OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

Reaction Score
I loved the music in this movie. And I was fascinated with the parallels to "The Odyssey" and how certain characters were plucked from that tale. Even the KKK candidate for governor was named Homer. I thought the whole thing just clever as heck. The actors stayed in character throughout. And having lived in Alabama for over 35 years, it kinda felt like home! "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" was a mesmerizing song and scene. For those who found the film less that satisfying, De Gustibus Non est Disputandum.
But you ain't bona fide!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ice Pirates 1984 saw about 10 minutes of it, walked out it was so bad, got pissed walked back in and demanded my money back and got it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I loved the music in this movie. And I was fascinated with the parallels to "The Odyssey" and how certain characters were plucked from that tale. Even the KKK candidate for governor was named Homer. I thought the whole thing just clever as heck. The actors stayed in character throughout. And having lived in Alabama for over 35 years, it kinda felt like home! "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" was a mesmerizing song and scene. For those who found the film less that satisfying, De Gustibus Non est Disputandum.
FWIW, I was meh on my initial viewing. Liked it very much 2nd time around.

Reaction Score
Oh man, gotta strongly but respectfully disagree. That movie is brilliant, retelling the Odyssey in the social context of the American South around the great depression. And the soundtrack won the Grammy for best album, to boot, something no movie since the Bodyguard has accomplished!I "I'll fly away, fly away, oh, Glory, I'll fly away..."

From Justin to Kelly comes to mind as one of the worst conceived, worst executed, misuses of actual talent I've ever seen on the screen. That the principals were all required by contract to participate in it before there was even a plot or script is suggestive of just how little the quality mattered.

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" is the favorite Coen Brothers movie for both me and my wife. In addition this film helped raise the profile of bluegrass/old timey music at the time it came out. Helps that this type of stuff lands in a musical sweet spot for me.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We really ought to have specific categories and specific criteria here, although offhand I can't think what they might be. One might be "big budget highly promoted". In that category i would like to nominate "Gremlins". I watched it to the bitter end, only because the woman I was with didn't want to leave. But I remember standing outside watching people leaving the theater laughing and smiling, and thinking "what the hell is wrong with these folks!" That was one bad movie!!

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Ice Pirates 1984 saw about 10 minutes of it, walked out it was so bad, got pissed walked back in and demanded my money back and got it.

Consider yourself fortunate. I was with my 5 -6 year old son. It was aimed at his age group. He loved every second of it's infantile humor and false bravado action. I sat thru the (w)hole thing.
BTW, he still remembers it fondly.

Reaction Score
"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" is the favorite Coen Brothers movie for both me and my wife. In addition this film helped raise the profile of bluegrass/old timey music at the time it came out. Helps that this type of stuff lands in a musical sweet spot for me.
Sound track, yes.
Movie, not so much....

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed 'O Brother Where Art Thou', but my favorite Coen brothers film is 'Raising Arizona'.

Just happy nobody has listed that film as one of the worst.

Reaction Score
It's playing on TCM this month. Last Friday night they did a 90 minute script read of the movie and then followed with the movie. One of the details of the movie was Boris Karloff died before filming started so they used his wife's chiropractor as a fill in. He played a zombie vampire so he covered his face with his robe. Also, the main female zombie vampire, that looked like Elvira, had a freakishly small waist. It felt like she should split in half at any second.
Good points. One correction though, I believe it was Bela Lugosi who died before production and not Boris Karloff. Both of them were endearing creeps though.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Allison Krause defined this song as "sort of a cross between a lullaby and a field holler. i loved the movie, incidentally.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wow. A lot of you have no idea what an actual bad movie is as opposed to not liking a movie or being disappointed by a movie. For example, Manos: The Hands of Fate is a terrible movie.

As I pointed out, I mostly played them when managing movie theatres, I largely didn't watch them.

I did watch Eraserhead when I was working the art house and I defy anyone to explain how it is a "good" movie. Cult classic, maybe. Women singing in radiators (when you could see what was on the screen), no.

In any case, I have another candidate - C.H.U.D., that would be Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. And there was a C.H.U.D. II, also. A close 2nd to the movie mentioned earlier for folks abandoning the theatre, often requesting their money back.

Yes, I do, however, agree that some of the folks are going by personal reaction. Even I listed one that is just that I didn't like it. However, the sci fi movies I have indicated are, in my opinion, actually bad.

Reaction Score
Howard the Duck didn’t last 5 minutes and walked out ..
Killer Klowns from outer space should have known better
As much as I like Bruce Willis movies Hudson Hawk was terrible ..
And Dude where’s my car should have been dude where’s my money I paid for this crap ..

Reaction Score
FWIW, I was meh on my initial viewing. Liked it very much 2nd time around.
I generally feel that way about all Coen Brothers movies - but I loved Oh Brother on the first viewing.

Wasn't a huge fan of Lebowski the first time, but I have become one after the 27th viewing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom