Worst defending champion ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst defending champion ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we are or aren't the worst doesn't bother me after the title year, but I want to see recruits that give us potential and a chance to be good.

Reaction Score
LOL! I have been to 4 of the 5. I just missed the first when I came to Atlanta from Connecticut with little or no money to do anything. Get off your high horse and I drove to 3 of them from Atlanta. Don't ever doubt my fandom. I die for UCONN basketball.

Sorry if I don't subscribe to the notion that this team is playing to their ability. Far from it. Everyone says this team has a lack of talent but it just isn't so. Go do some research first and realize that almost half our team was top 30 highschool talent.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I don't subscribe to the notion that this team is playing to their ability. Far from it. Everyone says this team has a lack of talent but it just isn't so. Go do some research first and realize that almost half our team was top 30 highschool talent.
Ok well there is no reason to bring up this thread. Have they met expectations? No but the worst ever with a team this limited? I don't think so. Unfortunately some people really had too high hopes with a team that is so offensively challenged. The warning signs were there in the exhibition games. Just enjoy what we our building for next year with Dham and AB.

Reaction Score
I'm a realist but I'm not a little whiny bitch. Difference is just that. They aren't that good, you just figure that out ?
I'm a realist but I'm not a little whiny bitch. Difference is just that. They aren't that good, you just figure that out ?

<Edited for moronic content>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

You need to stop taking this team's performances personally. Are you in the press room fielding questions right now, coach? Quit defending your insecurities and start drinking like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Ok well there is no reason to bring up this thread. Have they met expectations? No but the worst ever with a team this limited? I don't think so. Unfortunately some people really had too high hopes with a team that is so offensively challenged. The warning signs were there in the exhibition games. Just enjoy what we our building for next year with Dham and AB.

The argument from the beginning of the year has been this team has a lack of talent. But most of these guys were ESPN top 100 guys and 4 of them were top 30 guys so almost every night we play we have a squad that was rated higher than almost every team we play. Just frustrating to watch. Maybe the recruiting experts were all wrong on these guys?? If they all stunk in highschool I get it. But that just wasn't the case. Most of these kids were studs in HS.

Reaction Score
No your an Internet tough guy bag that would never do shi$ in a real life confrontation. Go break out your keyboard you tool. Go down on Jerry while your at it. Which one of you pitches / catches??

Wow not sure who's acting like the tough guy here little man.

Reaction Score
So I guess having watched just about every game for the last thirty years doesn't matter if you haven't gone to a final four

Reaction Score
You need to stop taking this team's performances personally. Are you in the press room fielding questions right now, coach? Quit defending your insecurities and start drinking like the rest of us.

Pretty sure any one acting like a little girl isn't old enough to drink. On to the women's board Napolean!

Reaction Score
Pretty sure any one acting like a little girl isn't old enough to drink. On to the women's board Napolean!

Nope. As usual you start with the cussing and name calling. Talk about acting like a little girl. Keep name calling behind your keyboard.

Reaction Score

Are you suggesting his mother brought him to every Uconn Final Four? That's one dedicated Madre.

Reaction Score
No your an Internet tough guy bag that would never do shi$ in a real life confrontation. Go break out your keyboard you tool. Go down on Jerry while your at it. Which one of you pitches / catches??
It is not Mau or my fault that you are a mental midget.

Reaction Score
The argument from the beginning of the year has been this team has a lack of talent. But most of these guys were ESPN top 100 guys and 4 of them were top 30 guys so almost every night we play we have a squad that was rated higher than almost every team we play. Just frustrating to watch. Maybe the recruiting experts were all wrong on these guys?? If they all stunk in highschool I get it. But that just wasn't the case. Most of these kids were studs in HS.
Well RP should never been Mcdonald all american. He was overhyped and guys like PN and KF were borderline at best. OC had a hip surgery and is a totally different player now. Can't just look at rankings when judging a team. Need to see them play together. Even with a lot of talent other teams have underperformed in the past. Sorry if that is too hard for you to acknowledge but there is no sense of bad mouthing a team that wasn't put together well and lacks ball handling, post play and shooters.

Reaction Score
Nope. As usual you start with the cussing and name calling. Talk about acting like a little girl. Keep name calling behind your keyboard.

No name calling just being honest. You are at your best when it's doom and gloom don't you agree. This isn't your first rodeo 999 so if you can throw out the "we sucks" then handle the onslaught from all that disagree!

Reaction Score
Stop.

Rivals
Boat: 42
Omar: 39
Rodney: 12
Facey: 66
TSam: 118
DHam: 16

Scout
Boat: 77
Omar: 58
DHam: 21
Purvis: 18

ESPN
Boat: 74
Omar: 32
Facey: 98
DHam: 30
Purvis: 20

Stop what? 3 sure fire top 30 and boat top 50? the last ESPN rankin for Boat had him at 55. Not sure what I said otherwise fri what you put down there??

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
It kills me that in this day and age in College Sports, whether it is basketball, football, baseball.. what ever.. the term "Defending National Champion" means so little in College Sports. Its so hard to repeat in the pros, let alone college, with kids leaving early, dismissed from the team, academically ineligible, fill in the blank... There is already so much pressure on these D1 athletes but for anyone to expect (including me) them to win back to backs with this roster is unfair. Yes, I had some negative comments and those were mainly firing off at the hip after a bad team performance so when I am wrong I am wrong and I accept criticism for that. This team albeit not that deep or talented is not far away from "getting back" to our normal competitive, some times dominant UCONN teams we are used to. If we land a piece or tw0 (Insert name, Stone, etc)... the team will move forward. My only hope is one or two of those pieces are consistent deep threat, another ball handler.. Coaching will have to be better, and I anticipate it will. Let's hope for a strong American Tourney, yes we need to win it and still can but it will be hard, not impossible if the crowds show and help WILL this team to win as Coach Calhoun used to say. Go HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
It kills me that in this day and age in College Sports, whether it is basketball, football, baseball.. what ever.. the term "Defending National Champion" means so little in College Sports. Its so hard to repeat in the pros, let alone college, with kids leaving early, dismissed from the team, academically ineligible, fill in the blank... There is already so much pressure on these D1 athletes but for anyone to expect (including me) them to win back to backs with this roster is unfair. Yes, I had some negative comments and those were mainly firing off at the hip after a bad team performance so when I am wrong I am wrong and I accept criticism for that. This team albeit not that deep or talented is not far away from "getting back" to our normal competitive, some times dominant UCONN teams we are used to. If we land a piece or tw0 (Insert name, Stone, etc)... the team will move forward. My only hope is one or two of those pieces are consistent deep threat, another ball handler.. Coaching will have to be better, and I anticipate it will. Let's hope for a strong American Tourney, yes we need to win it and still can but it will be hard, not impossible if the crowds show and help WILL this team to win as Coach Calhoun used to say. Go HUSKIES!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^

Well stated

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Two options for you...

1) Stop being a dick.
2) Stop posting here.

Reaction Score
Stop.

Rivals
Boat: 42
Omar: 39
Rodney: 12
Facey: 66
TSam: 118
DHam: 16

Scout
Boat: 77
Omar: 58
DHam: 21
Purvis: 18

ESPN
Boat: 74
Omar: 32
Facey: 98
DHam: 30
Purvis: 20

Also are you just making up quotes for me? I never post
Two options for you...

1) Stop being a dick.
2) Stop posting here.

I will not be cussed at and called names and have you tell me to stop being a dick. I could care less if you ban me. Go your mother.

Reaction Score
The argument from the beginning of the year has been this team has a lack of talent.
I think there has been a very large miscommunication/misunderstanding regarding the difference between a lack of talent and a failure to meet subjectively perceived potential.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Wait to after the NCAA and NIT tourneys before making judgement about this team and league..

Reaction Score
Florida wishes they could be the worst defending champ ever right now. Too bad we stole their lunch money last April.

Like us, Florida also lost basically their entire nucleus and are struggling to rebuild. Happens in college sports sometimes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm less concerned with being "the worst defending champion" than I am being the worst UConn team since 1987 (which would be the 2007 17-14 team that was not invited to any postseason tourney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom