although offhand I can't think what they might be. One might be "big budget highly promoted". In that category i would like to nominate "Gremlins". I watched it to the bitter end, only because the woman I was with didn't want to leave. But I remember standing outside watching people leaving the theater laughing and smiling, and thinking "what the hell is wrong with these folks!" That was one bad movie!!
I loved Gremlins. I will acknowledge that I have an offbeat sense of humor. This is definitely dark comedy.

Reaction Score
The most disappointing film I watched recently starred Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. It was an adaptation of a Shakespeare play. I normally don't try towatch bad movies. That is particularly the case when I am watching for Films Worth Viewing, If I come across a bad one, I just don't write a comment. The film in question is "The taming of the Shrew." It was the shortest comment I've written. I read a lot of reviews on IMdB by professionals and film lovers. It surprised to find out how many viewers have found "the worst film ever made .Of course they don't agree..
If I remember correctly, they divorced soon after making that movie together. A case of life imitating art.

Reaction Score
Lady in the Water and The Happening were pretty awful as well. Glad M. Night has rebounded since.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, they divorced soon after making that movie together. A case of life imitating art.
But they got remarried!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I loved Gremlins. I will acknowledge that I have an offbeat sense of humor. This is definitely dark comedy.
The rotting corpse in the chimney story was different level hilarity.

Reaction Score
That is quite a moving song. i am not a religious man, but some of the songs on the soundtrack move my spirit.
This is not on the soundtrack but I hope that this will also move your spirit, as it does mine:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not a movie person but for comedy and so-called classics, but as a youngster, i too was excited (manipulated?) to see batman, even tho batman meant nothing to me, and i don't like any movie swathed in darkness, whether imagery or plot.
20 minutes in, im like 'this really blows.' i felt like ralphie:

Reaction Score
“Portnoy’s Complaint”, “The Silver Chalice”, “The Great Gatsby”, “Jaws 3”, “Somebody Killed Her Husband”, or most movies with John Travolta or George Segal.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This is not on the soundtrack but I hope that this will also move your spirit, as it does mine:

They are so talented, and genuine. Thanks.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
On a call last night with my ole HS best friend, talking old times and as often happens we were talking in old movie quotes when from no where we hit on a movie so bad, so pathetic that I had buried it so deep in my mind that I was shocked that we both remembered it as being without peer as the worst movie of the late 60's or early 70's "I am Curious Yellow".

Reaction Score
Wow. I love that movie. I'm sure I can think of dozens of movies infinitely worse than that. To each their own though.
the hhgttg books were fantastic - read them multiple times - the original bbc show was great as well. the remake, well, at least it had sam and zooey in it. loved the character marvin the depressed robot and still use the name "zaphod beeblebrox" whenever we play the name game, just to tick people off...

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
the hhgttg books were fantastic - read them multiple times - the original bbc show was great as well. the remake, well, at least it had sam and zooey in it. loved the character marvin the depressed robot and still use the name "zaphod beeblebrox" whenever we play the name game, just to tick people off...
I saw this movie over 50 years ago, maybe it's gotten better with time. I doubt it, however I'm glad you like it. I know I will never take the time to watch it again.

Reaction Score
Especially because it won an Oscar. "La La Land". I have directed and composed musicals. I couldn't get through a half hour.

Reaction Score
Lost Horizon

Which version of Lost Horizon are you talking about? I've never seen it, but the 1973 version of Lost Horizon has a very bad reputation. However, the Frank Capra version from 1937 is in my mind one of his best movies. I've seen the Capra version a number of times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom