Worst defending champion ever? | The Boneyard

Worst defending champion ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a truly painful year. Team will struggle to be .500 in the worst "major" conference in D1 when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
Not in the least. Id be ok if this team was out-talented every night but they just aren't competing to the level they are capable of. There are very few teams that have the talent level they do and they are just plain awful, and that right there is infuriating.

Reaction Score
Not in the least. Id be ok if this team was out-talented every night but they just aren't competing to the level they are capable of. There are very few teams that have the talent level they do and they are just plain awful, and that right there is infuriating.

Do you really think that? How many of these guys would get minutes on an average UConn team from 94-09?

Reaction Score
Well Hamilton and Boat were top 25 guys and Purvis was a Mcd AA. How any teams have 3 top 25 guys???? Unless rankings mean little.

Reaction Score
Boatright was not a top 25 recruit.

Your splitting hairs. Every publication had him in the top 50 and several the top 25. So not really disproving my point. 3 top 35 guys and we are this bad? It's not for a lack of talent.

Reaction Score
Well Hamilton and Boat were top 25 guys and Purvis was a Mcd AA. How any teams have 3 top 25 guys???? Unless rankings mean little.
LMAO Boat was nowhere near the top 25. Hamilton is a freshman. And Purvis is kind of an enigma (with an injured shooting wrist) at this time, as he has given us some pretty big performances.

And besides all that, have you really not yet figured out that rankings mean little? Did you just start watching basketball this year?

Reaction Score
Your splitting hairs. Every publication had him in the top 50 and several the top 25. So not really disproving my point. 3 top 35 guys and we are this bad? It's not for a lack of talent.

Please name 1 that had him in the top 25. ESPN had him at 74. He was ranked 64th in the RSCI.

Reaction Score
Well. Again. It's not for a lack of talent. I will add Omar Calhoun to that list as well as he was a top 30 guy.

Reaction Score
This is a truly painful year. Team will struggle to be .500 in the worst "major" conference in D1 when all is said and done.
Dude are you a real UCONN Fan? Enjoy the team and Dham's and AB's development into leaders of the team for next year.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that? How many of these guys would get minutes on an average UConn team from 94-09?

I'll bite.

Boat -- 34 mpg starter
Purvis -- frustrating 20 mpg rotation player, but not a starter and not relied on to carry the load
Hamilton -- 30 mpg, promising starter on a young team; a 22 mpg instant-offense bench guy on a veteran team
Facey -- 10 mpg 4th big
Brimah -- 15 mpg backup C

Samuel -- 5 mpg in-case-of-emergency guard
Cassell -- ditto
OC -- 8 mpg 5th backcourt guy
Nolan -- 2 mpg in blowouts (remember when we used to blow people out?)
Lubin -- 1 mpg in blowouts against cupcakes

That's two possible starters, a few useful but flawed backups, and a bunch of end-of-the-bench guys.

Reaction Score
Dude are you a real UCONN Fan? Enjoy the team and Dham's and AB's development into leaders of the team for next year.

How many UCONN final 4s did you go to? Probably zero. I've been to them all.

Reaction Score
How many UCONN final 4s did you go to? Probably zero. I've been to them all.
LOL! I have been to 4 of the 5. I just missed the first when I came to Atlanta from Connecticut with little or no money to do anything. Get off your high horse and I drove to 3 of them from Atlanta. Don't ever doubt my fandom. I die for UCONN basketball. I have been following the team since the late 70's and early 80's when they sucked with players like Corny Thompson, Chuck A, Karl Hobbs, and Mike McKay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom