OT: - World Cup | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's day 1 Equador taking on Qatar. Tomorrow USA starts play. It feels strange that the games are starting this time of year, but with UConn, NFL, NHL, and WC it will be a busy month for the sports fan.

Reaction Score
Happy 4Th Of July GIF by FIFA

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many infidels will actually attend these things in person. Seems one can get arrested for just about anything, like even getting a bit loud and rowdy in the stands.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many infidels will actually attend these things in person. Seems one can get arrested for just about anything, like even getting a bit loud and rowdy in the stands.
Well when these are the accommodations, I don’t know who in their right mind is attending…

Also love the Ecuador fans chanting “we want beer” at half time.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Qatar, a nation no one cares about corruptly bought a World Cup in an attempt to burnish their national reputation and it is all gloriously going down in flames. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of tyrannical fanatics.

Here is the best look so far. It was widely suspected that Qatar paid several Ecuador players to throw the game. Turns out that was not true (or someone got ripped off). Maybe after stiffing Budweiser and a bunch of other promises the Ecuadorian reconsidered.

I look forward the US broadcast dancing around it all, while the world press shows how horrid they are.

Reaction Score
Well when these are the accommodations, I don’t know who in their right mind is attending…

Also love the Ecuador fans chanting “we want beer” at half time.
Maybe they watched the Fyre Festival documentaries and got so excited that they turned it off before seeing how it ended. Or Billy McFarland was hired as a consultant? When fact checking this post I saw he was released from his half way house in September, 2022. Coincidence?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like we are going to get anything off England. We better win today.

Reaction Score
It doesn't look like we are going to get anything off England. We better win today.
Win today and we're in great shape.

Draw today and we just need to outperform Wales in the other two matches (beat Iran, keep score vs. England manageable and hope Wales doesn't draw England).

Lose and we're basically done.

Reaction Score
And also this is nothing new. Nobody expected Iran to do anything against England.

Reaction Score
Maybe they watched the Fyre Festival documentaries and got so excited that they turned it off before seeing how it ended. Or Billy McFarland was hired as a consultant? When fact checking this post I saw he was released from his half way house in September, 2022. Coincidence?
LMAO

Reaction Score
USA pretty good 1st half. Wales was bad. Feeling good.

Reaction Score
Brutal penalty there. No idea for Zimmerman was doing there

Reaction Score
Wild game! What drama. USA needs to do better when Pulisic is facing up defenders and on the counter attack. I expect more in those situations.

Reaction Score
Refs are so Bias its not even funny... that game was US vs. the refs.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
USA always finds a way to screw it up. They need to give Iran a beat down.

Reaction Score
Pulisic made a lot happen with an excellent through ball but his set pieces were not good. He had a pass back opportunity for an easy goal but tried to take it himself.
Did Aaronson let that header opportunity go through or just whiff?
We got lucky a few times with their two headers and the open goal opportunity for Bale.
Where was Reyna?
Could've been worse, bummer it wasn't better. I guess its good the kids got the jitters out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom