OT: - World Cup | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Reaction Score
The agenda has been the same since the groups were announced...beat Iran. USA controls their own destiny. Win and advance to the knockout stages where anything can happen.
This is true. The mark was 5 points, with a win over Iran and draws against the other two. We're still on schedule, just need to make good.

Reaction Score
Are USA and England that close or was England just playing hard enough to draw? I expected a much more difficult time for us.

England is wildly overrated and the USA is underrated.

I think you know the answer to the question.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Transitive property doesn't work here.

England beat Iran 6-2.
Iran beat Wales 2-0.
Wales drew against us.
We drew against England, even though in theory we should be 6 goals worse.
Right, which was my point in response to the initial post.

Reaction Score
Surprised there were more goals than red cards with these 2 sides.

Another “final” tomorrow with Germany needing a result against Spain

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Surprised there were more goals than red cards with these 2 sides.

Another “final” tomorrow with Germany needing a result against Spain
That match was nasty. Mexico knows how to simply foul you to the point you lose composure, and Argentina can flop with the best. Ref did a great job early to limit the nonsense. Better team won.

Reaction Score
Canada is electrifying. I hate to say it, but I think they're going to make an imprint on the world stage before the US.

Reaction Score
LOL at Canada's first goal being offsides and VAR just saying, "But they've never scored before" and ignoring it.

Reaction Score
LOL at Canada's first goal being offsides and VAR just saying, "But they've never scored before" and ignoring it.
Are you referring to the goalie's kick? Looked like he was clear of the far defender.

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the goalie's kick? Looked like he was clear of the far defender.
Yes, I must've missed the far defender. I saw him over the halfway line with the defender standing on the line. a lot of people on twitter saw it the way I did but they must've missed the far defender keeping him on. Also, the announcer missed the far defender as well since he said it was possibly offside.

Reaction Score
Kovacic is such an amazing player. Sitting with my 13 year old, I advised her to keep her eye only on him.

Reaction Score
Canada is electrifying. I hate to say it, but I think they're going to make an imprint on the world stage before the US.
They’ve looked like a dear in headlights since the opening goal.

Reaction Score
Right, which was my point in response to the initial post.
We at least showed a quick counter against England minimally getting into their head . If we did that against a Wales it would have been 3-0 USA .

Reaction Score
I still want to see evidence of Pennstater’s specious claim that there are large protests under way to kick the USA out,

If it were a cross, Subba and @upstater woukf have no problem with this.

He’s actually confused, it’s just this.

Reaction Score
Concacaf proving to be the weakest region so far
Well, there's no stellar team in our region but Concacaf has played several top teams. We are effectively low seeds, the extras. Teams played by Concacaf: Spain, Belgium, England, Croatia, Argentina. When they're not playing the top teams in the World, they are having similar success as everyone else, 1 win, 2 ties, 0 losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom