OT: - Worst movie of all time | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Currently at the end of the 8 perfect movies thread. While I disagree with the list in some cases I feel confident that there will be many more entries in the worst movie of all time. list your worst three or just the one movie that really made you want to scream because it was so bad.
I have a list of 8 but the all time worst movie for me was one I walked out on "The Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy." Still have a hard time believing I sat through more than half of it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Worst of all time? OMG hard to pick just one.

Clan of the cave bear with Darryl Hannah (the books are incredible. The movie dreadful)
Flash Gordon (huge fantasy and sci fi movie buff, but it failed in every way imaginable)
The last airbender (see "Flash Gordon" comments)
Cats (LOVED the play)
ANYTHING with Adam Sandler (seriously how does he continue to work in Hollywood??)
Batman and Robin (just awful, but Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones in "batman forever" were equally horrible)
Howard the Duck - sat thru about 15 minutes of it and literally walked out

That's all i can think of off the top of my my head. Fun thread!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ok, maybe not the worst of all time, but The American Beauty won the Oscar and I hated it. There wasn’t a single character, good or bad, I could identify with and I wanted them all to die to put themselves out of their misery.

Reaction Score
The most disappointing film I watched recently starred Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. It was an adaptation of a Shakespeare play. I normally don't try towatch bad movies. That is particularly the case when I am watching for Films Worth Viewing, If I come across a bad one, I just don't write a comment. The film in question is "The taming of the Shrew." It was the shortest comment I've written. I read a lot of reviews on IMdB by professionals and film lovers. It surprised to find out how many viewers have found "the worst film ever made .Of course they don't agree..

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Skidoo 1969 I saw it when I was 16 and still remember how bad it was
Never seen it but is worth considering merely because Arnold Stang is on the cast. Arnold Stang was also a co-star in Hercules in NY.

Okay, that is bad but no where close to Hercules in NY bad

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Dang I'm getting old. And forgetful. From 1979 to 1987 I was a movie theatre manager, and no I didn't watch them all. But unquestionably the worst of them was a post-apocalyptical film that I "think" might have been "Def Con 4", but may have been something else. Whatever, it was so awful, they "all" walked out of most showings. What few came. It purportedly made no sense. I never saw anything like it, which may be why the name escapes me.

Of names that don't escape me, my pre-management career was in an independent art house. It featured a movie called "Eraserhead" as a midnight show for a while. Our opinion was we had never seen such a waste of film in our life. The largest audience for a showing was, IIRC, 7 patrons. It replaced Pink Flamingos, which I didn't think much better of, but the customers did. Rocky Horror was, of course, our money-maker of midnight shows.

Plenty of movies are stinkers - Howard the Duck for sure; and someone mentioned The American Beauty, which my in laws wanted to see and we did and I could have skipped it. And we did a huge "Annie" promotion in the day and the movie basically left me cold (although I liked a touring Broadway show that came to Tucson).

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think that the worst movie by far (acknowledged by many) is "Plan Nine from Outer Space". If you can find it, see it! So bad it's funny...maybe. An Ed Wood special, it has to beat them all.
Plan 9 was hilarious. Not as good as "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes' though. Many terrible movies, but "Gammera the Invincible", about a flying atomic turtle, was really, really bad.

Reaction Score
Never seen it but is worth considering merely because Arnold Stang is on the cast. Arnold Stang was also a co-star in Hercules in NY.

Okay, that is bad but no where close to Hercules in NY bad

Wow! I thought “Eraserhead” was the worst by far but I may be forced to reconsider! That is really bad!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
@CL82 remarked on the late Arnold Stang and his roles in some terrible films. But he had his good moments, too. I consider this his finest hour, or two minutes anyway.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, I really liked some of those that y'all consider bad. I loved Taming of the Shrew, Seabiscuit, and O Brother Where art Thou.

In the same vein as Plan 9 from Outer Space is Velocipastor. He's part minister, part dinosaur. So bad it's good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom